Published: 2013/06/08

Umphrey’s McGee Confirm NYE in Denver

Photo by Bob Luly

Umphrey’s McGee have announced a three-night New Years Eve run at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver. The band will perform on December 28, 29 and 31. The announcement came last night (in the form of an invitation) at the end of Umphrey’s McGee’s concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO. The shows are billed as the conclusion of the band’s 15 year anniversary tour. There’s no word yet on ticketing information and other details, but we’ll update you as soon as possible.

Comments

umchicks June 9, 2013, 15:44:37

When did jambands start sensoring so much. It always seems like they are protecting Umphreys and their awe inspiringly creative cover mashes. People who work for the band told someone something, everyone knows Kris has fake hair and is a speedy drummer and Brendan is searching for that song still. I have seen over 80 shows since 98, but hey I would never post a picture of Myers with tape on his head the day he got hairplugs cuz he is a groovy dude.

umchick June 9, 2013, 15:39:03

Wow i guess I struck a note with somebody for Jambands to drop a true post about what is going on via people with UM. Its not like I told everyone Kris Myers has hairplugs or anything which is true. He is a great drummer though. Very speedy.

Engaged in Boulder June 9, 2013, 22:41:26

My what a night in Boulder. My partner and I got engaged in front of a band we recently began to relove after an incodent with a band member. Everyone around us was so cool around us during All in Time when he dropped to a knee. I felt like it wasnt the first time Umphreaks have seen same sex engagement, although Randy usually is is to something else on one knee, and Plunger is his fav if you feel me! We are so excoted and I said yes! Who would have thought thay the open spirit of any sexuality would come out at an Umphreys show. We are flying to take the bus leaving from North Chicago full of manly Umhreaks if you dig for Summer School. I know of multiple same sex engagements planned for those cabins. Cabinboy!!!!! LGBT jammers for eva. NYE will be a rainbow of possibilities. Scotty the Salamander

n2x June 9, 2013, 22:49:47

Scotty my partner and I were dancing right behind you. We were touched to see another open couple in the scene. You guys are cute. We are going drag to NYE if yall wanna join. Hoping for a plunger!;->

KicktheCat June 10, 2013, 00:28:41

I will see if we can’t get some Judas Priest Queen mashes through my buddy in the band. How sick a way would that be for all of us going to Summerskool and more and more UM shows to feel welcome. Extra late night handsoap needed in group shower for sure JK. We are taking over queens. Cabinboy!!!!!

Rumor June 10, 2013, 00:42:15

The bigger rumor at Waka was which two guys won’t be in the band in twelve months. One chick was crying about it saying I can’t believe what’s going to happen. Who do you think? Ryan and Andy? Brendan and Joel? Kris maybe kicked out and someone else leaves? It might be time they are good musicians but what’s the point when you can’t get a groove writing together for we’ll over half their career as a band together. Soon you are just a caricature of your former self. It’s like a baseball player that bats .210 and has 35 home runs. The old home run trot is a good memory but the decreasing average material is dragging the team down.

Clown Shoes June 16, 2014, 08:45:50

wow, looking back on these comments is hilarious, first off everyone is still and the band and second off the band just came out with their best record to date. Haters gonna hate! Jam on UM

Clown Shoes June 16, 2014, 08:46:57

T June 8, 2013, 20:06:22

Although already mentioned (and deleted by Jambands.com presumably), I wonder what they are going to do on the 30th.. Anybody have any ideas? Are they allowed to have winter Rocks shows? That would be awesome!

Joshua B. Mantis June 8, 2013, 08:18:43

I had a feeling it might be Colorado, at Wakarusa rumors were flying left and right…

Phil June 8, 2013, 11:24:07