Published: 2013/06/12

No Umphrey’s McGee sUMmer school in 2014

Umphrey’s McGee have announced that sUMmer school will not take place in 2014. The event, which features jam sessions and music lessons with members of the band, will take place this year at the Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, NY June 17-21. Cabin’s for this year’s sUMmer school are still available for a variety of prices.

In related news, Umphrey’s McGee’s Joel Cummins has confirmed that the band is currently in the studio working on a follow up to 2011’s Death By Stereo.

Comments

Umbreak June 13, 2013, 09:09:10

No Summer Skool? When are they going to tell us about the hiatus and which band members are gonna leave. At Wakarusa it’s all I heard and everyone points to Brendan and Joel having writers block and Ryan looking good and playing average at best up there. Are they getting Myers a new wig? Summer Skool this year is LGBT open so it will be different. I’d pay to watch Ryan get a bass lesson if Jake got vocal training.

Can't sell Tickets June 13, 2013, 09:12:36

Why don’t bands just say “We cannot sell out this gimmick like texting bowl so we are losing money so we cannot do it again.” UM a band in flux which is why Vince splintered to manage Yonder.

The champ of all trolls June 13, 2013, 09:24:59

The two comments above are by the same troll who posts every timeā€¦.get a life

BV June 13, 2013, 09:25:51

Haters.. The bands back in the studio. Doesn’t sound like much of a break to me. Let the band do what they do, if you dig their music cool.. if not just chill and move onto something different.

bj June 13, 2013, 10:03:47

ya stupid trolls. we get it, you went to wakarusa, you don’t like umphreys. cool. i do, that’s y i like reading about them.

umphan June 13, 2013, 10:06:16

He has a point. Why announce this so soon? I dont think thats trolling. In reality the band has no good new songs and has not in along time. They went into the studio for Death By Stereo and I still cannot find any actual work on the album why is this different? Some of the guys have issues, Vince gets over on them and they are canceling gigs over a year out that they cant sell out this year? Its called a decline. Secondly Champ of trolls do you have an issue with LGBT fans? Biggot. One of Umphreys best qualities is their experimentation in all areas of life, but missing the traffic sign of their fork in the road happened in 2006. Sorry man, I like UM a ton but those arent trolls they seem dead on.

champ of trolls carries. water June 13, 2013, 10:13:49

Do you work for the band? Sounds like VInce is paying you minimum wage to blog from the DePaul library or you are sitting on your thumb looking at a picture of Andy, biggot. Me and my boystown crowd are good friends with the band.

paulfrombuffalo June 13, 2013, 11:16:35

What I will never understand about this site is that people comment on bands that they do not like > why? There are dozens of bands I have zero interest in and if a story about them is on this site I do not even read it. Commenting on it would really make me a moron! If you like Umphreys, on a good night, they are, to you and me, the best band on the planet. If you don’t like UM, why are you listening to them or attending a show? Like I said, morons!

defensive June 13, 2013, 15:16:27

Paul all I can tell is people here like UM but are just analyzing there recent work. I love the band, but to say my interest hasnt waned with all the covers and all my favorite originals were written when Mirro was in the band and Brendan played lead alone. I would say those are at least creative difficulties. Best band in the world? Maybe on DMT

paulfrombuffalo June 14, 2013, 08:48:28

You have a problem with DMT? :)