Published: 2013/06/18

Robert Hunter to Perform This Fall

Grateful Dead scribe Robert Hunter has confirmed a pair of live dates. Hunter will appear at Allentown, PA’s Miller Symphony Hall on September 28 and Glenside, PA’s Keswick Theatre on October 4.

The musician and lyricist has only made sporadic live appearances during the past two decades. Most notably, he performed at New York’s Wetlands closing night in 2001 and supported The Dead on select shows between 2002-2004. Since his last support spot with The Dead on August 8, 2004, he’s written with the likes of Bob Dylan, Jim Lauderdale, Little Feat, Papa Mali and the surviving members of the Grateful Dead, among others.

Comments

art deluca June 18, 2013, 12:08:36

Robert is a great songwriter and performer not to be missed .He tours very sporadically .He wrote a lot of songs with Jerry ,I have seen him perform at the fox theater in new jersy with the jerry band on the bill .If you like the dead youll love Robert Hunter.Have fun be careful ,enjoy the ride!
Can’t wait Happy its penn wish it was NY

Ralph Huntington June 18, 2013, 13:12:04

Robert Hunter’s lyrics touch the soul.

Glenda McCue June 18, 2013, 13:14:47

I think Robert Hunter is the best song writer in the entire world the only other one to be in that category is Bob Dylan, I so wish he were coming to Las Vegas for a concert,maybe he could join Furthur on Oct. 1st and 2nd, We have our tickets to that show at the Palms. He is so the very BEST of the best, An obsessed Grateful Dead fan…...

Glenda McCue June 18, 2013, 13:21:07

Robert Hunter is the best song writer in the world, the only one who comes close to him is Bob Dylan, I so wish he were comming to Las Vegas for a concert, maybe he can join Furthur on Oct. 1 and 2 at the Palms, We have our tickets, We are obsessed Grateful Dead fans….......

Glenda June 18, 2013, 13:27:36

I forgot to mention a female songwriter that is amazing also , Joni Mitchel, and I know Robert did all the Jerry songs and was tied to him more than bobby or Phil but it would be great to see him perform here in Vegas with Furthur. I can Hope can’t I?

lauren June 18, 2013, 16:30:22

Love, love, love Robert Hunter. Come to L.A. please.