Published: 2013/06/24

Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Patti Smith to Rock The Capitol Theatre

Neil Young & Crazy Horse will perform at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on September 2. Patti Smith will join them as their supporting act for the show, which will be the one year anniversary celebration for the recently reopened venue. The 1800 capacity Capitol Theatre will also be the smallest place that Neil Young and Crazy Horse have played in recent memory. Tickets to the concert will go on sale this Friday, June 28 at noon ET.

Neil Young will be at The Capitol Theatre just a few days before he and Crazy Horse headline the inaugural Interlocken Festival in Arrington, VA on September 7. That event will also feature performances by Furthur, Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, The Black Crowes, Gov’t Mule, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Jimmy Cliff and many more.

Comments

Gazillionaire June 24, 2013, 17:07:25

WHat an SOB! Check out the ticket prices!

Kurt Bevaqua June 24, 2013, 17:15:49

Get a job instead of whining about ticket prices

Steve b June 24, 2013, 20:14:26

Kurt u have to be kidding right? Get a job? Get real man, I have a job, work full time to pay rent and everything else like most people out here BUT regardless $153 for the cheapest I the house is outrageous. That’s before it sells out in a flash and scalpers drive it even higher. Peter- how can u allow those prices at your venue!?!?!?

MarZaPhiGar June 25, 2013, 03:19:10

I’m with you, Steve. Lotta coin for a rehearsal show.

Chris June 25, 2013, 10:58:54

The fact it will sell out in a flash shows that it is not over priced. I understand you can’t afford it and neither could I but that does not mean that it is overpriced. We do live in a supply/demand world.

JOHN June 25, 2013, 11:11:58

ALL THE HIPPIES OF THE SIXTIES ARE THE THE YUPPIES OF TODAY. MUCH WORSE THAN THERE PARENTS WERE WHO THEY BITCHED ABOUT IN THE 60’S. HOW MANY MILLIONS AND MILLIONS HAVE PEOPLE LIKE NEIL AND THE DEAD MADE OVER THE YEARS, YET THEY STILL CHARGE ALOT FOR TICKETS. WHERE’S ALL THAT MONEY?

Bill Harriman June 25, 2013, 11:42:14

These prices are outrageous! I love Neil. I have all his CD’s. I read his book. However, I will not pay over $200 dollars for a concert ticket. I’m sorry but Neil is a bit of a hypocrite. On June 1st I saw the Wood Brothers open for moe. in Danbury. The tickets were 20 bucks each for a 4+ hour show. There’s no reason why Neil couldn’t keep the prices under a hundred bucks. He comes across as a selfish and greedy bastard.

Steve b June 25, 2013, 13:44:52

Hey Chris the editors of this site and relix write a book called ticket masters-a good read. Read it and you will learn that a super fast sell out is the manifestation of many things, not really the every day fans scooping them all up.

mutter June 25, 2013, 14:22:33

Just reflecting on why I have not seen Neil since 2003…then I remembered….his expensive tixs!

Carson June 26, 2013, 08:50:19

Call me crazy, but to see Neil in a 1800-seat theatre for $150 doesn’t seem THAT outrageous. Other “legends” on the circuit charge much, MUCH more for seats in an ARENA. No one is going to have a bad seat for this show, and this intimacy is going to be something special. Probably the smallest place Neil and the Horse have played since their warmup shows in 96-97.

Noodler June 26, 2013, 09:32:54

I doubt it’s about the money for its own sake. Neil has a lot going on outside of music. Probably going to pour it into LincVolt.

Jack June 26, 2013, 11:17:22

When an artists music is downloaded illegally they must make money doing live shows. This is a small venue too and the prices are actually not bad at all. Top ticket for the Stones at the Barclays was 800!

dk70 June 26, 2013, 14:27:56

Why does he charge so much? Because he can. Write literally 1000 amazing songs and you too can siphon everyone’s “disposable” income at every venue in the US and abroad.

Soul Stu June 26, 2013, 14:31:28

People paid same prices for Barclays center for NY & horse. Neil’s got a big crew to support on tour. Cant blame venue… Look @ Capitol roster, most shows $40, bigger acts cost more. It’s an awesome venue & Crazyhorse never disappoints… Outta my price range but would swing it if I could!

Vegas July 4, 2013, 14:20:35

For a reference point, I was lucky enough to see Neil and the Horse with the wonderful Lucinda Williams on the Greendale tour here in Las Vegas around 8 years ago. They played the old Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. It held about the same (2,000ish). Tickets were $75.00.

Kevin Collins July 4, 2013, 14:40:42

I bet Ol’ Neil doesn’t even know how much tickets to his shows cost !! His management,booking agents and lawyers handle all those details. Neil just shows up an hour before he goes on and does his thing.