Published: 2013/06/25

The Rolling Stones Close Out US Leg of Tour in DC

The Rolling Stones wrapped up the North American leg of their 50 and Counting tour last night at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. The fairly uneventful set did not feature any special guests, with the exception of recurring guest Mick Taylor, who sat in for “Midnight Rambler” and “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” and The Washington Chorus, who contributed on “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” The show also included a fan requested performance of “Street Fighting Man.”

The Rolling Stones will return to the United Kingdom to headline the Glastonbury Festival on June 29. They will also play two shows at Hyde Park in London on July 6 and July 13.

Comments

dubs June 25, 2013, 12:14:37

The set was eventful, as Mick Jagger took a moment to take a swipe at the President’s defense of his nation’s snooping policies. As soon as he said, “Obama”, the place booed. I wonder why Jambands leaves that part out. Does it embarass them that honeymoon between the lefties (most jamband fans) and the President is apparently over ?

Nah June 25, 2013, 12:20:53

Nah dude they probably just didn’t know it happened. Lots of jambands fans are libertarians too so I doubt many of them support the NSAs bullshit.

Deadman June 25, 2013, 12:23:27

Why would they boo Obama? The GOP wrote the book on illegal information gathering! Here’s a scary thought, people actually VOTED for a moron like Romney!

MSK June 25, 2013, 12:23:35

there definitely were scattered boo’s, but hardly enough worth mentioning. lots more chuckles after the “listening” joke

ultraviolet light June 25, 2013, 12:36:56

how could they make that joke…and not play fingerprint file? Rolling Stones – Fingerprint File Lyrics Fingerprint file, you got me down
Keep me runnin’, know my way around
Fingerprint file, you got me down
Keep me runnin’, know my way around Know my habits, way ahead of time
Listening to me on your satellite, yeah Fingerprint file, you got me down
Keep me runnin’, know my way around Keep on lookin’, feelin’ tagged
Crossin’ water, tryin’ to wipe my tracks And there’s some little jerk in the FBI
Keepin’ papers on me six feet high
It gets me down, it gets me down, it gets me down
Well, it gets me down, it gets me down Who’s the man on the corner
Yeah that corner, that corner over there Fingerprint file, you got me down
Keep me runnin’, know my way around Keep a look on, on your telephone
Wrong number, baby, they know you ain’t home And there’s some little jerk in the FBI
A keepin’ papers on me six feet high
It gets me down, it gets me down, it gets me down
It gets me down Hello, baby
Ah, yeah, you know, we ain’t, we ain’t talkin’ alone
Who’s listenin’? I don’t really know
But you better tell the SIS to keep out of sight I know, they’re takin’ pictures on the ultraviolet light
You now I ain’t right, oh yeah, alright
Yeah, I know babe, but these days it’s all secrecy and no privacy
Oh, good night honey, sleep tight

Boo Obama June 25, 2013, 12:45:20

People need to get over this Obama vs Bush nonsense. They are both equally bad. Don’t you get it? Obama is just as bad, if not worse, on civil liberties than Bush. Those are the facts. Forget what the guy says and start looking at what he does. Just because someone boos Obama for this stuff doesn’t mean they love Bush. Anyone who’s paying attention knows that they are both just two sides of the same problem. Doesn’t it bother you that the only the Republicans and Democrats can agree on is that your civil liberties are meaningless? Bush started this stuff by Obama has continued it and if you have any principles you will boo them equally.

dubs June 25, 2013, 13:41:58

Boo Obama is right, this isn’t a Bush vs. Obama thing. I do take isssue with Boo Obama in so far as I do not think that Bush “started it”. Our enemies have ushered us down this path. Now who want’s to be the first to tell me that we had it coming, that America deserves our enemies wrath. You don’t deserve freedom or privacy, soon you will have neither.

Boo Obama June 25, 2013, 15:51:16

If by “our enemies” you mean the people in power then yeah, I’m with you on that one. I’m a pretty liberal dude but, cine I actually have principles unlike most supporters of the Democratic Party, I find the current NSA snooping thing abhorrent. Doesn’t matter if its Bush or Obama, it’s just wrong and so far I’ve seen little no evidence of its efficacy. Seems like good ole fashioned police work does the job most of the time.

Jersey Stones Head June 26, 2013, 10:16:18

This set was hardly unremarkable. The street fighting man was the first american performance since 2006 and worried about you as well hasnt been played in the usa since 06. i didnt hear people booing obama, but they did laugh at micks joke.