Published: 2013/08/29

Keller Williams, Dave Schools, John Doe, Jason Crosby and Jay Lane Join Bob Weir at TRI

Last night’s installment of TRI’s Weir Here broadcast saw a variety of musicians join host Bob Weir. The evening began with a brief solo acoustic performance by Weir starting off with “Corrina” before he turned the stage over to John Doe. The longtime member of X then performed some of his own songs and was backed by Weir, Dave Schools, Jason Crosby and Jay Lane for a cover of Bob Dylan’s “She Belongs To Me.” Then after an interview, Keller Williams stepped out and following a brief solo segment, Weir joined in for “Cadillac” (the song they performed together on Williams’ 2007 album Dream) as well as “Dark Hollow.” Finally, Crosby, Schools and Lane returned for “Feel Like A Stranger,” “Eyes of The World” and “Scarlet Begonias.”

Comments

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!! August 29, 2013, 12:53:05

Keller Williams is a major tool who ruins any band he sits in with and is constantly shitting all over great lineups of musicians…. him and michael franti should maybe do a tour together.

Keller August 29, 2013, 13:26:03

Thanks for the truth,i am a tool.

Jesse August 29, 2013, 13:52:54

I dug Keller. Dug the whole thing. That story of Jerry meeting Sinatra which Steve Parish told was incredible.

Keller August 29, 2013, 13:55:23

Thats why I love playing with string cheese. I don’t just shit over them, they shit over me too. We shit all over each other big time. A true shit cheese incident.

ScayJay August 29, 2013, 15:41:35

Best Weir Here yet, amazing Keller with the band!

kyle rhodes August 29, 2013, 16:22:11

I think Keller is awesome. Every time I see him its very enjoyable. Wish he would play Asheville more often

Phlegmdar Telvdac August 29, 2013, 18:24:39

Who cares about this???
Don’t you know Bon Jovi fired Richie Sambora!!!!

Schmedley August 29, 2013, 19:38:12

John Doe is great. Weir not so much.

mb August 29, 2013, 19:45:19

Fun show! It would have been great seeing Weir and John Doe plug in and play some rock and roll but it was still cool.

carolinaphil August 29, 2013, 22:58:43

Keller is awesome with everyone for me, McCoury’s,Cheese,Keels solo ect. To each his own.
Thanks TRI for the viewing in my living room !
carolinaphil

Josh Burch August 30, 2013, 15:42:29

Keller is an Amazing Musician… Hands down my favorite show to see… No Matter who hes shitting on… He shits on them Well… Thanks for an Awesome Set at Barefoot Dub…

rukiddinme August 30, 2013, 16:45:23

I personally couldn’t wait for John Doe to stop hogging the stage and was PSYCHED when Keller finally made it to the couch!!!! great time and great show! thanks Bobbi for TRI and hope Keller comes to visit more often!... he can take a shit in my living room ANY DAY!!!!

rukiddinme August 30, 2013, 16:45:38

Tyson Josiah Roberts August 30, 2013, 17:10:09

Keller is the man. Super excited to see him at Phil and Jills spot tonight. I have liked his material sense the late 90s when he came out at set break for SCI at the fillmore; I was in aww of his raw talent on that 12 string guild.

dog August 30, 2013, 17:38:07

shit cheese!!! sign me up!!!!! loves me some Keller

Kelleristheman August 30, 2013, 17:47:29

I will travel far and wide to let KW shit all over me. I love that he responded to that guy. KW makes any band that he sits in with GREAT!!!! Thanks KW

mb August 30, 2013, 19:58:18

Wow! “John Doe hogging the stage.” Why are so many jamband fans so myopic? John Doe with Bob Weir is a meeting of two seminal forces and people are crying because Keller Williams didn’t play longer? I like Keller Williams but how about some perspective. X and the Dead will be remembered in a hundred years. Keller?

kim lauer August 31, 2013, 00:54:19

Uberhubby & I have a wall of LP’s we display from the 100’s we collected growing up in the 1970’s & beyond. X’s LP Under The Big Black Sun made the cut. Keller is releasing vinyl 11-12-13 & it will have a place on our wall as well. Thanks to Bobby for making us WNC hippies very, very happy!

Nate Clendenen August 31, 2013, 05:25:33

Awesome. As always. Thanks lots. There is nothing better than good music. To the “tellemlikeismellem” guy… You smell like shit. Pick up an instrument and do some good with your life. And wipe your ass. Because you f ing stink.

Josh LIpicky August 31, 2013, 07:34:10

Thought Keller was a great addition to TRI on this go-around. And Keller, if you’re listening, I (and most music lovers) don’t think you shit all over every act you play with. You and the Travelling McCoury’s at All Good was great (front row recording for that one). Keep at it! Not a huge fan of Mr. Franti though.

David Rubin August 31, 2013, 09:11:07

Keller, Your set with the Keels @ Hornings was AMAZING!!! Don’t let the haters get you down. They need to get laid. But, with attitudes like that they’ll never.

michelle EYESoftheWORLD August 31, 2013, 10:18:51

Great job Boys!! Wish coulda been there to see in person.
Keller looking forwardto seeing you in Rochester, NY,..think ya need bring those boys with you

I eat the funk September 1, 2013, 01:55:25

I would like to think I pretty damn knowledgable about music. I listen to an extremely broad range of genres and I am always in search of new music. When I say that Keller Williams potentially may be one of the most talented musicians of my generation I don’t think that’s too far off base. His versatility and creativity are amazing. I only wish he could produce more albums and tour 10 times more. Keep up the good work keller and look forward to seeing you on the SoCal tour this fall.

Ryaninva September 7, 2013, 11:16:17

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!! Is an a$$hole!
Just sayin..,