Published: 2013/08/30

Mission Accomplished for Trey: "Wilson" Chants at Seahawks Game

Back on April 16 at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, WA, Trey Anastasio first expressed a goal regarding Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. At that time he mentioned that he hoped fans would deliver the “Wilson” chant associated with the Phish song whenever the QB would first take the field. Anastasio revisited this idea on July 26 at the Gorge Amphitheatre and it appears it was realized last night. When Wilson stepped out for his first set of downs at CenturyLink Field, Seattle, WA a large portion of the crowd did indeed respond in this manner as the video below suggests (although the announcers failed to pick up on it- perhaps they’re “Tela” fans).

Comments

shinymetalass August 30, 2013, 10:54:22

once again so what.

come on now August 30, 2013, 11:04:50

It’s damn cool that’s what’s so what.

kye August 30, 2013, 11:15:11

Why click read the story just to say “so what” fin troll go back to your garden.

me August 30, 2013, 11:43:24

“once again so what” Well, for starters I would say getting a stadium chant something has got to be way cooler than attaining the goal of posting a a comment like “once again so what” on Jambands… of course, I’m a Phish phan, so maybe I’m the jaded one…

randy floyd August 30, 2013, 13:22:46

haha that’s awesome. hopefully it will catch on and get louder over time. i’m pretty surprised there were so many phish fans there

me August 30, 2013, 15:08:57

@randy… that is what I thought at first, then it dawned on me it’s probably the result of modern day social media… easy way to spread the word!

toddy October 11, 2013, 00:13:36

Treys chant fell flat. it was a preaseason game and you can barely hear it. the place is just too loud to hear the maybe 1000+ Phish fans that may be in attendance at such a large event. haha to you trey fail.

John January 11, 2014, 20:33:39

Yeah, that was a preseason game. Today though, was a playoff game. When Russell Wilson took the field for the first time in the 1st and 3rd quarters, Wilson rang throughout Qwest Field.