Published: 2013/09/17

Phish to Release 12/7/95 Show

Twitter user @Duanebase uncovered an unlisted Phish release scheduled for November 12. The show is the December 7, 1995 stop in Niagara Falls, NY at the Niagara Falls Convention Center. Phish’s ’95 Fall Tour is revered for a few things: The sheer length of the tour (the tour lasted from October through New Year’s Eve) and the “You Enjoy Myself” that appeared during the December 9 show in Albany, NY. This particular show features a first set “Slave,” an early version of “Taste” known at the time as “Taste That Surrounds” and a set-ending “Mike’s Groove” featuring a “Digital Delay Loop Jam.”

Here is the full setlist courtesy of Phish.net and stay tuned for an official announcement from the band in the coming days.

Thursday, 12/07/1995, Niagara Falls Convention Center, Niagara Falls, NY

Set I: The Old Home Place > The Curtain > AC/DC Bag, Demand > Rift, Slave to the Traffic Light, Guyute, Bouncing Around the Room, Possum, Hello My Baby

Set II: Split Open and Melt, Strange Design > Taste That Surrounds, Reba1, Julius, Sleeping Monkey > Sparkle > Mike’s Song -> Weekapaug Groove [2] -> Digital Delay Loop Jam, Amazing Grace

E: Uncle Pen

[1] No whistling
[2] Unfinished

Teases:
“In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” tease in “Split Open and Melt”
“Pop Goes the Weasel” tease in “Reba”

Comments

Luke September 17, 2013, 14:57:35

Wow! My very first Phish show. The Mike’s into Weekapaug is such a “Drum/Trance” Jam.

40acres September 17, 2013, 15:20:44

Luke…My first show as well! Came up through a blizzard from the Southern Tier of Western New York…freezing temperatures…I think the venue is a Casino now. Go Bills Go Phish!!

JohnLockee September 17, 2013, 15:56:00

Digital Delay Loop Jam…That’s code for “A really boring part”

Beaser September 17, 2013, 18:24:12

12.29.94 Digital Delay Loop Jam… go listen to that (and the subsequent Bowie) and then tell me that its a “boring part”

Yay! September 17, 2013, 22:59:26

Thank god for releases from when they were good!! Enter post-hiatus apologists now…

eotw September 18, 2013, 01:33:34

Waiting for Big Cypress still…

paulfrombuffalo September 18, 2013, 11:16:08

My first show also – missed the Old Home Place due to running late and pre-show burning – after the Slave and Possum – both of which I’d never heard before – I was hooked for life. “Who are these guys and how are they so good at fucking with my head?” Venue was knowm to have the worst sound in the Northern Hemishpere – booming cavern of a shit hole – yet Phish sounded amazing. Nice pick!