Published: 2013/09/17

Wanee Festival Announces 2014 Dates

The Spirit of the Suwannee will continue in 2014 as Wanee Music Festival has announced their plans to continue the Live Oak, FL festival next year. The festival that boasted Widespread Panic, Allman Brothers Band, and Gov’t Mule last year will take place on April 10-12 at Spirit of the Suwannee Park in Live Oak, FL.

Ticketing information has not been revealed, but stay glued to the Wanee Facebook and Twitter accounts for more information.

Comments

Blooby September 17, 2013, 13:30:09

Hooray! But will the moonshine tent make its return?

David Robertson October 5, 2013, 16:42:28

You should try to book The James Cotton Blues Band. The man is a legend. It would be a FANTASTIC addition to the line up.

Thomas Carstensen November 12, 2013, 14:19:46

Please consider the chris robinson brotherhood and truth and salvage co…also the band of heathens would be an awesome lineup!!

Billy simpson November 22, 2013, 18:36:26

Be nice if the handicapped camp sites was for the handicapped only.I try to come early every year. But no , They are taken by people that are not in a wheelchair,crutches,cane,braces. Im in a wheelchair and I get stuck in the sand every year. hey its your place you can say who camps in those spots.I would like to come every year . but its hard on my $15,000 wheelchair to get bogged down in that sand.

Joy L. Dixon November 28, 2013, 18:46:43

Amen Billy, those people taking the handicapped spaces who aren’t actually handicapped should be run off and not allowed to return. That is about THE sorriest, most lowdown and disrespectful thing that I can think of anyone doing. You’d think “someone” would be watching out for these idiots at the festival but I guess not. GOD, what is this world coming to. Have respect for the people who are handicapped yall. Wouldn’t you want others to have that same respect for you too. “Think about it”. Best of Luck to you Billy and I will keep you in my prayers. PLEASE PEOPLE, JUST DO THE RIGHT THING. IT’S NOT HARD YA KNOW......

Ralph White December 15, 2013, 20:23:13

get Willie Watson To play…....

Capt. Deep-Track January 10, 2014, 17:26:38

Bring back Honey Island Swamp Band!

nathan t. January 14, 2014, 18:33:54

more panic and A-bros, and all the other excellent artists that can be gathered! thank you!

Butch Trucks March 28, 2014, 15:55:17

Billy and Joy, Thanks for pointing out the handicapped situation. I don’t think anyone in the band or the promotion team was aware of the problem. I promise you we are now and that someone will be making sure that handicapped spaces are used by those that need them.