Published: 2013/09/20

Camp Bisco Promoters Miss Key Deadline

MCP Presents, the promotor that puts on the annual Camp Bisco festival, is facing sanctions from local authorities after failing to comply with requirements for post-event reports.

The Daily Gazette is reporting that the sanctions could mean that the promotor will be barred from holding the event in 2014. While this is bad news for MCP Presents, it’s not necessarily bad for the Indian Lookout Country Club, which has hosted the event in recent years. The site’s owner has said that a similar festival will be happening on his property with or without the promotors.

According to The Daily Gazette, MCP Presents failed to give local officials three reports, including a post-event synopsis, by September 1. As a result, the Planning Board has voted to have the town code enforcement officer investigate whether the promotor was in compliance with the conditions placed on Camp Bisco.

In addition, the local Planning Board also voted to consider recommending the passage of a new ordinance that would be directed at mass gatherings, particularly music festivals. Officials have suggested that the current ordinances don’t adequately address the events.

Board chairwoman Sandra Scott revealed that Camp Bisco was currently not approved for 2014, though she added that this did not mean the event will not be able to happen.

Comments

Ticranium September 20, 2013, 14:57:25

This is very good reporting. I have an idea for a Camp Bisco 2014: Schuylkill Haven Fairgrounds (Pennsylvania). Really nice area for a festival (they do a bunch every year) – and a great stage layout.

MarZaPhiGar September 20, 2013, 15:29:42

Why don’t all you scumbags go somewhere else with your fucking drugs and bullshit? I’ve been to Bisco, so I know what I’m talking about. You assholes are ONLY there to gratify your pathetic urges. Seriously, stay the FUCK out of upstate. You can trash me all you want, but I’m telling the truth. The ONLY thing you care about is drugs. That’s it. So go fuck yourselves. Better yet, KILL yourselves.

Poster Nutbag September 20, 2013, 16:34:10

^ Fuck that guy

Deeze Nuts September 20, 2013, 16:52:45

The 2nd commenter is pretty much spot on! Those peeps are some drugged up mofo’s!

me September 20, 2013, 17:03:16

Personally, I can’t stand DB, and while I want no part of their scene, if they want to camp out for a weekend and ingest drugs why the fuck would anyone care if they aren’t hurting anyone? MarZa comes across as a cynical douchebag… “KILL yourselves” really? You are an amazing asshole…

life'r September 20, 2013, 18:02:29

wow. surprise, surprise: the guys who put on camp bisco failed to submit a report on time. talk about phoning it in. i bet there were some angry calls from “the barber” or whatever today. and “brownies” probably sh*t his already dumpy raver/wook pants. rock on bisco! maybe they can re-apply for a permit as “camp conspirator”. yeah, talk about phoning it in…

MarZaPhiGar September 20, 2013, 19:16:06

I wear your scorn and derision as a badge of honor (btw, my 1st Bisco show was in 1996 @ the Lembo Lake Harvest Fest in NY, so I know from the DBs). These tour kids are absolute pieces of human shit. Tell me ONE redeeming factor about some 15 year old shithead smoking deemsters and eatin piles of ‘fire’ moll. Toothless flatbrims tweakin in the woods for 4 days? Seriously-these fucks truly SHOULD kill themselves. ZERO compassion. None. Fuck them.

Good September 20, 2013, 21:08:54

Seriously after knowing Babs, Brownstain and Consider it Dushe for so long and being around them so much can I ask the biscuits to stop taking money, stop playing 4 shows a year, trying to borrow money from people who have money and check babs and brownstain into the clinic they needed after Santa Cruz and the Ned. Some very low rent unkind guys. Couldnt wish them well if you paid me.
Vince

marz yo September 20, 2013, 21:18:21

Marz Brownstain is about as big a junk bag as there is in the entire scene. He literally looks for rich guys who are fans in each town to pay his way.
Vinve

UPenn September 20, 2013, 23:27:48

Did these guys attend a test special education program at UPenn or are they simply far left edge of the bell curve for the University’s historical norm let alone the general population. I feel like they are a case study in failure in all of life’s aspects. I recall Brownstain bragging he had not rolled in 12 days when I saw him last. Certainly an upstream thinker of our time. He is probably trying to create 2CI lotion to use on the road with his groupies. Lord knows his rectus is burnt from all his boofing over the years.

New Bisco Fan September 21, 2013, 00:11:12

I saw my first show at the Concorde in Chicago. I somehow got a ride from Detroit for a salt trade. That Sam guy is a cool drummer and that fat Matisyahu on bass sounds like he ate nails for lunch, but judging by his pupils and sweat the nails were dipped in prestone! I was trying to figure out why The Concorde smelled like burning rubber all night, but musta been everybody getting down to Tom Hamilton’s licks during Spacebird Dating Mall toasting their soles or souls. Anybody know who to contact to see if these guys will play a sorrority formal at Michigan State or maybe a party at an old Ford Plant? We were looking to get Brett Dennin but we know these guys are cheap while less talented.

T September 21, 2013, 11:03:35

Yeah its not like Trey or Jerry were ever junkies… Im sure Jerry died at the ripe age of 55 from natural causes. Camp Bisco and the fans that follow may by an issue for the Jam scene, but so are close minded people like yourselves.. I am sure all of you are at the sober tents at Furthur and Phish shows telling all the ‘druggie’ kids they should die for what they do to themselves… Maybe instead of telling these kids to die, ignoring them or verbally harassing them in public ya’ll could use your knowledge of the scene to provide some guidance.. Bitching on the peripheries gets nothing accomplished… Just like-minded people agreeing that they hate something.

Uh September 21, 2013, 18:58:12

So you are saying these morons are good guys and run well because of their inability to form sentences. People have always knocked Camo Bisco for deaths and he fact its horribly run like the band. They ask losers they call pretend friends for money when they are short funds for bands at the fest . Sounds like lots of people hating on the organization and the band as people with clear justification. Two of ten posts is about sobriety. I am guessing based on pure guess and obvious psychology you are no more than 18 months out of a Failed attempt at sobriety based on using Jerry dying at 55 as a fat junkie as an excuse for these people and partying. Not judging you but bagging on others for partying who can handle it and rip on crap people you dont do unless you have issues. Sounds like you are defending the indefensible to feel better about where you are at. My 2 c

MyJobIsToSpreadLightNotToMaster September 21, 2013, 21:55:52

Sadly a lot of people just don’t get “it” in terms of music and higher levels of consciousness. the EDM scene in general lacks people that are there for the music. even though most of the music sucks some of it has some positive vibes behind it. It’s not like that is unique to that scene though, plenty of the same stuff goes on on “heady” scenes like furthur, phish, sci, any festival in general anywhere on a given weekend. However in the “land of the free” people should be able to do whatever they want as long as they are not harming anyone else.

dankerator September 23, 2013, 10:24:58

EDM Go check out the pet shop boys. However Particle with charlie was the best edm band besides big gigantic! bisco boring and there fans! oi oivey! Brownstain LOL!!

T September 23, 2013, 10:55:10

Uhhhhhhhhhhh actually 2nd year MA student going into Phd program in the Fall… Haha I’ve never been to or even seen a Clinic but great observations… And yes, I am bagging the older heads who complain about 15-20 yo kids.. We all start somewhere and nobody is free of mistakes.. So hoping that these young bucks die because they are ignorant, stupid, annoying and overall detracting from the scene is absurd to me yeah… Show these kids whats up, they might be dicks but they also may listen.

tpc September 24, 2013, 23:04:08

well here’s the thing. if camp bisco attendees cared about anything other than the drugs they would not be there in the first place.

Reality September 25, 2013, 21:36:04

Im sorry this fest is is so drug orientated, Its all about the the drugs, music is a secound thought. Also I dont think i could make it a weekend hearing that crap. Call me close minded i dont give two shits, the music scene and all that was laid down for us has gone to hell. Call me old at 30 but damn do i miss Jerry, I dont care if 95 was ehhh for a tour but there was soul still at times. I hear no soul in this BS music and scene. The min Camp Creek and the Vibes left ILCC was time to walk away, unless your a biker and want to hit that up, ive had fun at that :-). But this venue is just asking for trouble having camp bisco there. Fact. I am honestly scared to go to ILCC for Camp Bisco, no lie, after what i saw a few years ago damn it was not cool. What ever you guys want to say well thats nice but its time to bring the jambands back to ILCC and try to control the excess the crowd ingests. Last and only post cause if ya dont get it ya never will. Peace

Lucas Fitz September 26, 2013, 03:34:48

This last Camp Bisco was very well run with very good acts and very good people amongst the crowd. All of you bashing the scene have never immersed yourself in it so what gives you the right to such an objectivist view? Personally being in a crowd of 25k who are all moving with you for the same reason is close to spiritual and was honestly the best time of my life. Lots of love and peace at music festivals, of course some spunion will drop out of the crowd on salts or ketamine but hey its their choice, they would do it even if they weren’t at Bisco. Many of you are hateful and ignorant and maybe you need some crazy mind stimulant to realize to be content with others having a good time in the way they please. Btw without (some) drugs you wouldn’t have many of the mathematics and physical discoveries in this world and we surely wouldn’t have any music in our iTunes. Oh and again I’m an honor student at a large University not some toothless deemstered 15 year old. You have issues if you want a bunch of people listening to music for 4 days dead. Try some lsd in your coffee and see how angry you still are at the world.

Otto September 26, 2013, 12:35:42

Yeah, I say don’t allow Bisco back next year. It’s time for something new. Bring the gathering to NY state!

Spike A Mind September 28, 2013, 13:51:15

Why all the hate people?

cynicol October 1, 2013, 13:49:02

Keep gathering at seaside park. Those bikers at Indian lookout suck!!!

dan October 7, 2013, 14:54:13

@Lucas. You got the right idea dude. We need more people like you. I went this year for the first time and I had the time of my damn life. Its was well run and fairly organized, though I’m sure everyone had their own experience at Camp. To all the people just “hate’n” here, we don’t need your shit vibes. Maby its time you just keep your grumpy asses home next year. Nothing but love for Camp Bisco

justin November 12, 2013, 08:26:53

all of you are over thinking the concept, like everyone else. People do drugs everywhere at pretty much every concert. drugs are a part of society. get over it. people live then die just ride the fuckin wave

Mc_Wawa November 24, 2013, 14:14:32

Not a single mention of P.L.U.R? Really if any of you knew much about rave culture and Edm, you would know there is more depth then just “drug use”. Simple fact is all people who hate on a culture that isn’t their own are ignorant and are worse then any drug addicts attending festivals to escape from criticism or everyday society. What ever happened to people living their life the way they want to? All you “haters” should simply keep your arrogant mouths shut and stop talking shit to/about people you don’t know.

Dru Lies November 26, 2013, 13:07:41

I went to camp bisco this year and it was the first festival I had ever been to. It was honestly the most amazing time of my life. Yes there were plenty of drugs there but there was so much love from the bands and the people there. More than I’ve ever felt in my life. I look at some of these posts and it upsets me a bit to see so many people hate on a very important time in my life. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I feel like experience is more important than opinion.

Mc_Wawa November 27, 2013, 17:57:19

Dru CB 2013 was my first year too! shit was live and awesome! lets hope they have a Bisco in 2014!

EverybodyCalmDown December 7, 2013, 20:47:10

Guys…. Does anyone here read the things they’re writing? Its a legitimately nauseating amount of judgement and bitterness. If you don’t like what others are doing, either offer some love and good directions or step off and let them figure things out for themselves. If it happens to spill over in to your personal space then that line is crossed, but otherwise… Everybody. Calm. Down! Don’t forget to take a deep breath and be happy every so often. It feels kinda nice.

Wheresthelove January 13, 2014, 10:59:50

I am appalled. I went to this festival and it was the single most important experience of my life. And it was not all about the drugs, the musical experience was life hanging and the people there made it a much better expereinces. I agree that ravers can get out if hand, but it is a select few. Don’t let the actions of few destroy a great experience.

big dick lover :p January 24, 2014, 01:18:48

i love drugss thier great, hope camp bisco happens this year, and your all welcome to disagree , but im sure as hell gonna do my thing

Kmoney January 28, 2014, 10:30:32

If Bisco can’t happen. Just please give us a big tent on the grounds and a decent line up! It’s about the music to most of us..drugs are going to go on n life with or without Bisco. A festival isn’t the issue it’s some individuals! Bisco is family!!

HeadEBisco42 February 9, 2014, 02:10:14

Camp Bisco = 6 Disco Biscuits Set Fuck all the negativity.
Especially y’all up top on here talkin shit, tDB is the only reason I go to camp. Fuck bAssnectar. Fuck everyone up top. Hope I can continue to rage freely @ ILCC
The Hells Angels are wayy better than cops.
For all I care, take the EDM acts send em all
To Counterpoint; Bring in Lotus, Werks, Umph.. Back to Soaring Segues and Peaking Movements.