Published: 2013/10/03

Coming This February: One Way Out: The Inside Story of the Allman Brothers

Journalist Alan Paul will release One Way Out: The Inside Story of the Allman Brothers on February 18. The book chronicles the band’s journey from it’s formation in 1969 to today, offering exclusice musical insights, tales of violence and betrayal, drug and alcohol use, murder allegations, tragic early deaths, outrageous road stories and more, as told by the band members themselves.

One Way Out is written in an oral history format with the band’s full participation. The book is based on exclusive interviews with over 60 people—including all of the surviving members of the band.

In addition, One Way Out features never-before-seen photos, letters and memorabilia, as well as a foreword and afterword by Butch Trucks and Jaimoe.

Comments

Scott October 3, 2013, 18:39:54

Watch out for RUGS AND ALCOHOL!!!

aaron October 3, 2013, 19:48:17

the book greg allman put out a year or so ago was fantastic. i’d love to see what the other folks have to say about the events that shaped the band.

Daniel the dingo boy Morris October 3, 2013, 20:36:57

Rug use…
I’m shocked…
but, it really tied the room together

dude October 3, 2013, 22:28:26

there’s alot of ins and outs, Maude.

Alan Paul October 3, 2013, 22:42:25

Thanks… Can order here to get on day of release: http://amzn.to/15vlKUA Or more info here:

Cary Miller October 4, 2013, 00:36:39

Probably “incisive music insights.” But I can’t wait!

MarZaPhiGar October 4, 2013, 04:47:29

Probably ‘violence AND betrayal’, and unless the author has some paranormal abilities, the only interviews that could be conducted would indeed be with the ‘surviving members.’ I know- nitpicky perhaps on the second point, but (and this applies to ALL modern ‘journalism’: accuracy has sadly become a lost art.

dk70 October 4, 2013, 08:58:25

I live in a Rug Free School Zone. Anyone caught with a rug does an automatic 18 months.

Daniel the dingo boy Morris October 4, 2013, 09:04:41

STOP the war on rugs!

burning_beard October 4, 2013, 10:04:38

dk70 i live in a school free rug zone and love it.

Bill Harriman October 4, 2013, 11:10:36

I agree with you Aaron. Gregg’s book was outstanding. It actually left me wanting more and I’m already looking forward to reading Alan Paul’s book.

jambandguy October 4, 2013, 11:44:40

STOP IT!! Yes, accuracy is important and a lost art. Especially in texting! But…it never amazes me that on a jam band website dispensing info of such that there are so many freakin’ English teachers on here! We don’t care!!! Does it make you feel smart or important if you can point out a spelling, grammar or punctuation error in a story on a website about a concert or news about a band by someone who…I dunno, do they even get paid??? YES! There are a couple words above with red lines under them…but I think you get the point!

jambandguy October 4, 2013, 11:50:46

BTW cant w8 4 da book!

Alan Paul October 4, 2013, 12:15:23

@MarZaPhiGar – Actually not true that I could only talk to surviving band members. I interviewed Allen Woody, Red Dog, Tom Dowd, Phil Walden and several other now-deceased people who appear in the book. I did not interview Duane or Berry Oakley. Thus the qualifier. I am not responsible for other typos and such, but that line came right out of the press release…

Pm October 4, 2013, 12:37:25

Gregg Allmans book was a disappointment, either he was holding back , he don’t remember or there was just nothing there, look forward to a comprehensive view

Mr Random October 4, 2013, 12:44:43

@jambandguy_ agreed but its Friday and I think everyone is just having a little fun. Let’s all enjoy the weekend.

nihilist#2 October 4, 2013, 19:20:56

@jambandguy_you may want a comma between ‘dispensing and ‘website’ while keeping an eye on your run on sentences… I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it’s an ethos.

kip October 5, 2013, 09:37:13

when rugs are outlawed, only outlaws will have rugs.