Published: 2013/10/14

Brendan Bayliss & Jake Cinninger To Play Annual Acoustic Holiday Show

Umphrey’s McGee guitarists Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger will hold their annual Acoustic Holiday Show on December 7 at Chicago’s Park West. The 11th annual Acoustic Christmas event will benefit The People’s Music School, an organization that aims to give children in the Chicago area quality and affordable music education. In addition to the show, UM fans will once again have access to the UM Holiday Garage Sale, featuring archived merchandise including tour shirts, posters, and other collectibles.

Last year’s event featured a sit-in from Umphrey’s McGee keyboardist Joel Cummins as well as Mike Racky on steel guitar. The duo mixed in covers of Radiohead’s “Karma Police” (which Brendan played solo on a piano), Stevie Ray Vaughan’s “Life by the Drop” and even a snippet of “Goodbye Blue Sky” during the UM original “August.”

Tickets are on sale October 18 at 1 P.M. via Etix.

Fade Runner featuring Wyllys and Marcus Rezak of Digital Tape Machine will also play a late-night show at Chicago’s Tonic Room after Brendan and Jake’s Acoustic Show.

Comments

Jimmy October 14, 2013, 17:57:15

Shouldn’t the title read “Brendan Bayliss & Jake Cinninger ANNOUNCE Annual Acoustic Holiday Show” if it’s annual? Sorry if this seems picky, but why is the journalism quality of this site so low sometimes?

Ringorectaurus October 14, 2013, 23:04:25

Wow there will be a buzz in the air that night at the Park West. I like how they are downsizing venues on tour and for this show from the Vic in some years past. I had a really special experience a few years ago at their show. Personally the bald eagle (that’s what I call him) Krissy is who gets me off so the Brendan and Jake show can be boring. My life changed in the men’s room where I saw Krissy and ended up meeting my eventual husband once our state voted to legalize all types of marriage. I hope there are people making some social statements at this show since it is around the holidays just about how freedom of being out of the closet as I know can liberate anyone in the dark. Certainly UM has what we need for this open armed welcome they give our community. I will buy the first round of drinks up on North Halsted for pregame fellas.

Hey Jimmy October 14, 2013, 23:06:32

No it should read, “Jimmy is way to serious about a garage band and the grammar on a jamband website. Perhaps he should locate the bands manager and a bacon burger stand to discuss the grammar errors if he is not trying to bang Monder Yountain for cash.”

yeah baby October 15, 2013, 02:13:29

The sexiest men in jam get intimate for us thirsty unworthy subjects. Be nice to us you hulking animals we will be good to you for Christmas. Last time was a salt palace no protection throwdown.

T October 15, 2013, 09:29:24

Gay jokes are getting old. All you kids posting them need a life and jambands needs to take the comments down, this is ridiculous. Gaybashing was maybe funny a couple decades ago but f’n grow up. If you don’t like Umph don’t go, simple as that, you don’t have to offend an entire community of people in order to express your dislike for the band. I hope all your children wind up members of the LGBTQ community and are raving umphreys fans to shove it in your fucking prejudice faces.

ScottytheSalamander October 15, 2013, 10:50:26

Excuse me T. I’m a pround LGBT fan of UM and the whole Jam community. So is my boyfriend Issac. I have met some awesome people in the community off this site and at UM shows. It is really weird you would assume everyone is being a bigot. It is kind of insulting to me as a gay man and a phan. You could have met us at Summer Skool or Summerfest, but now you will have to wait until Menver. We have a bus coming out there, and no we aren’t bigots or children, we just love the shredding jerking tension in the guitars of jake and Brendan. You sound like the one who has problems with MY community.