Current Issue Details

Buy Current Issue

News

Published: 2013/10/29

Roger Daltrey Says The Who Will Not Call It Quits After 2015 Tour

Roger Daltrey had some things to say about Pete Townshend’s claim that The Who will be retiring after their 2015 tour. The singer clarified his friend’s statement, telling Billboard:

“I think you have to clarify what he said, and what we man is we cannot keep going on doing these month-after-month, long, extended tours…It’s extremely hard, hard work, just the grind of it. So we have to be realistic. The band got better reviews on our last tour (the 2012-13 Quadrophenia & More trek) than we had for years. It was incredibly enjoyable. It was incredibly exhausting, and we have to be realistic about our age. But it’s not going to be the last thing The Who will do. We’re going to be doing events. We’re going to be doing shows. We might do other things, more experimental. We might decide to do something in a theater, some small production where we sit down for two or three weeks in one town; that could be managed ‘cause we’re not schlepping our bodies from city to city. The joy of the stage is wonderful, but the traveling every day is exhausting.”

As previously reported, Townshend caused a bit of a stir last week when he told some reporters that The Who would be calling it quits after they wrap up their 50th anniversary tour in 2015.

Comments

There is 1 comment associated with this post

dc October 29, 2013, 19:05:09

vintage contrasting takes here…read Pete’s and he doesn’t say it’ll be over and for once Roger clarifies…sort of…Long Live The Who!..The Who Are Dead!

Note: It may take a moment for your post to appear

(required) (required, not public)