Published: 2013/11/09

Widespread Panic Added to Christmas Jam, Joined By Karl Denson

Widespread Panic have been added to the lineup for Warren Haynes’ 25th annual Christmas Jam. The band will perform at the US Cellular Center in Asheville, NC on December 13, the first day of the two-day event. They join a lineup that already includes Gov’t Mule, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Michael Franti, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Phil Lesh Quintet, John Scofield, OAR, Keb Moe and John Scofield with Gov’t Mule (Sco-Mule), as well as a number of special guests.

Interestingly, Widespread Panic kicked off a a two-night run at the same venue last night. The show featured a guest appearance by Karl Denson, who contributed his sax to a rare cover of Professor Longhair’s “Stag-O-Lee” and a rendition of War’s “Slippin’ Into Darkness.” The show also featured versions of Sonny Boy Williamson’s “Good Morning, Little School Girl” and Dr. John’s “I Walk on Gilded Splinters.”

Widespread Panic will return to the US Cellular Center tonight for the final show of their two night run.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via our Box Scores page

Set I: Ain’t Life Grand, Rebirtha > Walkin’ (For Your Love), Tickle The Truth, Good Morning Little School Girl > One Arm Steve > Saint Ex, Space Wrangler > Chunk Of Coal

Set II: Little Kin, Sometimes, Time Waits, Stag-O-Lee*, Slippin’ Into Darkness^, Machine > Barstools and Dreamers, I Walk On Guilded Splinters, Bust It Big > Conrad

Enc: Dream Song, The Take Out > Porch Song

Notes: *with Karl Denson, last time played 10/29/11
(^)with Karl Denson

Comments

makersandh2o November 10, 2013, 01:36:20

oh now this is jizznasty

makersandh2o November 10, 2013, 01:40:49

and i just want to give a shout out to Zach Deputy. The KDTU post panic show Friday was incredible and Zach did an amazing job singing. for the rest of you in the area of these remaining dates of the Ray Charles Boogaloo Dance Party, F

makersandh2o November 10, 2013, 01:42:26

-UCKING GO!!!

KB November 10, 2013, 16:46:39

I went to the Panic shows this weekend in Asheville and I have to say, that’s the worst indoor venue I’ve ever been to. I’ve been in there a handful to times for Christmas Jams and other panic shows but I forgot what a joke of a dump it is. The house music leaving said it all. They played Samson and Delilah and everyone sang the chorus, “If I had my way, I would tear this old building down.” I’ll never go back…

Samson and Delilah November 11, 2013, 05:29:44

Please don’t come back. AVL and the bands that love this town will be just fine without you.

Josh November 11, 2013, 07:09:32

Yeah don’t come back if you are that upset over the venue. This is my home town and I have seen a lot of magical moments happen in that arena. No it’s certainly not the best indoor venue but it definitely is one of the most special places to see a show. The Christmas Jam this year is going to be something else!