Published: 2013/11/10

Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon Share Studio Updates via Instagram

Trey Anastasio shared this picture on Sunday via his Instagram account. Having not published a photo in nearly five months, Trey broke his Instagram silence with an update from the studio in Vermont where Phish is currently recording its latest studio album, Wingsuit. Producer Bob Ezrin is also featured in Trey’s post where the guitarist can be seen working on some vocal tracks.

Bassist Mike Gordon also utilized the photo sharing platform to alert the masses that Phish is indeed in the studio. Gordon is quite popular on Instagram and Twitter, using both social media outlets far more than any other member of Phish.

Fans should expect both Phish members to lead the social media charge throughout the recording process. And as the band spends more time in the studio, look for more photos and videos to come out via Instagram as time progresses.

Comments

Doug Donandred November 11, 2013, 01:29:52

Vermont or Nashville????

LoriSkyJambandsOffline November 11, 2013, 10:30:13

Vermont or Nashville? Where is the studio and where is Bob Ezrin?
What is the dealio????????

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!!!! November 11, 2013, 11:27:49

Best band ever!!!!! other than “amidst the peals of laughter,” this album is going to be a strong one….. really hope they shake that song off though…. phish isn’t 2live Crew and doesn’t need to be singing nursery rhymesl….. nonetheless, halloween was magical and was so stoked to be a part of it!!!!!! Cant wait to see whats in store for us in the future!!!!!

Wingsuit November 11, 2013, 11:30:14

Those songs from 10/31 were a gag on that version of Wingsuit right? We should expect totally new tunes that weren’t written as a joke that flopped on an album named Wingsuit they are working on now I believe. 2013 has been a terrible year for the band as they go back to the sloppiness that encapsulated 2003 like in the second set of Hartford I was front row from. The band kept making mistakes in that second set it was like Chapelle show funny. A few good jams this year and the worst Halloween of all time by a country mile. Only fans that don’t know any better and do not listen to the actual band think 2013 and Halloween were a success. 09-11 are great so is Dicks 12, but there are no runs you have to archive for your collection from 2013. Any two and three night runs like Hamptons of old or Dicks 2012 that will be heard in 5 years. Exactly zero in 2013. Phish is my favorite band so I pull for Trey to practice and stop writing of any lyrics.

MikeonStandupBass November 11, 2013, 11:35:22

Yeah brah only one song was bad that night at AC ahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahh. Are you a
Winterqueen in the Snow? I mean Wombat is clearly the new Fluffhead and 555 and Fuego are the new Bowie and Yem, but seriously man. I paid money to travel there. I did notice 10/31/13 that about 20 percent of the crowd was not laughing AT the band. Do you think Two Versions of Me, Windy City or Secret Smile make the cut? They may actually be the hits on that Album.

Tom November 11, 2013, 13:23:55

Considering Two Versions of Me and Secret Smile are on Undermind, I doubt they will make the cut. Pro Tip: You may want to pick songs you don’t like that are not already on an album. It will make your joke work better. Remember that next time you attempt to lay a zinger on everyon.

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!!!! November 11, 2013, 13:44:40

Haters gonna hate, but Phish isn’t a cover band…. they are a well oiled machine…. you want covers, go see Pill Lush and Fiends…. he’s written only a couple songs in the 18 years since the actual grateful dead were around and is plowing through stones albums and gd tunes as we speak…. I shelled out big bucks to hit AC too and it was worth every penny…... 2013 hasn’t been a wash whatsoever…... been seeing this band since 1996 and don’t intend to stop seeing them anytime soon…. Its simply magic what goes on at a phish show …. even on an off night they are still the best out there…. people that are gonna bitch about everything these geniuses do, need to get off the bandwagon and go back to their shitty 9-5ers and hate life over there….... bunch of fucking spoiled brats…. call me a goddamned winterqueen….. I’m just stoked these guys are writing new music so Im hopefully not gonna be yawning through all the repeats I hear every summer…. that isn’t the band’s fault at all, either… Its mine for going to too many phish shows….....

yeah yeah November 11, 2013, 14:20:56

Whoever said isn’t the Dead is crazy. Phish 94 to 99 is the Dead 72 to 77. Then we have Trey Band & JGB, the problems of the 2000’s and the 1980’s, and now, finally Phish is where the Dead were in about 1989.

Jed Hamrick November 11, 2013, 14:36:16

Obviously the guy who said Phish is terrible in 2013 is an Idiot. He’s just starting trouble. I’m in! Dude if you think 2013 sucked then you are a fucking idiot! Stop hating on bands.

esteban November 11, 2013, 14:52:14

this is Castle studios in nashville, where they recorded Rift. not vermont. RELIX!!!!! :@

Phishy Smell November 11, 2013, 15:03:44

I agree with the Wingsuit poster. Phish’s last two albums are horrible. Phish doesn’t throw down anymore and if you think they do then you’re the simpleton. They have moved on from that type of existence which is fine. I’ll choose not to participate. OCCASIONALLY, they throw down something worthy but not like they used to. I also agree that Trey should just give op on lyrics. Period.

greenbud November 11, 2013, 15:07:45

I think 2013 was fine – big portion of the summer i.e. the first half was, at least to me, boring. the similarity that I see with phish 2.0 and now is trey’s guitar. not his playing but his ACTUAL guitar. doesn’t anyone else notice the difference? it sounds so pedaled up and lacks the sweetness and softness. to me it’s like drinking diet coke over classic – there’s a metallic taste and it really doesn’t taste as good even though it still tastes ….good. Now comes wingsuit, which granted, I only listened to once – but that was all i needed. I’m sorry, to me there isn’t a gem in the entire bunch and I loved Joy front to back so i’m not one of those bring back lawn boy types. whatever – I’m at 95 and catching all four NYE’s and will love (hopefully) every moment b/c they are still the best.

>> November 11, 2013, 15:42:26

Wow no need to compare TAB and JGB geez… JGB was actually completely awesome, if anything Jerry seemed to put a bit more into JGB than the Dead at some points. As opposed to TAB which is well… not that great really.

Jimbo November 11, 2013, 16:15:53

I get the comparing tab to jgb thing. Not similar music at all, but extremely similar concept .. And the commenter at 11:30 is an idiot. Zero good moments in 2013 ? You make me laugh. Fall tour had countless gems

Jimbo November 11, 2013, 16:15:54

THOR November 11, 2013, 16:17:19

Please “WingSuit Poster,” please stop buying tickets to the shows, especially ones that are high in-demand like Holloween, and please keep posting stuff like “2013 was a terrible year.” Hopefully, you’ll be able to convince people so that there will be more tickets to purchase for folks who aren’t stuck in the past. It’s isn’t ’95 anymore, but it certainly isn’t ’03, or even ’09 for that matter. They are playing better than they have in more than a decade. Do you remember how the crowd reacted in ’93 (I think that was it) when they debuted this weird new song called Reba. People booed! Not saying anything on Wingsuit is as good as Reba, but songs like Fuego and 555 and even Wombat are good enough to use as great jam vehicles from time to time. Just give it time, and while you’re doing that, please don’t buy tickets.

Luke November 11, 2013, 16:35:36

Psyched the band is in the studio and psyched to see pictures. Hope the band is happy and having fun. Peace.

marty dibergi November 14, 2013, 08:54:05

“Wingsuit” which received only a two word review:....shit suit.”

stephanie November 16, 2013, 02:19:33

You just don’t understand “amidst the peals of laughter”...It is a beautifully crafted song. Some day you might understand and appreciate it. Until then, cheers!

kye November 16, 2013, 14:53:37

here is a comp of great jams of 2013 atleast one from every show. played it for a friend told him it was 97 and he shat himself bc he too hated on13 then i spoiled his day and told him this was all 2013 amazing how he hit every show in the “bad; summer and “bad: fall lol sound cloud search McGrupp’s Phish Fall 2013 Mix
best mix since phish destroys america fall 97. oh and incase you didnt get it the rumor of eat a peach was a joke to haters like go eat a peach or go F yourself and that is confirmed from my cousins uncle’s sisters niece who is friends with treys daughter lol

poop November 19, 2013, 09:57:00

The earliest Reba I have heard is from 10/1/89. 2013 is the best phish in 10 years IN MY OPINION. Personally if you think this is not the best phish since 09 then you are clearly still post show glowing from the 90s

diarrhea November 19, 2013, 18:15:00

Phish 3.0 peaked in 2011. It’s only going to continue to get worse from here…

Troll's Dad November 21, 2013, 18:00:33

Obvious Troll! Get yer arse inside and stop that nonsense!