Published: 2013/11/15

MGMT To Open Taper Section For Select Shows

MGMT will experiment with a fan taping section during their November 18 show in Minneapolis, the November 19 show in Chicago and the tour closer, December 13 in Brooklyn at Barclays Center. Prospective tapers can register at taping@whoismgmt.com with your full name and the show you are interested in taping. Additionally, tapers will need to purchase a concert ticket to gain admission to the show.

Taping section capacities will be limited and registration won’t guarantee space in the section which will be first come, first serve. Taping is also limited to audio-only and all recordings must be used for personal use or trading only.

MGMT will play in Des Moines, IA on Sunday.

Comments

What November 15, 2013, 21:16:17

Do these guys even play instruments. I know folks like computer generated music, and I am not bagging on it. But, why in the world would anyone want to record this? It does not make sense. You are recording a recording.

kalie November 15, 2013, 23:45:45

Got a chance to see MGMT live recently and they were great! My favorite song of the night was “Alien Days”, I’ve been hooked on it since they came out with the music video

AK November 16, 2013, 01:11:39

Fuck yeah these kids play instruments What.They’ve grown a lot if you haven’t seen them in 7 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMLE11EYXcs

CTDave November 16, 2013, 08:50:28

About time! I’ve recorded these guys 3 times since 2006 and they were all fantastic shows. I’ve emailed to get in to record the Brooklyn gig :)

Woody November 16, 2013, 13:09:27

I’ve seen these guys live once, been an avid listener since the beginning, and let me tell you… This is one of the best live shows you will ever see in your life. Period. Amazing in all aspects… Visually, audibly, emotionally… So good

Rachel Siteman November 17, 2013, 02:16:22

Ahhhh I got tickets to this show! I’d love to tape it! I have no idea what to expect, especially after the release of the “Alien Days” vid http://smarturl.it/AlienDays this will be one wild performance lol