Published: 2013/11/16

Kyle Hollingsworth Reveals More Information on Forthcoming String Cheese Incident Album

The String Cheese Incident will release a new album in 2014, the band’s first since 2005’s One Step Closer. SCI keyboardist Kyle Hollingsworth joined Endless Boundaries on Pemberton, NJ’s Z889 to discuss his new project, Incidental Animals, which features members of ALO, String Cheese and Trey Anastasio Band, as well as to drop some hints about SCI’s new record.

On the album, Hollingsworth said the band is shooting for a Spring 2014 release. As far as sound, the keyboardist said the album will be “closer to what String Cheese fans would expect from us, containing World Beat, Funk, Bluegrass. Closer to (2001’s) Outside Inside.“ The album will be made up of new material as well as a few “familiar tracks.” Hollingsworth also mentioned that the new album will be supported by a full tour throughout 2014, although SCI only has one run of shows scheduled thus far—their destination event, International Incident.

Incidental Animals is Hollingsworth, Dan Lebowitz (ALO), Steve Adams (ALO), Dave Brogan (ALO) and Jennifer Hartswick (Trey Anastasio Band). Their tour will kick off November 20 at The Note in West Chester, PA. The group will also play on November 21 at Brooklyn Bowl with Natalie Cressman and November 22 at Baltimore’s Soundstage.

Comments

horribleband November 17, 2013, 08:38:40

As far as sound, the keyboardist said the album will be “closer to what String Cheese fans would expect from us, containing World Beat, Funk, Bluegrass…..in other words another huge pile of crap from this complete joke of a band.

Tool shed November 17, 2013, 10:26:28

I used to like string cheese, but now I’m strictly vegan Ps on step closer was the worst album I ever heard. These losers are broke and just looking for a cash grab

enotsen November 17, 2013, 11:32:54

I used to love this band, like really love them. Saw every 2010 show, was doing 2011 winter tour and as soon as the laptops showed up, that was pretty much it for me. This was supposed to be the heady bluegrass community vibin’ redeemers of all that was good and heady in the community….now it’s just cheap and electronickly like so much else :(

Mateo November 17, 2013, 11:39:09

The three of you just need to find something worthwhile to do with your time. Laptops were around before 2010…SCI was never “supposed to be” anything other than a band that does what they want not what some whiny non-fans want. If you don’t like them then don’t waste your time complaining about them! I don’t like Katy Perry but I’m not out there dogging her on every news story that comes out!

?? November 17, 2013, 12:16:03

No this band sucks and their full tour threatens potential headlining and late night slots at major festivals. They already pretty much completely ruined Rothbury.

Okie doke November 17, 2013, 13:12:53

Sounds to me like a bunch of Phish fans on here returning the hate they received for the perceived Halloween rip-off. The new SCI tunes like ‘Rosie’ ‘Bollymunster’, ‘Colliding’ & ‘Colorado Bluebird Sky’ sounded a lot better than what I heard of ‘Wingsuit’. Now that may be because they are, or because the ‘Wingsuit’ tunes really need to be worked out on the road a ton more. On a different note, hey Jambands is ‘All Goo’ done at ‘Legend Valley’, formerly ‘Buckeye Lake’ in central Ohio,, and returning to West by Hillbilly Redneck Virginia? Or did they apply for the permit solely to position themselves to increase their $ take when negotiating next year’s festival? This would be more of an informative story than much of what’s actually headlined on here.

rivertrance420 November 17, 2013, 14:08:43

Womp your mother with a ball bat!

Noodles November 17, 2013, 17:26:38

Oh u haters always come out to slice up cheese. OK, my first show was 8 bucks at a bar in st.louis in 90whatever, last ‘real SCI’ show was rocks in 2007. Sure, caught a show or two since but it’s obviously not the cheese us originals once loved and would support. Alas / Yes, it was ‘over’ long before even then. The one step closer cd is actually great music to listen as you cook, jog, change a diaper, grow armpit hair. I remember talking to a manager by the bus about that disc outside the Tower when it launched and they knew it was controversy back then. Look, we all move on. Ps. They are far from broke, don’t assume u know anything about the real industry- many biz deals and innovations within keep it flowing. If only they would lower the OTR disc prices. That ticks us old farts off cause it’s had for free and they still try to charge 21 bucks when you want a real quality mix. So, Look into it before hating, SCI has made a lot of positive life changes for a lot of other bands and even influenced music biz laws, funded plenty musicians and allowed lots of new music to blossom. The EDM stuff to Keller. Give them some credit. I hope they headline support a few big festivals – the trance doesn’t start till 2 anyway. As to an album, maybe it sounds good or maybe not. Why care if u don’t like them anyhow ? Oh, cheese.

rusty November 17, 2013, 19:34:46

agree 100% with noodles and if it ain’t your slice of cheese quit fuckin smelling it!

yes November 17, 2013, 23:36:23

I have seen 175 Phish shows never have I been so let down as this year and more impressed with SCI. Listen to the Raw energy of their Halloween run then Phishs. It sucks my favorite band of 20 years is so sloppy and epically coming up with bad new ideas, but SCI is rejuvinated and on fire. Sorry guys if u hate them, it has more to do with the dirty mother you came from than the cheese.

SCI Headlining November 17, 2013, 23:45:34

Get used to it guys. They had headlining slots at big fests this summer with their new non Wingsuit album assures they will Headline a night at Bonnaroo and Rothbury is the best fest around as Electric Forrest, but that guy liked the year with Warren lead Dead, where SCI co headlined. Tough to ruin a festival you initially headlined, but hey there is always camp bisco or or half sold out Umphreys show if hour wingsuit doesn’t fit. SCI will continue to have 20-25k at Rothbury as their music continuously evolves. Go to big fests they will get a prime slot at most! Go back to your car during their set and try to convince yourself your lady isnt a sleezy pig if you dont like them.

The Doy Buh November 18, 2013, 00:29:31

Brarw, my poopy jamband > your poopy jamband!

Sci 2014 November 18, 2013, 00:32:59

Halloween at Suwannee were far and away the best SCI shows I have ever seen. I haven’t had a good SCI show since 4/20/02 and this was so far above that. The band has grown and all those dudes can play the shit out of their instruments and have solid writing for the most part. Signed Self Professed Lactose Intolerant

Charles Brown November 18, 2013, 06:20:31

As a veteran of 250 Dead shows and countless JGB (with Jerry) shows….this band is the worst band that I have ever seen. Please….I have seen The WHO the Stones, the Kinks….name a fucking band….and this band was the worst concert that I have ever seen. Talk about SHIT....what everyone expects is a homogenized piece of shit that is unlistenable to a fan of MUSIC. Please, SCI, retire. You got lucky….best to hang it up now before you are playing state fairs.

Charles Brown November 18, 2013, 06:26:11

And as far as comparing them to Phish, they couldnt shlep phish’s gear. There is not one musician in that band that is qualified to be a tech for Phish…please. They arent even good musicians. It is just one giant melting pot of the worst elements of music. Giving jambands a bad name since the early 90’s.

adamwn November 18, 2013, 13:43:28

I like SCI and I like Phish. Is that okay? I also like a lot of other bands. I am constantly amazed at often people talk s*it about band they hate on this website. One of the reasons I was drawn to this scene is the camaraderie among fans that is so obviously lacking in this comment section, as well as numerous others. Listen to a band or don’t listen to a band, but I honestly don’t understand the appeal of bashing these musicians who are seizing the opportunity to do something that they love.

VEGANTHESEDAYS November 18, 2013, 13:56:34

USE TO BE HUGE CHEESE (OVER 200 SHOWS;I KNOW;HELLA SHAMEFUL) FAN UNTIL KANG AND EOTO SLOWLY RUINED THE BAND PAST THE POINT OF LISTENABILITY..... WENT TO HARDLY STRICTLY AND ONLY KNEW 2 SONGS THEY PLAYED OTHER THAN NIAVE TALKING HEADS">MELODY AND ONE OF THOSE SONGS WAS “SIRENS” THAT COMPLETELY SUCKS TO BEGIN WITH.... ADD A SUPER QUEER FAKE WHITE RASTA RAP TO IT BY NONE OTHER THAN THE 6TH BASTARD MEMBER OF STRING CHEESE AND IT GETS EVEN QUEERER...... EXCITED TO SEE KYLE HOLLINGSWORTH DITCH THIS HAS BEEN BAND AND CRUSH SOME NEW COOL SHIT OUT.... NOONE CAN DENY THAT HIM AND NERSHI ARE THE STRONGHOLDS IN STRING CHEESE..... GET FUCKED, BURNING MAN CARNIVAL FOLK LOSERS.... I TELL IT HOW IT IS…......

Noodles November 18, 2013, 14:22:35

Charles, You may be right, you may be wrong, but all I know …. Billy Joel in his youthful prime or the Stones et al can be called better ‘QUALITY’ music. Stones tix at 800-1200 bucks? It’s only a money machine few can attend. They are not after the ‘Jam kids’ looking for their own fun filled times, I think you do understand that. Phish, bless those bald men with new hair plugs (minus one) are getting pricey too. Recall the sobered up sing a long tours a few years back? Horrid. A bunch of drunk men and for lucky ones their gals screaming ‘Wilson, babysit for me, please, end before 11:45, please. dance on MY lawn, baby’ as the band just squinted, false smiles all around knowing lights blinded them from truth. Cha -Ching is the truth… Luckily, as a phan I think the more recent Phish tours have been great fun, music, finally. Love the couch tour though .. Charles: Please buy stock in the right few companies, for the industry has changed, only a few have it nailed down right; NOW is the time ! Peace, from a younger touch gen head to an older getting grumpy but never in the way head. SCI, looking forward, don’t go if you don’t slice, its not nice.

Noodles November 18, 2013, 14:22:36

Surlybuf November 18, 2013, 23:46:06

Charles, you’ve watched the dead noodle for over 500 hours and cheese is the worst you’ve seen? Take another sheet of acid and ease into your golden years.

Stephen November 19, 2013, 13:51:27

Forget the haters.. Cheese is killing it right now. I don’t understand the competitive attitude of phish and dead fans. Live and let live.

Charles Brown November 20, 2013, 17:57:56

I will eat some more acid, yes please. SCI is the worst band that I have ever seen. Ever. And MOE. is a close second. I cant believe that someone would actually buy one of their albums….either band…and as far as going to see them. The last time they played close I had free tickets, I gave them away. Furthur too, they suck. Please go listen to some real music…MGMT, Grizzly Bear, TV on the Radio…they all make great records and dont have “jam” (if you can call what they (SCI MOE>) do jamming). THEY SUCK. SCI sucks….please.

Mark Fisher November 21, 2013, 11:52:06

SCI is an awesome band…live and on disc…I began listening to them about a year ago and finally saw them live at LOCK’N festival…..4 sets of absolute awesomeness…..everybody has different tastes and I am impressed haters take the time to even comment on them… JAM on!!

Charles Brown November 22, 2013, 07:18:00

If you like the Cheese, then you do not have taste. Nuff said.

Charles Brown November 22, 2013, 07:20:45

I paid under $20 to see the Stones every time I saw them….

1skullydude December 1, 2013, 11:56:22

my Chesse days are long over but I am glad they are still rockin. I respect any musician or group of, that can contunue to make it happen for them selves. And Charles your obviuosly just a old richard mad cause you cant understand the world in you old age. All that live music you have seen and all you come away with is a bitter attitude and disrespect for working musicians or a new generation music. You go out of your way to talk trash about a band you do dont listen to shows you need attention like a 18 year old girl does. I can see you think yourself oh so wise in your advanced age but for most with average intelligence can see you lack maturity and any usefull wisdom. Just another deebagg with nothing to offer the world. Move along old man