Published: 2013/11/25

Gregg Allman Added to Christmas Jam Lineup

Following the previous announcement that Widespread Panic would join Warren Haynes’ Christmas Jam lineup, Gregg Allman will now also join the festivities to be held at Asheville’s US Cellular Center on December 13-14. The 25th anniversary of the event will feature two performances from Allman, as the famed musician will play on both nights.

In other Christmas Jam news, the event has partnered with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. to create a limited edition 25th Anniversary Christmas Jam Session Ale. The beer will be available throughout Western North Carolina and will also be available on tap during the shows.

As usual, for the fifteenth year in a row, The Annual Christmas Jam will benefit the Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. A very limited number of tickets are still available via Ticketmaster.

Here is a full daily schedule for the 25th Annual Christmas Jam:

December 13: Gov’t Mule, Gregg Allman & Warren Haynes Acoustic, Keb Mo, Phil Lesh Quintet, The John Scofield Uberjam Band, Widespread Panic

December 14: Aquarium Rescue Unit, Gov’t Mule, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Gregg Allman, Michael Franti, OAR, SCO-MULE (special collaboration between John Scofield and Gov’t Mule)

Comments

Clive Bigsby November 25, 2013, 13:01:27

Come on Pearl Jam! Make those rumors true. Also Jim James/My Morning Jacket! PLEASE!

KB November 25, 2013, 19:04:58

Good luck actually getting a Jam Session Brew…that venue is the worst indoor venue I’ve ever been to. I’ve had many a bad night in that place while enjoying some amazing bands…but WSP a few weeks ago finally broke my will and I will never return to that dump again. I don’t care if Elvis opens for the Beatles I wouldn’t go back in there. If I had my way, I would tear that old building down…

Doug S. November 25, 2013, 21:59:08

I’ve never had a bad experience at that civic center. There are “secret” beer stands around that place that have no lines and the security has always been very lenient. If you get in trouble in that place, it’s your own fault. How can you go to a show in Asheville and not have a good time?

GKWoodward November 25, 2013, 23:07:06

As a music journalist/photographer in Asheville, I’m at the civic center on numerous occasions. Love that venue. Not a bad seat in the house, literally. Very easy to get in and out, and around the venue. Lots of beer spots, etc. It can get a hectic and crowded on the floor, but the upper sections are great to watch a show. I like how old it is, so much history there. And, yeah, YOU’RE WATCHING A SHOW IN DOWNTOWN ASHEVILLE...what a great city…love it or leave it, please…see y’all in the photo pit at XMAS JAM...

Clive Bigsby November 26, 2013, 14:54:42

Yeah except if you buy GA tickets you are stuck on the floor for 8 hours, with no where to sit, except in the very back of the house. When VIP section has a lot of available seats, and no one sitting in them.

makersandh2o November 26, 2013, 16:18:13

I was at the Panic shows a couple of weeks ago and sure there was a lot of smoke built up and the lines for booze were long, but that’s part of the show! It was a bummer that you could only purchase one drink at a time, but there were beer stands you didn’t have to wait a minute at if you looked for them. Sorry you had a bad experience!