Published: 2014/01/17

Jerry Garcia’s Website Just Got A Lot More Interesting

JerryGarcia.com got a huge makeover last night, thanks to digital design agency Critical Mass. The relaunched version of the website allows fans to follow all of Garcia’s musical endeavors on a timeline, as well as seamlessly discover or relive nearly 4,000 shows (complete with setlists and direct links to Archive.org for easy access).

Fans can also use the new site to follow ten different tours, —the Grateful Dead’s Spring 1970, Europe 1972, Summer 1974, Summer 1976, Spring 1977 and Summer 1988, Spring 1990 and Fall 1993 tours and the Jerry Garcia Band’s Fall 1989 and Fall 1993 tours.

The site has had some help from Garcia’s family, who contributed numerous photos, ticket stubs and original Jerry Garcia artwork to bring users a complete Garcia experience. Critical Mass is expected to roll out a second phase of redesign ,which will offer fans a virtual “Parking Lot” where they can connect with each other and share their own unique experiences with Garcia and his various projects.

Comments

dennis ennis January 17, 2014, 17:37:03

I miss you jerry

Russ Armstrong January 17, 2014, 17:46:55

Great News we get to remembet all the great times we had!!!:-)

pm January 17, 2014, 17:56:13

Who’s running it and making money from it, Phil?

shinymetalass January 18, 2014, 02:48:48

PM.. all I wanna write is nasty shit at your post…... but i won’t don’t go to the website or do, I don’t care. Just go bother another website in the non reality world u live in as does everyone els,e none care for your comments except you. Sit behind your keyboard and write dumb ass shit. This sounds neat and fun, but you don’t care cuz u want the spot light on you. Well Wow you schmuck

Kidman zeale January 18, 2014, 07:59:54

I think there is a bad link to the site here… anyways, sounds groovy! PM: Garcia’s family, kids and grandkids will benefit – but mostly, we fans.

gded January 18, 2014, 08:21:55

Great music.Energy everywhere, especially a couple days before they arrived in town. You could feel it in the air. Than finally the show.~~~`~ Amazing band

dk70 January 18, 2014, 09:26:16

PM = pre menstrual?

norma stitz January 18, 2014, 10:57:44

@pm. no its debotrah

Meredith Potter January 19, 2014, 15:11:40

My connection to Garcia’s music continues 35 years after my first Grateful Dead show. The friendship amongst deadheads, the many hours of sweet dancing bliss, the incomparable musical rhythms and stories have been integral to my life. There is a sweet sadness as I look back on this, and my aging deadhead brain just wants to say, “thanks” to everyone who keeps the music happening. All love.

Meredith Potter January 19, 2014, 15:11:43

Jerry January 28, 2014, 14:22:34

It all rolls into one, and nothing comes for free. There’s nothing you can hold for very long…