Los Lobos to Re-release Si Se Puede for Cesar Chavez Day
Many people fall under the impression that the first Los Lobos recording was 1978’s Just Another Band From East L.A. or 1983’s However, Sí Se Puede!, recorded in 1976, was the debut. On March 11, nearly 40 years later, Fantasy Records is set to digitally re-release the historic album in conjunction with Cesar Chavez Day (March 31) and filmmaker Diego Luna’s forthcoming Chavez biopic.
The original packaging of the album carried Chavez’s inspirational message to the United Farm Worker’s Union:
This album mirrors the spirit and vitality that have sustained the farm workers through good times and bad for more than a decade. It celebrates the love and solidarity we share as a people united in a common struggle. It is a tribute to the artists who donated their talents to support the cause. It will be cherished within the movement, and it will help bring our message to friends and supporters everywhere.
Si Se Puede tracklist:
1. De Colores —Los Lobos with Santa Isabel School Children’s Choir
2. Huelga en General — Los Lobos with Carmen Moreno
3. Yo Estoy con Chavez* — Los Lobos with Ramon “Tiguere” Rodriguez
4. Mujeres Valientes* — Los Lobos with Raul Bambila
5. Mañana Is Now* — Los Lobos with Geree Gonzalez and Tierra
6. Telingo Lingo – Los Lobos
7. Corrido de Delores Huerta #39— Los Lobos
8. Chicanita de Aztlan* —Los Lobos with Diana Cruz
9. Sangre Antigua – Los Lobos with Carmen Moreno
10. No Nos moveran* —Los Lobos with Geree Gonzalez, Carmen Moreno, Tierra and Conrad Lozano