Published: 2014/01/31

Phil Lesh and Friends Announce Eight Shows at The Capitol Theatre, Las Vegas Lineup

Phil Lesh and Friends have confirmed their first eight shows at The Capitol Theatre for 2014, as well the lineup for their upcoming shows at the Brooklyn Bowl Last Vegas. Two different incarnations of the group will perform at the Port Chester, NY venue over the course of separate four night runs, while another incarnation will play in Las Vegas.

The first Phil and Friends lineup—Lesh, John Kadlecik, Larry Campbell, Teresa Williams, Jeff Chimenti and Joe Russo—will take the stage at The Capitol Theatre April 2-5. The second lineup—Lesh, John Kadlecik, Jackie Greene, Marco Benevento and Joe Russo—will perform at the The Cap April 9-12. Pre-sale tickets for the shows will be available from Wednesday, February 5 at 10am until Friday, February 7 at 10am (password: CapPhil). Tickets for the Capitol Theatre shows will go on sale to the general public on Friday, February 7.

In addition to the aforementioned shows, Phil Lesh and Friends have also confirmed a three-night run at the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas for April 18-20. The band for that run will feature Lesh, John Scofield, John Medeski, Jackie Greene and Joe Russo. Tickets for those shows will go on sale tomorrow at 1pm ET/10am PST via the Brooklyn Bowl’s website.

As previously reported, Phil Lesh recently signed a deal with Capitol Theatre proprietor (and Jambands.com/Relix publisher) Peter Shapiro that includes up to 30 shows at the venue throughout the year, as well as multiple shows at various other venues operated by Shapiro, such as Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas and the Lockn’ Festival.

Comments

Chucky cheese string January 31, 2014, 14:16:01

UGH – I wish Jerry never died.

tellsemlikeismellsem!!!!!! ! January 31, 2014, 14:45:51

can’t believe phil is letting jackie green shit all over that all star vegas lineup…. that looks sick with that one exception…..

Joshua Katt January 31, 2014, 15:21:31

How ridiculous is a “pre sale” and what is the point except to waste our time and pretend that there is scarcity of tickets? If it’s a published code to the public, isn’t this just a marketing scam? And certainly not limited to the Cap

Awesome Line-ups January 31, 2014, 13:09:50

Amazing line-ups all aroumd. I am jealous of you Vegas folks. Thanks you Phil for leaving the kids at home.

mccordo January 31, 2014, 13:46:05

Sounds like fun, but a few years back when I saw Phil & Friends with John Scofield I was unimpressed. IMO it seemed like Sco was holding back and didn’t really go all-in the way I’ve seen him do with MMW and his solo bands. Hopefully he’ll play to his full potential on this run.

pm January 31, 2014, 15:24:42

8 nights Phil will be making money off of Jerry’s corpse. The guy is a disgrace.

Dr January 31, 2014, 15:43:56

Wouldn’t waste my money.

Beezer January 31, 2014, 15:53:24

I don’t know what show mccordo saw, but I was at Penns Peak last summer and Scofield was awesome at that show. Truely mind blowing as was the rest of the band. Vegas is very lucky.

Joe Yobaccio January 31, 2014, 18:25:20

A bit surprised at those bashing Phil. I’ve seen Furthur this past 4 years and at 73, he’s nothing short of amazing even if you think his singing isn’t. I think his playing is the heart beat of the band. As far as Jackie goes, I love his voice on Dead songs, but have only seen him once with Phil and thought he added a ton of life into a lot of the songs.

Ryan Rycewicz January 31, 2014, 18:48:31

jackie greene has an amazing voice and sounds great with philll!!! amazing line up .. looking forward to the cap 9-12 kadlecik marco and jackie in there oh my so good!!!

eddieb January 31, 2014, 18:49:53

Jackie Greene is the bomb…as far as bashing Phil….you know nothing troll

large robert January 31, 2014, 18:50:04

Good Dr (sure you are!), we don’t want negative energy there. Stay home and play with yourself. pm, you’re just an idiot. Go Phil!

Robin Sokol January 31, 2014, 18:57:57

Jackie Greene is incredible and sounds GREAT with Phil! LOVE the line-up.

tellsemlikeismellsem!!!!!! ! January 31, 2014, 19:47:25

no matter how much you love jackie green, he’s got no place in a band with medeski russo phil and scofield…. its like cutting absynth with diet fucking slice… just telling it how it is…

Annonymous January 31, 2014, 19:54:14

Jackie Greene > John Kadlecik

Time for dinner sweetie January 31, 2014, 20:05:13

Jackie is awesome. I saw him with Phil at Terrapin in May of last year and it was great. tellsemlikeismellsem is another forum. I know you won’t be at any of the shows since your Mom don’t let you leave the basement after dark, you sill troll.

theresa February 1, 2014, 10:53:13

Nuttin left to do but smile smile smile 😊😊😊

RecDeuce11 February 1, 2014, 11:51:04

Anyone who thinks Jackie belongs with Phil get your ears checked. Chris Nelson is a terrible guitar player who brings nothing to the stage musically. It’s sad now how many people love this joke musician

Phil's Audiologist February 1, 2014, 11:56:24

Hey RecDuece 11, Phil loves the sound of Jackie’s guitar and his ears are doing just great. Why don’t you say something really outrageous like, Jerry would have hated Jackie? Phil loves him, Bob loves him, Chris Robinson loves him, Warren loves him…maybe what is sad is in the mirror bro.

Nobody's Fool February 3, 2014, 04:01:57

PHIL is Amazing. He plays MUSIC for the Heart and Soul. He is the embodiment of Kindness. Maybee those posting have forgot to listen as there seems to be alack of kindness. BE GRATEFUL he is playing music. Anyone who does not LOVE Phil and His Friends can so see Phish!

Cbarry February 4, 2014, 09:20:26

Great to see so many people hating on Phil. That should leave more tickets for me and for people that actually appreciate the music that this man continues to give to us. The rest of you should stay far away.

redford February 4, 2014, 18:38:41

i saw jackie g. with phil & friends in nov.12’ in ny, it was great.i’ll drive 3 hours each way and see 4 shows in april in ny. AND LOVE IT!!! as long as john k. is there, i’ll be there for sure! Jerry is back!

Tony February 9, 2014, 11:45:25

I will go see any remaining member of the dead anytime. Thank you Phil for still playing. They are keeping the dream alive. I have no doubt Jerry would approve.

Das Singley March 2, 2014, 15:19:07

I saw Jackie Green with Weir and was not impressed, maybe they just like him ‘cause his initial are J G, however , the rest of the lineup in Vegas is totally on , me and my son are going on Easter and I turned him onto Phil and the Grateful Dead. And he turned me on to the Scof andMM&W,,,,,,