Published: 2014/02/14

Bob Weir and RatDog to Open for The Avett Brothers at Red Rocks

Bob Weir and RatDog will open for The Avett Brother on the first night of their three-night run at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO. The band will provide support for the popular string band on July 11, while Lucero will open for them on July 12 and Shovels and Rope will open for them on July 13. Tickets for the concerts will go on sale Friday, February 21 at 10am MST.

Bob Weir and RatDog will kick off their first tour since 2009 tonight at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. As previously reported, Weir recently suggested that RatDog will be changing their name at some point in the future.

You can check out our new interview with Weir, in which he discusses the upcoming RatDog tour, here.

Comments

Wow February 14, 2014, 12:43:08

Wow wtf bobby…
This soooo lame should be the other way around

panicninja February 14, 2014, 12:29:28

Come on bobby…I mean I guess you got to hand the tourch off..but opening for the avetts???...what next a Mumford tour o ya they quit! Fix stuff with phil bring the boys back love you bobby

Joshua362 February 14, 2014, 13:30:30

Who are these acts? Bob is the only name I recognize. Kudos to him for volunteering his time…

guest February 14, 2014, 13:33:25

Surprised Bob is opening for the Avetts but they put on a hell of a show.

SweetOne February 14, 2014, 13:44:57

For shame.

LeglizHemp February 14, 2014, 14:32:10

I thought Bobby was going to change the name of the band back to Scaring the Children

jambandguy February 14, 2014, 15:23:19

Far be it from me to speak to such a legend who has provided so many years of enjoyment for me and many others. I just wish the many others if they include the above ignoramuses understood that some people do it because they love music and support other musicians while they check their egos at the door. Neither of these bands would participate in a “who’s better, bigger or more important argument. Check out TRI studios, Phil’s new place or even Live at Darryl’s house. And Levon’s barn God bless him. Top billing is not important to some people and I feel sorry for those who it is important to. simple solution if you don’t like it. Stay home, don’t waste the ticket. go to a Dylan concert if you are impressed by rude ego maniacs.

Hell yeah February 14, 2014, 21:00:38

Shovels and Rope and Bobby and Kimock opening for one of the best bands of the last few years that writes ridiculous songs and can play their asses off, sign me up. Avetts will be around for a very long time.

The Guy February 14, 2014, 21:39:22

Those of you who don’t know who these other acts are need some help. It’s not “cool” that you’re clueless to great new music.

King Rhino February 14, 2014, 23:40:20

Bob Weir is a fucking joke. He is lucky that anyone will pay a dime to his trainwreck of an ass perform these days.

If you dont know February 15, 2014, 10:24:47

who the Avett Brothers are, you must only understand like the jam mannnnnn. Sick musicians that alter their setlists nightly and write better tunes than any songwriter regularly covered on this site.

Peachhead February 23, 2014, 15:06:39

Don’t really dig the Avetts. I think all 3 of these openers are a lot more my style than the headliner.