Published: 2014/02/16

Jonathan Wilson Joins RatDog at The Tower Theater

Jonathan Wilson sat in with Bob Weir & RatDog last night during their second show at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. The singer-songwriter, who has performed with Weir on a number of occasions, made an appearance for “West L.A. Fadeaway” in the middle of the first set. He remained for the rest of the first set, including “Even So,” “October Queen,” “The Deep End” and “Deal.” “Even So,” “October Queen” and “The Deep End” all appear on RatDog’s 2000 release Evening Moods. Wilson was originally slated to perform as a member the rebooted RatDog last year.

Last night’s show featured a few covers—Bob Dylan’s “She Belongs to Me,” “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and “Most of the Time,” The Beatles “Dear Prudence”—in addition to plenty of Grateful Dead classics. During the night Weir also mentioned from the stage that RatDog plan to change their name to Scaring the Children. RatDog co-founders Weir and Rob Wasserman used that name for their project before RatDog and have played acoustic shows as Scaring the Children in recent years.

RatDog will continue their tour tomorrow night with a show at the Lincoln Theatre in Washington, DC.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via our Box Scores page

Saturday, February 15, 2014, RatDog, Lincoln Theatre, Washington, DC

Set I: Shakedown Street > She Belongs to Me, I Need a Miracle, Cold Rain & Snow, The Greatest Story Ever Told > West L.A. Fadeaway*, Even So* > October Queen*> The Deep End*> Deal*

Set II: When I Paint My Masterpiece, Most of the Time, Corrina > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > The Other One > Stuff > The Other One Jam > Dear Prudence > One More Saturday Night

Enc: Touch of Grey

Notes: *Jonathan Wilson

Source: www.ratdog.org

Comments

whitt February 16, 2014, 14:15:44

Jonathan Wilson came out for West LA and stayed till end of first set, FYI.

Jackie February 16, 2014, 15:03:49

Stream Jonathan’s whole set from 2/15 here : https://soundcloud.com/gudderballs/jonathan-wilson-2014-02-15

Joshua Katt February 16, 2014, 20:31:34

Please give me a “most of the time” and “two djian” for Westbury, sir!

Killing them Softly February 16, 2014, 22:23:53

Did they have couches set up for this? That setlist indicates you may have been able to get quality sleep for a majority of the show. Song selection never really has been in Robert Weir’s bag of tricks. It’s safe to say the best song of the night was the first and the energy never recovered.

brah February 17, 2014, 13:02:47

Bobby haters are so adorable.

Chris February 17, 2014, 19:16:03

Killing, I was there and would have to agree. Definitely not a Bobby hater, but the whole flow and energy seemed off to me for most of the night. Went both nights and Friday was definitely better than Saturday.

Deadman February 18, 2014, 14:24:41

Give it a break. There are people who will bash Weir no matter what he does. The people around me were having a great time and loved it. Chimenti and Kimock were stellar! Sylvester and Wasserman give the band a lot of nice sounding bottom end. The Other One was totally out there and Most of the Time was beautiful. West LA Fadeaway was excellent and how can you bitch about Dear Prudence? This, in my opinion, is the best Ratdog lineup I’ve heard. If you don’t like Bob Weir, don’t go.

CT February 18, 2014, 21:48:07