Published: 2014/02/27

Leave A Message for Mike Gordon on Jam ON

In honor of Mike Gordon’s new album Overstep, released on February 25, Sirius XM’s Jam ON is encouraging Phish fans to call in and leave messages for Gordon. Fans can call into the station and leave a message for the bassist on The Mike Gordon Hotline. The Jam ON voicemail (877-78-JAM-ON) has been re-routed to collect the messages. Mike Gordon will be in-studio to playback the voicemails on air.

Gordon, who is known for having a hotline of his own, also surprised fans last night on Twitter when he requested phone numbers, calling random fans to FaceTime with them.

Comments

Bill February 27, 2014, 17:07:49

Hello Mike. Overstep is great can’t wait for March to see u & your band live! MGB is the sh!t. So good.

Fuego February 27, 2014, 22:09:06

I have tickets to all of Mikes shows besides two. Unfortunately I was unable to push back my sons christening when tour came out. Mike is a modern day Rembrandt of music. His artistry in spoken word, film, satirical photo let alone music has shaped my life. If Mike left a personal message of the day to follow on his hotline I would follow it. When I hear him sing it sounds like the clouds have opened and god is speaking to me in a language I do not even know but understand perfectly. I fear we have an impending splitting where Mike takes a more of of a Roger Waters show on the road with this album, rather than prostitute his very being in Phish as he groans at Treys ego. He embodies the next spiritual guru of our generation. In time he will be like a mix of Mandela and Kerouac. He will lead you on a path to crystallized enlightenment within an insecurity in your sub conscious that will lead you to a horrific, tortuous ending.

ron February 28, 2014, 07:00:36

You guys kiss a lot of ass.
My message is going to be about scarfs and hair style. I think he’ll appreciate it more than your messages too!
lol

Kenny Elsbree February 28, 2014, 07:21:45

As a longtime Sirius subscriber, I have to say Jam ON has gone to crap, playing alot of DJ crap that belongs elsewhere. Jonathan Schwarz is just about the worst radio personality ever, every Phish song he plays is either his favorite version ever or the sickest version ever, until he plays another version next week. And if I hear him say that “Waste” was his wedding song one more time I’m gonna barf.

Runaway Suzie February 28, 2014, 08:25:32

Please…..if I hear Jonathan Schwartz say “Ummm…..Ahhhhhh or redonkulous (sp?)” one more time, I’m canceling my Sirius account. And Ithaca shows….good grief….go see something out west! Jam On has gone way down hill as it plays the same studio recordings over and over again, doing absolute zero justice for the very bands they’re supposedly trying to promote. Perhaps Steph Scamaro (sp?) should stop lighting one smoke with the other, blow her nose, and be a DJ that listeners can understand, that is, in between Warren promotional inserts. And I love Warren! Jam On = Stories about Jonathan Schwartz, his first show, “Waste”, and killing the air waves with the most annoying chatter ever! AAAhhhhhhhh….....Ummmmmmmmm….....Guyutica.

wayne February 28, 2014, 08:54:13

Love the new album. One critical point about the vinyl however. I completely disagree with the concept of a “blank side” if the length only spans 3 sides. Suggestion: with the wealth of material in the archives, why not utlilize that space with either unreleased studio material, or live material? Just seems like a waste of space to me. {This also applies to the Phish Lawn Boy release from last year.] Otherwise, I have nothing but positive things to say about the directions that Gordo/Phish are going in.

WEALTH of MATERIAL February 28, 2014, 09:27:09

Wayne,
While I agree about filling in the blank sides, I think they are trying to really separate Phish from these side projects (If you want to give them enough credit to call them that.). If it was Archives it would have to be of Mike’s acts, and he realizes not many people care about his music. Then they can’t exactly put bsides of new good songs, because there really aren’t any. The producer in Nashville expected something like Floyd when he worked with them, they handed him the Wingsuit songs, and proceeded to all book solo tours and float a 2015 break. I understand how difficult it must be for them after the introduction of the new material. Not even the General of Jam can be fake enough to make one think he enjoys it. He’s to busy trying to pump his east coast buddy’s like the Bosco Biscuits. The hysterical part is we were supposed to get a new Phish album by 4/1. It must be that the producer thought the Wingsuit songs are so good that when adding Steam and Show of Life he didn’t want to turn Trey and Mike into a 1966 Beetles situation where they can’t walk on the street because of their new songs.

Hey Steph has a job February 28, 2014, 09:32:55

Let’s take it easy on Steph. She has a job to do. While she sounds like she just came off a bender with the guy from Wolf of Wall Street, she is there to promote her husbands bands. She plays more Mule or WHB or Warren playing guitar standing in the water on the Jersey shore naked singing John the Revelator than I thought even existed. Then mix in the fake excitement they have for bands that pay and ask them to promote like Humpforfrees or the Revivalists, and you have a tremendous radio personality. I am pretty sure the General is on the d/l with some of the guys in the low to mid tier jam circuit in the tri state area.

Clive Bigsby February 28, 2014, 10:17:11

Mike’s Overstep is a great collection of songs. Warren is the best, and Steph is a very sweet lady.

dragen February 28, 2014, 11:56:19

Jam_On is the worst station on Sirius. Jonathon Shwartz turned me onto Widespread Panic, the greatest band of ALL time. Better than Phish ever was and better than The Greatful Deads

BobaPhett February 28, 2014, 16:36:49

Why weigh on a sunny day?
So much to do so why oh why weigh?
On a sunny day, why oh why weigh?
Why weigh, why weigh?

Tommy Clark March 3, 2014, 08:52:25

Love the new Yarmouth Single. Haven’t heard the rest of the album yet, but I’m sure it is as catchy as the last release my cousin gave me. (bought, not burned, everybody has to make aliving.) One critique. Yarmouth sounds hauntingly similar to Haitian divorce by the Dan of Steel (Steely Dan). Listen to them back to back and tell me there isn’t some Freudian tribute happening there. RE: Scmardo Haynes. If you want real jam variety, listen to Endless Boundaries Radio by Jason Varga from WBZC radio out of BC NJ. You’ll get completely raw jam with no $ influence.