Published: 2014/03/05

Terrapin Crossroads to Stream This Week’s Phil Lesh and Friends Run

Photo by Stuart Levine

Terrapin Crossroads will offer live webcasts of all four of this week’s Phil Lesh and Friends shows. This incarnation of the band—Lesh, John Kadlecik, Joe Russo, Jason Crosby and a special guest—will take stage tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. The run has already sold out, but fans will be able to purchase the streams for $7.

As previously reported, Phil Lesh and Friends have confirmed runs at The Capitol Theatre, Brooklyn Academy of Music and the newly opened Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas for April. Lesh will be joined by different versions of the group for each of the upcoming runs.

Comments

Sean March 5, 2014, 17:59:06

To bad Phil didn’t get a vocal chord transplant too.

Joshua Katt March 5, 2014, 19:23:49

Love Phil’s voice regardless. Sad that he is clearly singing less and less these days. Streams are not 1/100 the same as being there, so why bother. Time to retire that stupid “couch tour” phrase!

Question? March 6, 2014, 00:16:57

I am coming out for the shows from the high country in Montana. I don’t come down to sea level often but this seemed a reason. I hear the laws have changed in Cali? What does this mean for Terrapin Crossroads? Can you publicly spark crack or are u better off spiking it in the bathroom? I am sober besides for that one vice so I’m sure everyone gets it. It’s just been a while thanks in advance. My ribcage is a jailcell see you at the roads.

Josh March 6, 2014, 00:22:05

Perhaps you should dial it back a bit Josh and do couch tour. Sounds like you may have damaged your ears at live shows. I’m a lifelong deadhead and love me some Phil Lesh, but the less he sings the more we gain. Toss on If the Shoe Fits or perhaps even Childhoods End and hear him tickle the wind. I like Box and even his Broken Arrow cover, but let’s not pretend we are deadier than thou. Phil shouldn’t sing any Jerry tunes or Bob tunes, but he should turn his bass to eleven and rock the place to the floor with who he chooses to have in his band.

My ears are fine March 6, 2014, 08:50:38

Hey pal my ears are great and I think Phil’s voice is nothing short of amazing. I consider Phil to be the Dad I never had. I saw a Father’s Day show years back. We had been on the road for a while. Things were getting pretty weird. We ran out of money driving to the Bay Area. For about he next six fillups we had to make do with whatever money the rest stop market was commanding for our flesh in a trade for cash. As I limped out of a wooded area attached to a rest stop just near the western border of Colorado proudly with 26 bucks, I saw a car pull up. This man just pointed at me. I believed he just was looking to toss another line in the water so I tried to make my limp look good figuring 52 bucks would be better than 26. The man then got out of the car. To this day I believe that was Phil Lesh at that rest stop. He handed me a credit card with a women’s name on it. He winked and said, at least your enjoying the ride. We got a whole week in the Bay Area off that car. The chain was never broken.

Joshua Katt March 6, 2014, 10:21:26

That is a good one Josh! Never saw GD, I can only base my enjoyment on some 35 or so Furthur shows. My hearing is just fine, I just appreciate the man’s effort and sound! Box, Arrow definately superb, love his Eyes, Rosemary, Dark Star, Mountain Song, Mountains of the Moon among many others plus his backing vocals. Bring back Furthur, please!

Jerry March 6, 2014, 10:38:44

Phil is singing and playing better than ever! It’s a lovely view from heaven, but I’d rather be with you. Be with you.

UncleEb March 6, 2014, 16:12:47

The real question is who is the special guest? Likely a second guitar and someone who can handle some vocals…

tomaso ketchup August 21, 2014, 19:49:13

I would say that I would have phil no other way,, gnarly voice and all. His pipes are so original which is the main reason I love him. When I listen to the dead I’m not looking to hear Perry como or englebert humperdink. Man I want some serious rock and roll crashing like waves over rocks. Phil is what he is and he is a treasure.

tomaso ketchup August 21, 2014, 20:00:18