Published: 2014/03/20

Rush Planning 41st Anniversary Tour

Photo by Norman Sands

Rolling Stone is reporting that Rush are planning an extensive 41st anniversary tour for 2015. Guitarist Alex Lifeson told the magazine that the band is hoping to do something a bit different next year, noting that, “We want to try and play different material this timeā€¦I’ve always wanted to do some rarer Rush material, and this should a good opportunity to do that. I also think it’s going to be a long tour. We just need to stay healthy until then.”

Last year saw Rush hitting the road in support of their latest album, Clockwork Angels, though the shows also included plenty of deep cuts from the band’s 1980s releases. However, to the disappointment of many fans, the group did not perform any tunes from their 70s catalog except for a medley of songs from 2112. This year marks 40 years since legendary drummer Neil Peart joined Rush, but the band was too tired to get back on the road following last year’s lengthy outing.

Comments

Mouthwhore March 20, 2014, 22:28:55

Amazing musicians. Some great sections of their catalog, but a few to many concept album/ tour material waters the good stuff down. Nothing like seeing Rush on a boatload of Lucy.

Joshua Katt March 20, 2014, 17:41:15

Pre 80’s Rush is where it is at, the rest is just pop music crap…

Kevin March 20, 2014, 17:46:30

No editors for online articles? :P

Todd March 20, 2014, 17:54:14

This article is atrocious. Did anybody read it through before posting? Did the author TEXT it in? I always thought Relix was a quality publication. I cannot believe that they actually have anything to do with this trash.

Steve March 20, 2014, 18:08:42

The author of this article obviously didn’t proof read it. I am excited for a tour with some rare deep cuts. But for anyone to say anything after Moving Pictures was crap isn’t really a true Rush fan. Signals onward is just as great. I thought Power Windows was one of their best albums ever. I loved the setlist for the last tour.

Harry Greb March 20, 2014, 18:50:54

Can’t say I’m a big fan of Rush but I do respect their musicanship. 41 years together for any band is quite an accomplishment.

timmy March 20, 2014, 23:37:24

Rush is a band that had to grow on me, but thank God they did. Their poppy synth music from the 80’s was all I really knew about them until I gave their older stuff a listen. VERY good stuff. They are fantastic musicians with some classic albums. Neil Pert might be the greatest drummer of all time.

Boofberry March 20, 2014, 23:59:05

Best three man band ever. I’d let them all do very dirty things to me. There is stuff going on there we don’t even know about on top of the charging music. Neal needed that ride on that bike for more than meets the eye. Reconvert the spirit into the virile automaton who shares the pleasure of pain.

dankerator March 21, 2014, 14:33:14

Highlite was roll the bones tour they opened up with “in the mood” After that tour it pretty much sucked! It wasn’t that good! Kind of like seen Soundgarden in early 90’s and goin back to see them in 2014, no thanks!!

lionel March 25, 2014, 18:11:28

on their 30th anniversary tour…they pulled out BY-TOR and the snow dog, trees, la villa, lakeside park, bastille day ….and a few others i cant remember. Hope they pull tunes off RUSH, caress of steel, farewell to kings, fly by night…hell everything from the 1970’s!!!