Published: 2014/03/24

Allman Brothers Postpone Final Four Shows of Beacon Theatre Run

The Allman Brothers announced that they will postpone the remaining four shows at the Beacon Theatre as Gregg Allman recovers from bronchitis. All tickets will be honored at the soon-to-be announced rescheduled shows. Those looking for refunds can do so at the original point of purchase.

The Allmans carried on without Gregg for the last two shows, inviting special guests such as Susan Tedeschi, Rob Barraco and more to fill in for him. The remaining performances on March 25, 26, 28 and 29 will be rescheduled. It was reported earlier this week that Allman hoped to return to the Beacon later this week, but that no guarantees were to be made.

The band released the following statement:

The Allman Brothers Band announced the postponement of the remaining four Beacon Theatre performances on March 25, March 26, March 28 and March 29 as Gregg Allman recovers from bronchitis. As a result of Mr. Allman’s illness, the Allman Brothers Band is unable to perform at the level to which they aspire.

All ticketholders should retain their tickets, which will be honored for the soon-to-be-announced rescheduled engagements. Those ticket holders desiring refunds may obtain them from the original point of purchase.

Comments

JC March 24, 2014, 15:11:55

Finally the right move. Don’t compromise the product. Sure they could carry on with fill-ins but that is not the same. I respect the rest of the band very highly but I would not want to go without Gregg. I am a HUGE fan of Derek and love every chance to hear him play, but people are paying a lot of money and want to hear Gregg’s voice and playing.

dk70 March 24, 2014, 15:18:51

Get Well soon Gregg. Take care of those magical pipes, man.

jamesdinct March 24, 2014, 15:22:12

Seeing that this is being called the last Beacon run by most, this seems like the best thing to do. The sliver lining could be two or more shows added to the run when it resumes to make up for the two Gregg missed!!! As much as I would love to see an ABB show predominately lead on vocals by Susan Tedeschi (and I would really love to see that) you cannot really do the Allman Brothers Band shows without an Allman brother.

Michael March 24, 2014, 15:38:47

Unbelievable!! My dad and I are going up to NYC for the Virginia basketball game and bought tickets to the show at the Beacon less than 10 minutes before this announcement. How unlucky is that?!

Derl March 24, 2014, 15:47:25

Sorry to hear that Michael. Question though, where in the heck were you able to score tickets this close to the show? This run sold out within minutes…beware of scalpers.

Spartan Fan March 24, 2014, 16:24:08

Sorry to hear about your bad luck on the ABB tickets Michael. Although after you see what the Spartans do to Virginia on Friday you probably won’t be in the mood to go out anyway. :) GO STATE!

MIke's Dad March 24, 2014, 16:42:12

Vivid Seats.
Show canceled before I received the e-mail confirmation.
No refund…..................Bummed out in North Carolina. GO HOOS !!

Good Deal March 24, 2014, 17:10:00

This is the right thing to do. Feel bad for those that traveled any distance to be there. Gregg > The Headband + Susan ^ Truth!

Eric March 24, 2014, 17:47:01

Now they’re thinking, don’t piss in the ears of our audience.

David Wright March 24, 2014, 18:16:35

Wondering when they will announce the resched…

Doug R. (YA'LL know who it is!!) March 24, 2014, 19:37:30

Kudos on the choice.SORRY folks,BUT The ABB just AIN’T The ABB without Gregg! We’re here wishing him a speedy recovery & hoping & PRAYING he heeds his BODY’S advice.When IT is teling you to SLOW THE F%%$ down…......DO it.Glad to see he has & many fond wishes for the kind man i’ve met several times.Most recently here in Greenville,SC where he was kind enough to sign my/HIS book for me.I think it was because my gal & I were holding the “hangers on” at bay & he REALLY appreciated it & smiled with a wink when I ASKED ,“Please ya’ll!! Give this LEGEND (he shrugged THAT off….lol) some breathing room.He winked,signed my book & told me he see me again.I told him it’s PROBABLY be with Warren next time.He grinned that famous one.Love the cat,& I DON’T think he’s “standoffish” OR “stuckup/conceited” at ALL.He was VERY generous with his time.Healing vibes Gregg!!

Laurence March 24, 2014, 20:18:08

Kinda messed up to those who went to the two shows Gregg missed to not get an option for a refund/reschedule but the next 4 shows do. I’m sure many of the people who attended those shows would have preferred I have their show rescheduled rather than see an ABB show with Gregg. I was at the show that he missed a year or two ago and I know I would have preferred that

bg March 24, 2014, 21:50:52

I apologize ! My GD analogy was way off base. bg

Murphy March 24, 2014, 22:24:22

I saw the 3/15 and 3/21 shows. Got to admit, the 3/21 show (without Gregg) was better. The band and its guests had tons of energy and the song selection was better, although I’m sure there are some who would disagree. Anyway, this is the right move and best wishes to Gregg.

Roseanne Salyer March 24, 2014, 23:27:31

Get well, baby. Take care of yourself. Cheers to the rest of the band for doing this.

Thomas March 24, 2014, 23:55:58

What about wanee?? are they still gonna perform? its only a few weeks away?

Gibbie March 25, 2014, 05:53:56

This was going to be my first time seeing ABB at the Beacon and I am glad they postponed because without Gregg it just would not be the same!

Chris T. April 1, 2014, 00:13:27

too bad really,
had been hoping that the scalpers would take a major licking with the Band continuing on w/o Greg for the last four. all these pos. comments here about the music are justified, but is there no outrage at all at the final dollar clean-up this was slated to be even before the haynes / trucks exit was announced? 170 for most of the orchstra, and nose-bleeds for former orch. prices? enough to make this fan sit out, sick of supporting this, even from musicians I highly respect. But most at fault is ALL OF YOU!
if you keep ponying up the bucks, it will get charged.
There was a time, not that long ago, when I would do most of, if not all of, the March run.
Now, that’s a grand+ per person, and that’s enough. hope Gregg is fit for MJ, Peach, etc… (and while ranting, Shapiro’s VIP 4er box for Ph&F at 1500 is a fucking joke too)