Published: 2014/03/28

Charlie Daniels to Release Album of Bob Dylan Covers

Charlie Daniels has announced that he will release an album of Bob Dylan covers, Off the Grid – Doin’ It Dylan, on April 1. The 77-year-old country-crossover musician is no stranger to Dylan’s catalog of material; Daniels played guitar in Dylan’s studio bands for Nashville Skyline, Self Portrait and New Morning.

In support of the album, Daniels will be making the media rounds with stops at Kathie Lee & Co. (March 26), Huckabee (March 29), Morning Joe (March 31), Access Hollywood (March 31), Hannity (March 31), Fox 411 (March 31), The Artie Lange Show (March 31), SiriusXM’s ‘Artist Confidential’ (March 31), The Today Show and ABC NewsNow (April 1), and The Better Show (April 6).

Off the Grid – Doin’ It Dylan tracklist:

1. Tangled Up In Blue
2. Times They Are A Changin’
3. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight
4. Gotta Serve Somebody
5. I Shall Be Released
6. Country Pie
7. Mr. Tambourine Man
8. Hard Rains A Gonna Fall
9. Just Like A Woman
10. Quinn the Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)

Comments

mooney March 28, 2014, 16:29:20

God help us

Shaun March 28, 2014, 19:29:55

So… This racist, right-wing f*cktard is going to do an album of Dylan songs. Including “The Times They Are-A Changin’ “and “Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall”? I got nothing. Except, I suppose Ted Nugent’s going to cover “Blowin’ in the Wind” and “Masters of War” soon?
Anyway, I’m guessing no one’s told that Daniels that Bob supported that “Muslim, Socialist terrorist” Barack Obama? Maybe one of the hosts on all those Fox News shows he’s doing (or “Morning Joe,” which may as well be on Fox) will ask that dumb hick about that.

Mike March 28, 2014, 19:30:41

This may be the worst news I’ve received all year.

Bill Harriman March 28, 2014, 20:05:45

This is way too easy to make fun of and I think Shaun said it all. But seriously, if you want to hear a good CD of someone covering Dylan then check out Maria Muldaur’s 2006 release called “Heart of Mine – Love Songs of Bob Dylan.” I write this because she deserves to be plugged on this website much more than Charlie Daniels.

Rick March 28, 2014, 22:43:41

Dear pathetic hate filled libtards, you are a major contributor to what is wrong with the world today. Your one world, one love membership has just been revoked and we will be requiring you to immediately remove your ‘co-exist’ sticker form the bumper of your Prius.

wading river head March 29, 2014, 07:21:05

right on Rick, a true American Patriot, Charlie Daniels….............diversity, 3rd world country here we come

mb March 29, 2014, 10:08:47

Well stated Rick. Does being rural and conservative automatically make you a rascist war-monger? Mr. Daniels played extensively on several of Dylan’s best albums. He has a first-hand connection to the bard. I haven’t listened to any Charlie Daniels in 30 years. I think I’m going to crank up “Call up Trudy on the Telephone” and then say a prayer for my ideologically blinded brethren.

G March 29, 2014, 10:47:11

You conservatards are a joke, if you cant see the irony in this racist gasbag covering Dylan, you are truly clueless.

james March 29, 2014, 11:58:05

Nothing wrong with Charlie Daniels.
and god , please don’t liken Daniels with that asshat Nugent.
If Charlie was that big of a jerk, Dylan wouldn’t have worked with him.

John J. Wood March 29, 2014, 12:17:18

THE album of Dylan covers to own is Tim O’Brien’s “Red on Blonde”.

MarZaPhiGar March 29, 2014, 14:59:05

Way to be inclusive, libs (I’m a Green, sobi am above your ludicrous fray). That said, your assumption that Dylan is among your number is woefully misinformed. That is one of the reasons that Bob has had an ambivalent relationship with his fans. If you actually read interviews with him, you might see that he’s not anywhere NEAR being a liberal. Quite the opposite, in fact. Personally, I haven’t seen him participate in any public “liberal” cause since USA for Africa. Charlie Daniels might have a perceived identity as a conservative (omg- he supports veterans! The horror!) but he’s also a master at his craft- he’s also been a longtime friend and one-time member of Leonard Cohen’s band, another misunderstood individual (a longtime gun nut, in fact).

Peachhead March 29, 2014, 14:59:20

Politics and ironies aside, I bet this sounds damn good. Charlie still rips it as a musician and his band is full of kick ass nashville musicians

MSTaper March 29, 2014, 15:41:34

Charlie Daniels opened for Widespread Panic in Birmingham in 2011 and he sat in with the band at the Ryman in 2010. The fans loved it on both occasions. I know, I was there.

Mark March 29, 2014, 20:26:26

More racist and hateful comments from the liberal aholes-nothing new. Charlie is an American music icon and speaks for many.

not the same Mark March 29, 2014, 20:58:58

WOW, maybe Sarah Palin will by a copy.

Jesse Dominick March 29, 2014, 21:56:59

hey, Palin may even buy a copy. Charlie hates these men in the picture http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/04/25/uga-5-star-football-recruit-ray-drew-and-the-charlie-daniels-band/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

not the same Mark March 31, 2014, 12:26:48

what relevance does that have? I am sure GW loved everyone he sent to die in Iraq.That does’t excuse the grave mistake it was, or excuse his misguided judgment. I’m sure Sarah loves them too.