Published: 2014/04/03

Jalbatross to Play The Slip Tribute Show

Jalbatross featuring guitarist Ryan Jalbert of The Motet and keyboardist Darby Wolf of Rubblebucket with drummer Colin Jalbert and bassist Rhees Williams will pay tribute to The Slip at Fete Music in Providence, RI on April 12. The mostly instrumental show, billed as Dogs on Bikes: An Homage to The Slip, will also feature guests appearances by the night’s opener, singer Sara Azriel. Tickets to the show are now on sale for $10.

Comments

steve b April 3, 2014, 12:13:47

Wow- I know these guys can all play, but can they capture what was so special with The Slip? Can anyone really play like Andrew, Brad or Marc? I would love to get to hear this, anyone going plan on taping this?

Mole April 3, 2014, 12:32:09

The music of The Slip is certainly worth playing live. Too bad the The Slip doesn’t feel the same way these days…

walthers April 3, 2014, 12:43:14

You are correct Mole, I totally agree. Not sure why the Slip has decided to just go away but I sure could use a Slip show.

steve b April 3, 2014, 15:43:24

I would do a lot to go back to the late 90’s early 2000’s when they were in NYC constantly. Fuck I wish they still played. Forget The Barr Brothers (tho really good) and lets get The Slip 2014!!!!!!!

Phrazz April 3, 2014, 21:06:40

Does the music play the band? We shall see. This show will be taped…by Cleantone of course. Many Slip “mothership” friends will be there. It wil be a huge challenge to cover some of the most creative melodies, but brothers Jalbert and friends are also immensely talented (and are diligently studying and rehearsing).

Lara Wahl April 3, 2014, 22:49:00

The Slip has touched and transformed so many of our lives. So nice to be able to give a beautiful night of homage to them. That’s all our goal is. To thank them. And to come together again. so get your Bootys out there!

Jason Booty April 3, 2014, 22:50:09

I’m coming, I’m coming..

SbrienZa April 4, 2014, 07:23:50

Phrazz- that’s a name I havnt seen in a while. Well that tape is ready, get the link up please!!!

globehead April 4, 2014, 07:47:22

oh how i miss the slip! im planning on going to see just to see some of u beautys again. i miss that ryan we we danced so much no?

pete April 4, 2014, 11:44:00

saw MANY slip shows in late ’99 early 00’s. really transformed me. i know all these guys well and they can pull it off..

Shining Boy 93 April 4, 2014, 12:42:08

Have faith in brothers Jalbert.

mark twain mont blanc August 1, 2014, 07:01:28

Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, very good blog!
mark twain mont blanc http://apollopress.co.nz/images/montblanc/8mfmark-twain-mont-blanc-._-01kf.asp

burberry dresses August 6, 2014, 13:31:55

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!
burberry dresses http://slf.mhwebbproduktion.se/wp-includes/burberry/.-4burberry-dresses-_-7.php