Published: 2014/04/14

Bob Weir Joins Blackberry Smoke at Sweetwater Music Hall

Blackberry Smoke graced the stage on Saturday night at Bob Weir’s Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, CA. During their set, the band got a little help from the part-owner of the venue as Weir joined the Atlanta rockers for a few songs. Weir joined in for “Ramblin’ Rose,” “Tuesday’s Gone,” “Me and My Uncle,” “Big River” and “Deep Elem Blues.”

Blackberry Smoke is currently in the midst of their “Fire in the Hole” Tour in support of 2012’s The Whippoorwill. Their next stop is April 17 in Missoula, MT at The Wilma Theater.

Comments

DJ Damage April 14, 2014, 15:54:48

Soooo…Ol’ Buttfuckles Mc Twatt “joined” Blackberry Smoke at “his” club on Saturday night huh??? I guess that’s the ransom nowadays for playing the Shitwater, huh? The DJ will be spinning a set soon, keep your eyes and ears peeled Jammies & Twirlies, as this will be a grand opportunity to stink up the hall with the unwashed masses! The DJ abides!

Samuel Culper April 14, 2014, 16:32:37

The DJ abides by being a demented asshole. Your commentary attacks on Bob Weir are old. Crawl back into your sewer abode.

Dave the slave April 14, 2014, 16:39:13

The DJ and I will be busting heads and laying with fatties at the next Gathering of the Juggalos. Juggalo fo life!

dk70 April 14, 2014, 16:52:18

What about the Duck Dynasty guy 2nd from the left. When and where is your gig DJ Damage? I can’t wait to hear your awesomeness at playing pre recorded music.

JEMP April 14, 2014, 16:54:36

Does anyone else think that DJ Damage IS in fact Dave the slave? Seems they both show up in a lot of the same places.

Dave the slave April 14, 2014, 17:01:34

No of course we’re not the same person. The DJ visits BF McT stories and I love the band Phish. The only thing we have in common is Insane Clown Posse and Faygo.

RST April 14, 2014, 17:10:44

Ramble On Rose?

RST April 14, 2014, 17:17:46

Anyone who says that Blackberry Smoke is having Bob Weir as a guest because of “ransom” or any source of obligation is merely flaunting a complete lack of even the most basic understanding of the music industry.

Jed April 14, 2014, 18:51:42

Do you guys even check your information anymore. Your reporting is half assed and pretty weak. No real info to speak of not just this story. BTW they have a tour date on the 15th in Boise, not that it really matters to peeps outside of Idaho. and as previously noted the song is “Ramble On Rose”.

Larry Washington April 14, 2014, 19:49:25

Perhaps Blackberry Smoke are Nat King Cole fans and cover Nat’s big hit “Ramblin Rose”.

DJ Damage April 14, 2014, 20:09:56

Hey Ho Jugg-A-Lo! What up my damie D the S?? Wow, looks like we touched a nerve here! What a gas, huh? Nobody more humorless than a Jammie Scenester, no? I want to thank all the first, second and third responders for entertaining the DJ (and my main man Dave!) with all of your witty asides. Keep it up and I will continue to abide. Peace out and please pick up some deodarant before my gig dk70!

dk70 April 15, 2014, 10:08:32

I can assure you I smell just fine DJ. Thanks for your concern. Now get your budget laptop and powered speakers ready for the big gig.

Doug Donandred April 15, 2014, 17:47:47

Blackberry Smoke is a GREAT band and I’m stoked they’re on Bobby’s radar and maybe some of yours. Can’t wait until they roll back this way again. I can feel a good one comin’ on.