Published: 2014/04/15

Bob Weir & RatDog Add West Coast Performances

Photo: George Brown

Bob Weir & RatDog have added two gigs out west for this July. The band will perform at the Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 5 before hitting the Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City on Thursday, July 10. More dates are expected in the near future.

As previously reported, Bob Weir & RatDog also recently announced a benefit show in celebration of HeadCount’s 10th anniversary. The band will be joined by special guests Marc Brownstein, Brendan Bayliss, Eric Krasno, Ryan Zoidis and Eric Bloom during the show. Weir is a longtime member of the voter registration nonprofit’s Board of Directors, while Brownstein co-founded the organization.

Comments

burning_beard April 15, 2014, 12:59:05

saw them in burlington, vt at the end of february and, MAN, this band needs CPR.

hey man April 15, 2014, 13:19:03

tough comment once again. saw them for 2x nights in Boston in February and they were awesome. Different pace then some of the past experiences with Bob Weir + Ratdog but all in all top notch music with plenty of highlights. Bob had a ton of energy which should make for a great summer of music.

slow April 15, 2014, 13:58:38

If the previous Ratdog played Dead tunes at 1/4 speed and the current incarnation plays at 1/4 the speed of the previous incarnation at what point does it just become to darn slow? I stopped in 02 as it was to slow what I have heard of this isnt even easy listening.

DJ Damage April 15, 2014, 14:16:02

The DJ has inside “dope” that Ol’ Buttfuckles Mc Twatt has enlisted Shaggy 2 Dope to help him integrate “Insane” rap passages into “Passenger”, Dopey Ass beats and breaks into “I Beat Daryl’s Ass” (Jackson Browne cover) and some bomb scratches into “Bombs Away”...should make for an interesting summer, but still waiting for the “Mushroom Stamp” tour announcement, a co-HEADline w/ Trey Anatasio…THe DJ will make at least 1 “surprise” appearance at the tour, a DJ hoodie to the 1st person who comes up and gives me a “high” 5! The DJ does, will and continues to abide!

Greystar April 15, 2014, 16:16:33

The DJ is a douche bag.

Ron April 15, 2014, 17:20:37

Yes, the DJ is a douche. Love seeing Bobby out west!

jbizzle April 15, 2014, 17:21:23

^^^Some serious haters up there. Saw them on the your opener and it was amazing. Haters gonna hate. I’ll be at every show I can get to. Fuckin jaded ass hippies rolls eyes

DJ is a pussy April 15, 2014, 20:10:45

Really don’t care about Bob Weir but if I were at a show and DJ Dumbass was there, you could forget the high 5, I’d break your fingers just so you couldn’t type for a while. DJ, you sir are a class A pussy. You make that perfectly clear by repeatedly talking shit on a computer. Your act is old but I’m sure it will continue because you are just that type of person.

MarZaPhiGar April 15, 2014, 20:52:25

While I agree that DJD’s vitriolic screeds are mean-spirited and often unwelcome, I nonetheless find his(?) prose to be noteworthy. One could only imagine what sort of pearls of wisdom he(?) could impart upon us should he shift his(?) perspective away from rageful hatred and towards positivity. He(?) actually possesses a unique voice and is capable of an amusing turn of a phrase. Please, DJD, consider this acknowledgment an olive branch, and remember that our scene used to be one of love and respect. Take it from someone who also likes, upon occasion, to stir the pot a little, that attention for attention’s sake isn’t necessarily a good thing. At the risk of sounding hackneyed and unoriginal: peace.

DJ Damge April 15, 2014, 21:01:08

Much to the DJ’s chagrin, he too has a heart. Message heard loud and clear. The DJ appreciates the olive branch. The DJ will no longer abide (in public :) I hereby retire the vitriol (love that word!), The DJ is also open to suggestion, and any from the floor are appreciated (what, oh what wlll I do with this gift I have been given??? Only the DJ knows. Peace out.

mb April 15, 2014, 21:20:50

What a hoot. The Damaged Dude comes across as way more sympathetic than those who would silence him or threaten him with bodily harm. So he doesn’t like Bob Weir. I don’t believe Bob’s loosing any sleep over it. It’s the price of fame. Give it your best shot.

DJ Damage April 15, 2014, 22:28:21

Know this, the DJ slithers for no man…however, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel with u know who…as stated I’m pen for suggestions mb, so sling away…abiding silently

MarZaPhiGar April 15, 2014, 23:22:21

We’ve all heard Bobby play awfully. Christ knows there’s been entire TOURS that have been subpar. But he also is our boy. I don’t have the inside scoop that others may have about his habits- he may be both the victim AND the crime for all I know. Assuming what is said about him is true, then we ought to extend our best wishes for him to recover. To mix a metaphor, the dark side is glaring on the scene. We’ve all looked the other way when somebody got peeled off the sidewalk by the EMTs, or got hauled off by the po-po. There’s a lot of sick people among us. Compassion and love, not spite and schadenfreude, will take us all higher.

Zelmo Baum April 15, 2014, 23:49:51

Ignoring the tripe above… My question is: Which of these venues is on the West Coast???

MarZaPhiGar April 16, 2014, 01:05:46

Ignorant douche.

Zim April 16, 2014, 05:02:52

I do hope you are stopping your anonymous negative crap, DJ. It really is a sign of the time that someone like you can just log in and post whatever garbage comes into your mind. Do you not believe in karma? Do you think you are funny? You do not mind offending people on a daily basis? Man, take your abundance of free time and try to do something with it and, please, for everyone that takes a few minutes out of work and reads about upcoming shows, please just disappear from the online world.

@ DJ Damage April 16, 2014, 09:18:28

LOL regarding the jackson brown comment! Jackson brown is an A hole!!

Dave the slave April 16, 2014, 09:30:42

The DJ has evolved and is leaving me behind. I guess we’ll never be able to meet up at the gathering. After I read his heartfelt capitulation I went down to a trailer park with a clean muumuu hoping to attract an obese, unwashed woman. I figured this would be a good strategy as using a clean muumuu as bait would increase my chances of finding a woman who did not have working plumbing or money, thereby insuring her unwashedness. I wasn’t able to find one but I was nearly assaulted by an unwashed transvestite. I might have fallen for his ruse had he not been on a bender for the last week, allowing a week’s worth of facial hair to grow through the remnants of the makeup he wore to a drag show the previous Friday night. Although our encounter was hostile at first, we began talking, and that’s when I found out he had some meth fresh out of the soda bottles, if you take my meaning. This turned out to be a life changing experience, I do believe. I poured a large bump directly over his anus and snorted that shit while he cried out in his falsetto voice. You never know where life is going to take you, that’s for sure.

DJ Damage April 16, 2014, 12:26:24

We’ll D the S, have no fear, I have returned. I was willing to slither away quietly when “You can call me Zimmy, the DJ will call you Shimmy” (Transvestite reference!) sucked me right back into the game (pun intended)...so thanks Shim, The DJ has a new nemesis and lease on life! Jackson Browne beware…

JK April 16, 2014, 13:33:54

DJ D and D to the S bring much needed humor to a rather humorless site. What about the first amendment and how both posters r just expressing their opinions. If u don’t like what they have to say then don’t read. DJ D I want a sweatshirt.

@mb April 16, 2014, 13:37:39

There are two ways to look at silencing… one is an attempt to stop someone from speaking from the heart, the other is an attempt to stop someone from repeating the same thing over and over… such as a child saying “why” to a parent’s every request, or someone who continuously spews negative comments of no value toward another… that is way different than, say, someone giving an honest review of a Ratdog show that is a negative review… funny has it’s place, but as George Castanza said, you gotta leave on a high note!

mb April 17, 2014, 21:07:31

Well stated. If you spend enough time riding public transit in the city of London, there is a good chance you will be confronted by some lunatic, eccentric ranting about a perceived injustice perpetrated by the powers that be and wants you to share in his rage. It’s like street theater. It can be annoying or entertaining, depending on your disposition. My point is that when we provide a forum for people to air their opinions, we should let them rip. I’ve read enough posts by DJ. I guess I’m still amused by his shtick. Bob Weir is responsible for roughly half of the Grateful Dead catalog. He has exhibited enough of what I call genius to give him a free pass most of the time. I overlook his short-comings. Back in the eighties the whole rock-star Bobby thing was a running joke. I can see how someone who is a casual observer might focus on his foibles, of which their are more than a few. Beyond that, I was struck by the humanity of Mr Damage’s earlier post. Maybe there is hope for him. I do, however, like the idea that one should try to leave on a positive note. Peace to all.