Published: 2014/04/17

Nugs.tv to Stream Phil Lesh and Friends’ Vegas Run

Photo: Marc Millman

Nugs.tv will offer a webcast of Phil Lesh and Friends’ upcoming three-night run at the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas. Lesh and the band—John Medeski, Jackie Greene, John Scofield and Joe Russo—are set to make their first appearance at the recently-opened venue April 18-20.

The streams will begin at 7pm PST on Friday and Saturday, and the Sunday stream will kick off at 6pm PST. Fans will be able to choose between standard and high definition webcasts, which can both be pre-ordered now.

Comments

mooney April 17, 2014, 17:12:56

I know they wouldn’t keep doing these if there wasn’t a market for them but seriously, who buys these things?

Warren Gang April 17, 2014, 18:05:38

Money, money, that’s what I WANT!

Ron April 17, 2014, 18:40:09

I do , I love it . I put the video on my 100” projector, sound thru my stereo turned all the way up. Invite some friends and we play cards , drink , smoke and listen to / watch the show . We dont get many shows in the midwest . You folks on the coasts are spoiled when it comes to that. I dont have the funds to travel to shows anymore so its kinda nice. Picture and sound quality is top notch. No line at the bathroom, no assholes talking over the music. Well worth the $20 or whatever it is.

dh April 17, 2014, 20:21:18

Couldn’t agree more with Ron. The quality of those Phil and Friend shows from the Capital Theater were excellent. Was more than happy to pay my $20 for the entertainment I got out of it.

Philly tall Cash April 18, 2014, 00:04:23

At what point ail there be credit card processing sections of the PLF co empire advertisements. At least send Jerry’s daughter some cash and get that cross-eye drunk Tiff a new bottle of absinthe, if you want to continue this cash grab. This is almost like Paul Kanter touring singing Grace and Jorma’s songs but much more painful and expensive. This is a two pronged business plan and succession plan to extend one families foot hold on their 1% status. Man of the people, progressive, legend or money hungry reckless drunk. You be the judge, because you know you are going to pay him, his night job pays, does yours?

fin fang foom April 18, 2014, 10:11:13

Wow, that’s some boorish drivel right there.

MalcolmO April 18, 2014, 10:25:11

Wow, $20. Where does someone get that kind of money? If the stream was free, I could afford it; but who can say for how much longer?

mooney April 18, 2014, 18:31:36

I’m not knocking anybody for making money I just can’t believe people pay that much for it. If Phil comes to town (unlikely) I’m there.

joe April 19, 2014, 17:27:17

to quote T.Pettys song “Last D.J.” “they are seeeing how much we will pay
for what we used to get for free…” its the same with the festies nowadays. most people go to have a safe place to stumble around with their friends(more of a spring break vibe at these events, than the fam. vibe of Deadlot)
i will never spend money to see a pay per veiw. LOCAL BARS SHOULD DO WHAT YOU DO IN YOUR HOME, PROJECTION SCREEN, GOOD .P.A. no cover, they would sell alot more booze. i would go to a bar with the PPV.
remember when the only PPVs where WWF?

Joshua Katt April 20, 2014, 18:40:05

I don’t get it either. The dude in the Midwest with a 100 inch screen and top notch audio system does it up right but how many others have that? Perhaps if I saved my $200 a ticket Capitol P&F money I could invest in such a system but I still thinks its not 5% of actually being there live.

yelnick Mc wawa April 25, 2014, 22:29:29

I am not sure where these people who are scared to say anything negative about this bullshit Phil is trying to pull. Don’t get me wrong i followed the GD from ’77 until jerry checked out. I really wished i would have stopped going when Brent passed,but i was hoping that the band would take like 18 months off so jerry could do what he needed to do and then regroup but it did not happen. Phil show your kids off at your place,but to take them out on the road with their friends and ask for money C’mon Bro enuff is enuff. Furthur is bad enuff almost to the point of a weak cover band. Get larry his wife,molo,jackie,and baracco get a tour together and we will come. I must be honest i have not and will not go see furthur . I saw phil and his buds open for Dylan in ’99 i think and i saw phil and his buds i mentioned a paragraph ago twice. I think Kreutzmann keeping his word and not touring on any level as a coverband puts him up there with the coolest of all frogs.

yelnick Mc wawa April 25, 2014, 22:29:30