Published: 2014/04/22

Bob Weir Sits In with Preservation Hall Jazz Band at Sweetwater Music Hall

Bob Weir and folk singer Maria Muldaur sat in with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band at Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, CA on Friday night. It was the third time that Weir—who is a part owner of the venue—joined an act on stage at the club in less than a week. As previously reported, the guitarist also sat in with Blackberry Smoke on Saturday, April 14 before joining Taj Mahal for his set on Wednesday, April 17.

Both Weir and the Preservation Hall Band will be performing at this year’s Lockn’ festival, so this might not be the last time that they end up playing together.

Comments

Dave the slave April 22, 2014, 11:38:33

Is there no end to Bobby’s versatility, his creativity, nay, his genius? I bet the treble in those horns meshed well with the overwhelming treble in Bob’s playing these days. And all this while touring. Picture a bright blue ball just spinning!

Mike April 22, 2014, 13:14:17

Dave the slave; more like jack the ass!

Dave No. 2 April 22, 2014, 13:16:00

Shut up Mike, get a life. Bobby might be the coolest man to have ever walked the planet. Dave the Slave, you are the man!

Dave the slave April 22, 2014, 14:20:08

Mike, I’ve been with more transvestite truckers than you can possibly imagine. It’s no secret that “Truckin’” is my favorite song. So yeah, jack the ass, different strokes for different folks.

Dave the slave April 22, 2014, 15:43:22

Dave the slave
According to the other person claiming to be dave the slave either I am into transvestite truckers or overweight ICP groupies. Neither is true , not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am not attracted to either. Now Grace Potter on the other hand!!! I do have much love for Bobby. I have seen and enjoyed many a Dead show. They wouldn’t have been the same band without Bob Weir. You can generally tell the original Dave the Slave from the other Dave the Slaves as I will usually post something negative about Phish, the members of Phish or their drug addled fans. Not that there is anything wrong with the other Dave the Slaves. Free speech is free and some of there stuff is funny. Just wanted to clarify. Stay strong Phish fan.

JD April 22, 2014, 15:53:02

Setlist Please

Dave the Slave April 22, 2014, 16:46:46

I’d suck bob weir’s dick and tickle his balls at the same time. Cant be that much different than a goat. Phish is crap!!

Dave the Slave April 22, 2014, 17:50:13

While I would not give Bob Weir a blow job you are correct that Phish is Crap. At least you got that right. See we do agree on some things.

DAVE THE SLAVE April 22, 2014, 18:17:34

I sometimes am conflicted about Phish. Trey’s, and especially Mike Gordon’s talent shines so brightly that I feel talentless and weak in their shadow. I once spent an entire day replaying the sing “First Tube” over and over again, masturbating furiously the entire time. Wa WAH WAH wa WAH WAH wa WAH WAH wa WAH WAH, you know how it goes. Great tune. I love this site it’s like a therapy session for me, I get to spill all my secrets.

dave the slave April 22, 2014, 18:45:06

Actually Trey and Mike are talentless hacks who have made a large amount of money stealing from their fans who are on so many psychedelics they can’t tell the difference between white noise and Bach. And their drummer wears a tent. Stay strong Phish fans stay strong

DC April 22, 2014, 19:25:22

You tell em, Dave!! WSMFP.

Dave the slave April 22, 2014, 19:46:16

Sorry, Widespread Panic sounds like Meatloaf.

dave the slave April 22, 2014, 22:43:03

On second thought I love WSP. Way more talented than that crap band from Vermont. What’s their name again??? Oh yeah Phish. That’s right Phish sucks. I almost forgot for a second.

Mouthwhore April 22, 2014, 22:56:35

Anybody else think Bobby uses these musical jaunts as downlow benders? Rumors are swirling about some of those young boys from that TRI show who learned the cannon. It’s a long long crazy tour for certain, but the thought of Bob playing jazz is absolutely horrifying like getting your niece pregnant. To me their is some seedy underbelly to the Sweetwater TRI scene that we are not seeing. I mean did you know what was going on in the weather report suite at Penn State? Maybe Bobby was just there for the taking at this point. We can share the women we can share the wine.

Mouthwhore April 22, 2014, 22:59:27

Is Ace packing a woodie in that picture? The trombone player is staring at it with that, “daaaaammmnnnn honky you got something cooking in dat deep fryer” look.

Jack from Wichita April 22, 2014, 23:26:01

Some of you need to show some respect to the legend Robert Weir. You insulting pricks probably sat around tripping face yo or mollied out or bumping K while listening to Without a Net and have the god damn nerve to critique an artist as he ages into the sunset. I have had the privilege of seeing this mans art for the last 40 years and it’s imbedded in my sound and how I have raised my family. This isn’t some blatant pedophile snapping photos of kids at Phil and Friends or some band that can’t write good music and hold it together in their 40 s. I did the Phish thing. They blatantly put zero effort out these days and wrote songs soothed with latent homosexuality cloaked in full blown asphyxiated gang land tie down stuff for you fools. They are done and Bob rides on and at least we’re enjoying the ride. I think most serious Phish fans that think what they hear now is acceptable are short oxygen because of a tubular clog in their throat. Show some respect for yourselves and pay due respect instead of kneeling before false idols.

George April 23, 2014, 11:35:34

My god this site perhaps has the lamest comments section on all of the Internet….