Published: 2014/04/23

Robert Plant: No Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion Show

Robert Plant says that there is “zero” chance of Led Zeppelin reuniting for another performance. Plant made the statement while discussing the band’s forthcoming deluxe reissues with the BBC.

Speaking of the reissues, the band also unveiled previews of two previously unreleased tracks from the project—an early version of their hit “Whole Lotta Love” and a 1970 rendition of the blues classic “Keys to the Highway.” The songs will appear on companion discs with the reissues of Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III, respectively.

As previously reported, Jimmy Page has spent the past few years combing through the band’s catalog to compile the releases. The first three albums, Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III, will be available on June 3 and the next three reissues are due out in 2015.

Led Zeppelin last reunited for a performance in 2007, when Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham’s son Jason Bonham took the stage at London’s O2 Arena during a benefit show honoring the life of music executive Ahmet Ertegun. A recording of the concert was later released as the live album Celebration Day, which won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Album.

Comments

nickt1631 April 23, 2014, 11:22:19

Does anyone really care anymore? I thought the reunion show was kind of lame.

TCinNYC April 23, 2014, 11:23:59

Would be the only show out there I’d pay top $$ to see. Its amazing they don’t ever do one off’s. In a way I say, “good for them”. But bad for us.

Paul April 23, 2014, 12:01:53

They spent 6 weeks rehearsing for that one off show in 2007. I’m surprised they didn’t just go play a few more shows right after to put the reunion to rest and officially call it quits.

Sam Sneed April 23, 2014, 13:28:54

You want to pay to see those old goats play “Stairway To Heaven”?. They make millions every year selling their back catalog and the reissues add more.

Gary Miles April 23, 2014, 13:30:30

As long as people keep buying these reissues over and over they will never play again. Im over it.

solidrock April 23, 2014, 15:03:45

The ‘Celebration Day’ blu ray was/is epic. I’m happy with that as ‘the end’.

todd April 23, 2014, 15:44:10

Plant gets major props from me for this stance. I am constantly amazed that everybody wants their favorite rock bands to go on forever. I am in my mid 50s and if you had told me in high school that all these bands would play until they were in their 70s I would have laughed at you. Now people seem to want them to play until they are dead. Why? Let it go.

yelnick Mc wawa April 23, 2014, 18:19:00

Has any forgotten that piece of shit bandmate of his bought a 14 year old girl for his sexual proclivity’s ? And the ego that Jimmy Page has is more than fucking annoying. Why would anybody pay for a show that would be so fucking rehearsed that it sounds like a studio album? Save your cash buy their albums. Plus jimmy page has been romantically ,linked to a few men in and around london.

Mike Mahoney April 23, 2014, 21:45:01

I would be happy just to have them release full shows raw and unedited (like a Grateful Dead Dicks picks).

Paulie Walnuts April 23, 2014, 23:58:07

Robert Plant – the A-hole strikes again.
Thanks for nothng!!!!
A madison square garden multi night event would surely kill him….yeah…good job!!! People would make the trip from all over for a couple of weeks of Led Zep. You had a tribute to Ahmet Ertegan….how about a tribute to your fans????? Selfish prick!!!!! So tired with “diaper load” Robert Plant…. Keep your fuc-ing new releases!!!!!! Page – Jones and John n Jason Bonham….you will always be fondly remenbered….YOU RULE!!!!!

Zep Rulez April 24, 2014, 02:48:33

“Has any forgotten that piece of shit bandmate of his bought a 14 year old girl for his sexual proclivity’s ?” Six years after Mike Gordon was done with her.

dk70 April 25, 2014, 13:22:46

Go on and hate the greatest band ever. Morons.

JW28 April 25, 2014, 17:29:55

Yelnik ,you are an idiot ! Do not talk about things that you do not know about. I have live tapes of entire Zep shows from the 70’s and there was plenty of spontaneous jamming going on. Get the facts before you shoot your mouth off !

yelnick Mc wawa April 25, 2014, 22:05:13

JW28 did i strike a nerve or what. Did you by chance listen to how similar those so called jams were? And Dk70 How can i hate someone i have never met ? And it was their music that sucked ,and Jimmy Page sucked as well. And so do you,and i have not met you either,but if i did you would probably suck to.

Mr Stik May 3, 2014, 15:11:22

Screw all that, I must have been snoozing when who did what to a 14 year old what? I thought that was Pete Townsend who liked kids? Or was it Artimus Pyle? Hmmmmm
I saw both Page and Plant tours and they were fantastic, I’m satisfied. I’m more interested in seeing Them Crooked Vultures!! Oh I almosrt forgot to mention how much I hate yelnick & JW28. They’re gay lovers from what I’m told, have a nice day:)

David Kramer May 3, 2014, 23:15:15

I can respect rrobert plant’s decision his to put LedZepplin to rest. But why not a tribute to the fans. Phil Lesh and Bob Weir still tour with their Band Furthur. They love their fans and their music.Phil is well into his seventies and he loves to play music. He says music is a gift to share with others. They explore it differently each time they play it. Robert Plant and Led Zepplin want to rehash the music their music with reissues.
Who cares we already have the albums why do I need reissues. Just explore your music and treat your fans to what made led zeppelin. Great. but like others it is okay it is done