Published: 2014/04/24

Steve Kimock Joins Bob Weir at Tribeca Film Festival

Bob Weir got some help from Steve Kimock during his performance at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City last night. Weir took tthe stage following a screening of The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip Of Bob Weir, a documentary film about his life.

Kimock, who now plays guitar in Weir’s post-Grateful Dead project RatDog, joined Weir in the middle of the set. He then stuck around for an “Easy to Slip” that was sandwiched between “Playin In The Band,” as well as a set-ending cover of Elvis Presley’s “Jailhouse Rock.” Kimock also sat in with Weir for the encore, which consisted of a “Not Fade Away” that was wrapped around “Standing on Shaky Ground.”

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via our Box Scores page

Bob Weir
Tribeca Performing Arts Center at the Borough of Manhattan Community College

Hell in a Bucket, Peggy-O, Black Throated Wind, Loose Lucy, Corrina, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Playin in the Band*, Easy to Slip*, Playing Reprise*, Jailhouse Rock*

Enc: Not Fade Away*, Standing on Shakey Ground* > Not Fade Away Reprise*

Notes: *with Steve Kimock

Comments

chrispy April 24, 2014, 10:45:54

I was here last night, great little set and the documentary is definitely worth checking out. There are some great behind the scenes clips, especially of Jerry and Bobby scuba diving in the early nineties…. as expected Jerry is wearing a black tee instead of a wetsuit.

Henry April 24, 2014, 13:51:23

Great movie and set by Bobby-a treat for the few lucky ones who attended. The best for me was watching the movie and thinking back at all of my experiences and knowing that I was part of this thing-as Bob said ‘you have to see it….to see it” Keep it going Bobby you are still the best value for my entertainment dollar;)

Chester Powers April 24, 2014, 14:33:08

What a life, what a legend. I am old enough now to remember buying that first Grateful Dead album when I was in the 8th grade. Still have it and back then it cost $3.67 plus 4% sales tax. Thank you Bob Weir.

Lush Rimjob April 25, 2014, 01:35:54

What is the deal with this site. Have the Ivory Tower liberals and Trust Fund Brats shamed / scared the likes of DJ Damage and Dave the Slave into submission? I for one, enjoy hearing about the escapades of Ol’ Buttfucles Mc Twatt. I suggest we hold a demoralcratic vote on wheher to let the boys (girls? girl & boy?) ply their hysterical trade and keep us all in stitches for a long time to come. In the words of the immortal & immoral Steve Earle “Come back Martin Luther, come back JFK, come back DJ Damage, BFMcT is gay”. Long live Scmeckledy Doon, whereever you are.

Jean Moulin April 25, 2014, 13:39:40

Mr. Rimjob, you should stop skipping English class, your grades will improve with regular attendance.

Lush Rimjob April 25, 2014, 14:28:23

You Jean, are you trying to start some dissentary among the troops? I had a dream about this melliflous box, and it reminded me of the sacred and the propane.

Lush Rimjob April 25, 2014, 14:28:23