Published: 2014/05/08

Phish’s New Album Will Be Called Fuego

Phish’s forthcoming album will be called Fuego. Live Music Blog was among the first sites to suggest this information. A number of songs from the prospective album appear on website of BMI, the music publishing company.

As previously reported, Phish “debuted” their forthcoming album as their musical costume during last year’s Halloween show at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. However, that work in progress was titled Wingsuit. Based on a Jambands.com interview with Mike Gordon earlier this year it is not expected that all 12 of those tracks will be appearing on Fuego (although the title track is certainly expected to make it— Phish performed “Fuego” on Halloween and on New Year’s Eve). Based on the BMI site it appears that the song titled “Monica” in the 2013 Halloween Phishbill is officially called “Sing Monica.” In addition, Gordon has suggested that other songs the band did not premiere on October 31 may appear on the disc (“Halfway to the Moon” and “Show of Life” are among the likely candidates).

Fuego is being produced by Bob Ezrin, who has worked with the likes of Pink Floyd, Lou Reed, Peter Gabriel and many more. You can check out a recent interview with Gordon, in which he talks about hitting the studio with Ezrin, here.

Wingsuit Halloween playlist:

9. 555
10. Winterqueen
11. Amidst The Peals of Laughter
12. You Never Know

Comments

Danny May 8, 2014, 11:46:16

surprised we havent had a jaded phish fan comment yet. Get over yourselves

mike gordon May 8, 2014, 11:48:48

we should put this crap in the fuego and kiss it goodby

TCinNYC May 8, 2014, 11:50:44

Love it! & Can’t Wait! Rolling, Rolling Rolling

John Horsecock May 8, 2014, 11:54:26

Rumors are swirling that the band will add a fifth member this Summer. They were not enthralled with how jazziest went and have decided to add a very high end jazz guitarist for help in the compositions. I welcome the change. We don’t deserve to hear stuff like that Harry Hood from NOLA and they understand that. They are looking to work in as many old tunes as possible that have been in rotation like Vultures, Steam and Show of Life to try and substance to the flop tunes from Atlantic City for Fuego. Erin was less than empressed, which is why the alibi is coming out so late. The boys will be taking a break after New Years for a Couple years as well. It’s a gorgeous day in Burlington, back to work.

John Horsecock May 8, 2014, 11:58:35

Should say Ezrin was less than impressed with the songs they showed up with. I am not shocked. Most people who pimp up the Wingsuit set and these songs are 3.0 fans or older fans pretending the band has become more of a full sound ensamble because they need it in their head. Everybody needs to latch on to stuff. I would prefer it be something more important.

joe May 8, 2014, 12:00:14

That is just a song listing. There is nothing to indicate an album title. New low jambands.com spreading a rumor! why didn’t you post about the orange vinyl also??

Brian O'Connell May 8, 2014, 12:07:04

The coolest thing about Phish is they do whatever the hell they want, when they want.

1-12 May 8, 2014, 12:17:00

I have heard all those songs and let me tell you, this brings up the rear in their long history of studio work. Where the hell is Tom Marshall? Trey call him, then get some guitar lessons so maybe you can sound like you did In 2011.

Dave the Slave May 8, 2014, 12:22:20

Woopy. Another album from Phish to add to their lackluster collection of crappy songs. Even Phish fans don’t care much for 3.0. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The next good song they write will be their first good song

raven May 8, 2014, 12:55:26

been seeing them since 93 and super excited for this album! real fans dont diss them every chance they get.. glad dave slave wont be at any future shows!

Phinephriend May 8, 2014, 13:13:47

Am I really expected to honor the opinions/ musings of a writing calling themselves ‘Horsecock’?

trey May 8, 2014, 13:23:44

HEY THIS IS TREY ANASTASIO AND I THINK PHINEPHRIEND IS A TINY TIM :)

will_yem May 8, 2014, 13:32:52

not kang’d

David May 8, 2014, 13:58:04

The link you have is the registration for the song “Fuego,” not for an album title.

John Horsecock May 8, 2014, 14:10:33

Phine I can’t help the name I was given. I am stating what I believe to be true or my opinion. It’s been a rough rough period for Phish besides the people that try to say fall 2013 is like 1995 December. Those people are kind of funny. They love the Hampton TCB set but the irony is they don’t even know TCB and it sounds like a garage band. Then AC, don’t even ask unless you are giving me and my wife our 5000 dollars back for that trip. I hope to god something good comes of this because if you listen to Jazzfest and think the band is doing ok well you must not know any musicians.

Joe May 8, 2014, 15:26:49

Shut the fuck up you little bitch!! What kind of idiot spends his time bitching about phish here. LOL 5k to see the boys for 3 night!! you fucking tool!!!

me May 8, 2014, 15:29:01

Nice, album ain’t out yet, but the haters sure rush to board as soon as any Phish news hits… Dave the Slave, there are somethings in life I can’t stand… for instance pop music, luckily I have friends and family (including my wife with which whom I love spending quality “couple” time with) and other interests that keep me from wasting my time following pop music in any way, shape or form… I’m sorry that you don’t have those same joy’s in life, but at least you have this board and your hate! It really is a shame that even someone like you would waste their life away like that, nothing but existing. And damn, a last name of Horsecock AND dumb enough to blow $5k on a Halloween show, you reap what you sow, bro! Maybe you and Dave should hit up snapchat together… I can’t wait to hear the new album and see if it’s any good… Fuego should rock, but I won’t loose sleep if Sing, Monica ends up on the cutting room floor.

andres May 8, 2014, 17:29:27

umm, newsflash but phish writes pop rock tunes…

burning_beard May 8, 2014, 18:25:57

those of you (“real phans”) who are offended by people (NOT “real phans”) who have an opinion on the state of phish today are as ridiculous as the “haters”.
is it mutually exclusive to be a “real” phan and have a dissenting opinion? or are true fans those who lap up every note that this group spews and calls it genius? in my opinion (what some might brand as hate) is that there is no way that everything that comes from
these guys, or ANY other band, is great all the time. bands have highs and lows just like athletes, politicians, stock market, etc. it’s ok to dislike something the band produces, including live shows, albums. to me, the REAL phans are those who have critical
thinking skills and don’t just drink from the trough of
mediocrity, which is what musicians such as bieber et al rely on fans to do.

@me May 8, 2014, 18:45:30

If you could be so kind as to letting me know how you stay in a suite in AC and travel with your wife from LA in first class for less than 5k? Surely you would have slept with your mother/ sister on the boardwalk or clipped a coupon for the motel six, but I can’t figure out how you would get this done for what you seem to think is reasonable in cost in AC safely. Sure I could have made it cheaper or even nicer, but that’s up to me. I was more or less making fun of those shows in particular since I was there and they were laughable, like the joke in Theme that ruins that jam. Don’t for a minute think the 5000 dollars meant a single thing to me. I probably would pay more to avoid being in the same zip code as a guy just lathered in jealousy that ingratiates himself with 2014 Phish, as if he’s a faceless and opinionless hooker that takes what they can get. See you this Summer. If you pay,it’s ok to have any opinion you want, unless you are to scared a little pussy to hear the truth. If you save a buck to listen out in the lot like you imply, it’s best to button up and take the good while you bite down hard.
Sincerely
The Horsecock Family

me May 8, 2014, 18:54:42

@burning… great, man… you actually contributed! Now, do yourself a favor and learn the difference between hate and opinion and genius! I haven’t seen anyone say that ever tune Phish writes is genius. As for opinion, it would be great to read an article and read through some opinions, but it gets old sifting through the hate BS that peops like Dave the Slave continue to vomit. It would be great to read positive stuff about Phish, and I would be just as interested in reading a differing opinion. For instance, some peops love “Let Me Lie” (@ andres… that would be 1 of the possibly 3 pop tunes I could think of, prove me wrong) but I can’t stand the song… doesn’t make me right and them wrong, but maybe a discussion could ensue if we didn’t have to wade through the hate. So, relax man, the bitching isn’t about differing of opinions, instead it’s like when friends are hanging out discussing something and the drunk asshole stumbles in, thinking he’s funny because he’s too drunk to realize the group thinks he’s nothing more than an asshole…

Jdog May 8, 2014, 21:05:08

Phish. Greatest band ever.

Jdog May 8, 2014, 21:05:53

Phish. Greatest band ever.

Valley of the Blue River May 9, 2014, 00:07:47

Pumped to get a new album from Phish.

Valley of the Blue River May 9, 2014, 00:16:36

Dave the Slave. You make me laugh. ...your poor mother tho. I’m sending healing vibes her way! Love and light.

SnowJack May 9, 2014, 00:59:40

Why do you phans even reply to the soulless trolls? The all just sit at their keyboards waiting for a Google Alert for anything Phish, so they can post lame flames. Then the pour souls living go back to picking their zits until another Phish Google Alert comes in, only to do it all over again.

SnowJack May 9, 2014, 01:05:51

Fixed: Why do phans even reply to the soulless trolls? The trolls only joy comes from waiting at their keyboards for a Google Alert on anything Phish, so they can post lame flames. The poor souls then go back to what they were doing, picking zits, until another Phish Google Alert comes in, only to do it all over again. Repeated recycled toxic garbage.

David May 9, 2014, 02:20:17

To John Horsecock,
I’m not here to defend the band. They couldn’t care less about this post.
I am here to say you’re an asshole , plain and simple.

Edwin May 9, 2014, 02:32:17

That’s just a song listing for Fuego… there are song listings up there for Wingsuit, Fuego, The Line, Waiting All Night, You Never Know, Sing Monica (AKA Monica), Devotion To A Dream, Amidst The Peels Of Laughter… by the logic of this article, any of these titles could be the album title :P Strangely, I can’t seem to find Wombat… it better be on this album! http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277192&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277193&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277194&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277195&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277197&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=17277198&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/Title.asp?blnWriter=true&blnPublisher=true&blnArtist=true&page=1&keyid=17277199&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID http://repertoire.bmi.com/Title.asp?blnWriter=true&blnPublisher=true&blnArtist=true&page=1&keyid=17277201&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Dave the slave May 9, 2014, 10:12:16

John Horsecock, you are a spectacular failure. Why would you spend $5,000 going to see phish for 3 days when you could’ve made $5,000 selling meth with me at Gathering of the Juggalos. Now both of our trailers are going to be repo’d, way to go. On a side note my anus is once again filled with egg shells and I have a lot of truckers to fellatiate so farewell board, I’ll be back next time theres phish news that I can cry about

me May 9, 2014, 10:18:55

@Horsecock… Hey big man, wow, I gotta change my tune, I didn’t realize you were right up there with Donald Trump. Personally, I think anyone who spends $5k on 3 shows is a fool but you are correct, go ahead and shoot the wad from the Horsecock Family… and feel free to share your opinions (I don’t recall suggesting otherwise), I bow to you oh superior one and I’ll certainly be sure to stay out of your zip code, that is a safe bet Mr. Big…

Mole May 9, 2014, 12:44:49

It would be great to hear a studio version of ‘Halfway to the Moon’. I love that song (especially their Fall Tour version in Hartford – spot on Page!).

SnowJack May 9, 2014, 22:02:27

I do like the opening of Fuego, middle eastern like rhythm. Then on a snap turns into a prog piece with a bit of Fluffhead like vocal chorus. Then gets just a bit funky. Up to this point a very cool track. But then Trey’s guitar lead cuts in with a way over compressed restrictive whiny tone, at least for my tastes for this piece. And the extended guitar solo just doesn’t go anywhere satisfying. At least in the two live recordings (AC & NYC) I’ve listened to. I enjoyed the rhythmic fade out ending in AC (10:45). But that ending was dropped in NYC (8:43) for a segue into Light. With some further development and time in the brew kettle including work on the lead guitar tone, Fuego could become a welcomed addition to the bands ever revolving live playlist. Will have to wait for the album release to see what magic Ezrin has done with the track in the studio.

SnowJack May 9, 2014, 22:09:37

Agree with Mole…hope HTTM makes it on the record. Nice melody with crossover appeal. And solid set-up for an extended jam vehicle. Some of the lyrics are disjointed one-liners, and difficult to connect or follow, at least in real-time. Classic Phish I guess. But it all comes around with the June Moon and Truth in Duluth. Back to the Circle. Please can I have a sandwich?

Wilson May 10, 2014, 23:39:53

No Wombat. 😒

randy floyd May 12, 2014, 11:36:24

these comments are hysterical. if you don’t like phish, don’t you have anything better to do than post hateful shit? pretty pathetic. maybe get a job or go volunteer or something, be constructive with your lives, you’ll be a lot happier.
long live good music

Otto May 12, 2014, 14:48:56

Bob Ezrin also produced Alice Cooper and Kiss. They should always get a mention :-)

SnowJack May 12, 2014, 17:33:27

Otto, you forgot to include… Pink Floyd, Lou Reed, Peter Gabriel, Rod Stewart, Dr. John, Nils Lofgren, Julian Lennon, Jane’s Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, The Jayhawks, K’naan, 2Cellos, Kansas, Hanoi Rocks, Taylor Swift, Kristin Chenoweth, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Darkness, Berlin, and Deftones, among many others (per Wikipedia). A very diverse repertoire, you think?

SnowJack May 12, 2014, 22:21:20

I enjoyed the opening of Wombat from Atlantic City. RHCP like including the Abe Vigoda bit. Not sure about harmonizing the various falsetto’s. I like the funk but the chorus is repetitious for too long with the same progression over and over. The stop and go thing is a little gimmicky. If this track shows up on record I’m certain it will be very different from the two live presentations we are aware of.

Terrence Osbourne May 13, 2014, 12:39:58

Sadly, Phish will not be back at Jazzfest for a LOOOOONG time after that performance….they shit the bed in ’14

deDfish May 13, 2014, 13:29:03

Guys like Horsecock are everything that’s negative about the community. Your sense of entitlement is appalling. First off, I was at both Halloween and NO and enjoyed both shows immensely. Not because I’m old, but because they no how to play a great concert. If they’re pissing you off, then leave. ’95 isn’t ever going to come back, and they don’t owe you anything. If you can’t enjoy a Phish show for whatever arbitrary reasons, then just don’t go. Meanwhile, that’s an extra seat for someone who loves seeing one of the best touring bands in the world.

deDfish May 13, 2014, 13:32:19

@Terrence Weird. I was 50 rows back and all I saw during those three hours were thousands of people dancing, smiling, and having a blast. I don’t think anyone near or around me felt they did anything less then give us a fun, if typical, festival performance. And I guarantee they will be invited back…do you know how much money the city the made on the Phish fans going to the after-show concerts around the city??
You’re a little naive about this.

Reality check May 15, 2014, 15:42:08

Who are these losers? I can´t imagine going to a Nickleback article and writing nasty comments, or for any other band I don´t like. Why bother?
Also it´s pretty obvious that Kyle, Dave the Slave, John Horsecok, and a lot more of these fools are actually the same person. Damn son, isn´t it time to get a girlfriend? No one who´s ever touched a woman before would waste his time writing such stupidity.
Phish is great, been seeing them since 94, and they are still great. If you say Trey´s guitar tone has changed, you really don´t know what a guitar tone is.

Loubert May 16, 2014, 17:23:48

These negative Nancy’s should have something better to do than talk shit. I wasn’t at NOLA but they killed it in hampton, AC, and MSG....