Published: 2014/05/14

Neil Young Reveals Plans for Archives: Volume II

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Neil Young reveals that he is indeed planning to release Archives: Volume II later this year. “It’ll be finished this summer. All of the music will be done. It goes just past [1979’s] Rust Never Sleeps. It’s full of albums that weren’t there before – stuff I did that I never put out.”

Volume One was released in June of 2009 and encompassed the years of 1963-1972. Included in the release was rare and unreleased music from those years.

Young also said he has plans to release five volumes, with the last covering the 2000s. “The rest will come out pretty quickly. While we’ve been working on Volume II, we’ve been working on the other Volumes.”

Recently, the guitarist spent time promoting his new release A Letter Home with Jack White. The two collaborated to cut a record on The Tonight Show using White’s 1940s telephone booth-turned-recording-studio.

Comments

Zora Folley May 14, 2014, 13:26:14

Hopefully Neil will finally release TIME FADES AWAY his first live album never released on CD. He has been quoted as saying it was the worst record he ever made. Many Neil fans disagree.

dubs May 15, 2014, 08:11:21

I heard he choked on his own vomit.

Lash LaRue May 15, 2014, 15:26:05

dubs, I heard you were a halfwit. You confirmed it with your comment.

kevin May 15, 2014, 19:44:34

I was very pleased with time fades away spend album I still listen to it alot

kevin May 15, 2014, 19:46:49

Good album locked in time

Sonny Liston May 15, 2014, 23:00:17

TIME FADES AWAY is a favorite of Widespread Panic. You can still find vinyl copies with the printed lyric insert reasonably priced at online used record stores.

Deadman May 16, 2014, 02:46:13

I agree! Time Fades Away is one of my favorite NY albums. I would love to see it released on CD. As far as Neil saying it is the worst album he ever made? Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies and they take themselves way too seriously.

j May 19, 2014, 17:56:17

Neil also has a mischievous side to him, so I wouldn’t discount the possibility that he does some things because it makes him chuckle to himself. After all, he did, for a while at least, drive a Hummer that ran on cooking oil and loved it when hippies would see him and get all up in his grill, as it were, before he blew their minds when he told them what was up! That said, I am really looking forward to this release. Problem is, it’ll probably be on Blue Ray so I won’t be able to play it in my car, lol…