Published: 2014/05/20

Webcasts Announced for Phil Lesh & Friends at The Capitol Theatre

Nugs.tv will offer webcasts of Phil Lesh and Friends’ upcoming run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on May 29 and 30. The shows will feature Lesh with guitarists John Scofield and John Kadlecik, keyboardist John Medeski and drummer Joe Russo.

Tickets for the upcoming Capitol Theatre shows are still on sale. The gigs will take place the day after Phil Lesh and Friends perform at the Central Park Summserstage, though that show is already sold out.

Comments

Joshua Katt May 20, 2014, 20:58:30

Wow. I love Phil but anyone getting sick of this overload? Maybe if he sang every song I would go repeatedly. The Cap got one night out of me for $175 each for “special” balcony seats and that is it for me for 2013 out of a promised 30 shows… Also thinking I’ll buy a one day ticket for Locken for the day of the Furthur set instead of seeing all 4 days, $1099 per wasn’t enough greed last year… Yea, there will be single day Locken sales like last year.

PM May 20, 2014, 22:06:48

Couch + Phil Lesh = SLEEP

Ha May 20, 2014, 22:40:18

Fuck off josh, no one cares that you are poor.

Joshua Katt May 21, 2014, 09:17:15

Sorry, I meant the year 2014 above. I ain’ts poor, just refuse to get ripped off with hard earned cash. Couch + ANYBODY = SLEEP

tony May 21, 2014, 09:24:40

WOW, josh has a small one…

Philly Cash May 21, 2014, 09:35:59

Well well, Phil adding a nice webcast for the kids to get a little more money out of the racket. I guess we are supposed to thank him that the web cast is 20 for two nights rather than the standard 20 dollar a show cast his pimp usually charges at these be contracted venue shows. It’s not becoming watered down. It’s becoming a deluge of saturation with an alternating cast. Instead in one lineup for a whole tour this forces Le$h to get different guys per run, so the music is significantly sloppier than past Phil tours with the Q, Larry and Greene, Sco Larry and Osby, Jimmy Herring Joan Osbourne and Barry Sless etc. The only time Phil and Friends have been so inconsistent is when Steve quit tour after the second show in 1999. Nothing beats seeing Boyd Tinsley up there having no idea what any of the songs are. The only shows this year comparable to prior Phil shows were the BAM shows and the new brothel/ venue Phil is contracted to in Las Vegas like Wayne Newton.

Chucky cheese string May 21, 2014, 10:24:59

Of course the Central Park show is sold out — look at that line-up! Oh well. Phil & Friends were always a bit rough for me in recent years. But of course that is my own opinion. I guess I need to introduce myself to some new music. These dinosaurs won’t be around forever. Thank god we still have Gov’t Mule and Panic to enjoy.

Ron May 21, 2014, 14:32:49

All of the hate here towards Phil is misguided. Don’t get mad, get glad. Webcasts are totally worth the cash by the way. Stay home, have a drink, chill…heck, sometimes I even do some work during a webcast but either way I have the option to do so and it is an amazing option. I can do my thing and enjoy some fresh new phil. It is good being a Deadhead in 2014.

jeb May 21, 2014, 17:22:37

Thanks Ron! Your totally right! I’m sick of the complaining. Welcome to 2014 or stay off the BUS! In Phil we trust..

derpa May 21, 2014, 19:00:54

Lesh Family Trust is hungry! Must feed the coffers before Phil kicks out!

MusicGuy May 22, 2014, 00:15:01

You’re hate is even more misguided than Ron was saying. Phil is locked into a deal with Peter Shapiro for 2014. He is guaranteed to make an undisclosed amount they agreed on last year with all profits from shows, including webcasts, recordings, and all merch going directly to Peter Shapiro. The only shows Phil can play without Mr. Shapiro’s involvement are those at his own Terrapin Crossroads. Before you hate get in the know. This is all public knowledge that was reported when they signed the deal in November. Just check out the NY Times article here… http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/11/04/arts/music/phil-lesh-a-grateful-dead-founder-strikes-promotion-deal.html

Joshua Katt May 22, 2014, 17:41:12

Well it takes two to tango, Pete Shapiro to dangle the $$ and Phil to bite. After 10 sold out Furthur shows in April 2013 at the Cap, I’m sure Shapiro got greedy and tried to lock them down. Bob Weir would have no part of it and probably resented the Phil deal, hence the short, combined summer/fall tour, the short 6 song first sets and no New Years Eve run for the first time in 4 years. I can’t imagine that 30 Cap shows + B Bowl + Central Park + BAM isn’t going to burn out Phil’s Mojo in NYC in 2014. I pray this is a huge financial loss for Shapiro and this hasn’t driven a permanent wedge between Phil, Bobby and Furthur. Flame on…