Published: 2014/06/02

The Allman Brothers Confirm Final Shows

The Allman Brothers Band have announced their final plans. In a statement the group, which celebrated its 45th anniversary in March, have confirmed that their final live shows will take place at New York’s Beacon Theatre on October 27 and 28. The group has also rescheduled the four Beacon shows that were postponed in March after Gregg Allman fell ill. Those concerts will take place on Tuesday, October 21, Wednesday October 22, Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25.

Tickets purchased for those sold-out shows (originally set for 3/25, 26, 28 and 29) will be honored on these dates for the corresponding days (see itinerary below). Fans unable to attend the rescheduled shows can return tickets for a refund at the point of purchase prior to August 1.

This past January longtime Allman Brothers guitarists Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks announced that they would leave the veteran group after the band’s 2014 tour. In February, Allman told Relix that The Allman Brothers Band would part ways at the end of the year but left the door open to possible reunions shows down the road.

Confusing both the media and his fans, in April Allman reversed his statement and told Radio.com that The Allman Brothers Band planned to continue on with a new guitarist.
Band co-founder and drummer Butch Trucks also hinted that the group might try to soldier on with a new lineup.

The longtime ABB singer and organist has faced several health problems this year, including bronchitis and a hurt wrist. He cancelled several Australian shows with his solo due to his injuries.

The Allman Brothers Band have played the Beacon 232 times since 1989. On-sale information for the two newly-added shows will be announced in the near future. The Allman Brothers Band will take the stage at Hunter, NY’s Mountain Jam this weekend.

Here a look at the band’s final itinerary

June 8 Hunter, NY—Mountain Jam
August 14-17 Scranton, PA—Peach Fest
September 7 Arrington, VA—Lockn’ Music Fest
October 21 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre (tickets for March 25 honored)
October 22 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre (tickets for March 26 honored)
October 24 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre (tickets for March 28 honored)
October 25 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre (tickets for March 29 honored)
October 27 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre
October 28 New York, NY—Beacon Theatre

Comments

Clive Bigsby June 2, 2014, 08:57:43

Allllllrighty then.

Karen. Verity June 2, 2014, 09:03:57

Wow how sad only last shows to be at the Beacon no Philly
Well boys here is to all your new ventures
Thanks for a real good time

Bullshit June 2, 2014, 09:14:04

No shows in the South?
No show in ATL or fucking Macon? So f’n weak!!!

Donna Reeder June 2, 2014, 09:17:33

Without Gregory, there is no ABB. Wishing him all the best, always and forever.

smmerbreze June 2, 2014, 09:27:53

No GA shows?!

Dan Harrison June 2, 2014, 09:29:38

This is certainly bittersweet, but I would like to thank the entire band for all the great music that has endured the test of time, and will certainly endure after were all gone. Peace and love to the greatest band ever. I am hoping to be one of the fortunate free to see that last show at tha Beacon. My favorite band at my favorite venue. Much luck inn all your future endevours , may the road go on forever….ABB❤️

Dan Harrison June 2, 2014, 09:29:39

Blue Sky June 2, 2014, 09:49:03

I say this with love…. I can’t help but wonder if there’s some bad blood between these guys. Between the false Oteil rumores, Warren and Dereks leaving, Gregg’s loose tongue, Greggs continual illness and the whole Midnight Rider death – it’s amazing that this band that’s been through so much, just to come out on the other side better than ever, should have to end it on such a disappointing note. Honestly I doubt they want to be on the road together and just are looking to end it. We could all have longed for a southern run but I just hope they put all aside and play 6 of the best shows of their lives. This band owes us nothing, they are and will always be one of the best. Much love boys. Eat a peach for peace

Michael June 2, 2014, 10:09:27

Would have been nice to give the fans who purchased the tickets for the last show in March (3/29) the last show on 10/28. I don’t think this was even given a thought.

Blooby June 2, 2014, 10:53:31

Dan Harrison, classy response.

jazzfester June 2, 2014, 11:06:26

Gentlemen, thank you. You will be missed. We owe so much for that which you have given. To echo an earlier post—Eat a peach for peace.

Jer June 2, 2014, 11:12:19

At the Wanee Festival in April, Gregg said the ABB is not splitting up even though Derrick and Warren are leaving the group. I saw Gregg May 28th and he still had his left hand wrapped and he didn’t look in good health at all. He has lost all of his weight. Maybe he has decided to call it quits.

pm June 2, 2014, 12:06:03

5 years to late

K June 2, 2014, 12:51:47

5 years too late? Nonsense. The ABB has played some GREAT shows in the last 5 years.

dk70 June 2, 2014, 14:29:40

I am just very happy they came back in 1989. I grew up on these guys and they left a void from the late 70s until then. Thank the guitar gods for Warren Haynes coming in and recreating those twin leads with Dickey.

Sweet Tooth June 2, 2014, 15:43:50

The Allman Brothers make history again by becoming the first band in rock & roll history to NOT cash in on a farewell tour! That is certainly a stat for the R&R Hall of Fame if there ever was one. Nice face-plant guys.

Enlightened Rouge June 2, 2014, 16:01:13

Anyone who has followed and seen this band over the years (my first show was in 1973) knows this band has broken up countless times only to resurface again…so what makes their statement “this is it” credible? You can count on one hand in the history of rock n’ roll the bands who bowed out gracefully retiring without then saying, “oh, we’re back.” ABB will alwys be my favorite band but stop the nonsense with all the contradictory statements.

Dick June 2, 2014, 16:02:29

Historically important and real ABB lasted from 1969-1976. After that it was mostly reunion/parody/classic rock mining for money.

Norman Findlay June 2, 2014, 16:20:09

I cannot imagine how different my life would have been if they didn’t come back in 89. Since then I have seen them liteally hundreds of times in Toronto, Rama, Vancouver, New York, Philadelphia, Erie, Scranton, Cleveland, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and probably a few other places too, heard a lot of great music, had a lot of good experiences and met some life long friends along the way! Thanks for a great ride!

Pearly Baker June 2, 2014, 19:45:25

I love this band and have seen them at there all time lows and highs but with Gregg’s recent odd statements and busted hand I have to wonder if he is not testing his new liver?

A tad disappointed... June 2, 2014, 20:12:15

I must say speaking personally I’m a tad disappointed (putting it mildly) if that is indeed their “final itinerary” and they’re not going to be playing Gathering of the Vibes at all. They’re playing every other major jam fest it seems, and GOTV is the most local major fest for me, and the only one I’ll be able to do this year, and I actually have never had the opportunity to see them Allmans in any capacity, despite being a huge fan of them as musicians (and yes I include Warren and Derek in that mix as they are two of my favorite guitarists). I already have too much on my plate show-wise this year, too, and due to monetary and time constraints I likely can’t make any additional shows, be that any of the Beacon shows, or any additional shows from any other bands I wish to see (like the brief King Crimson reunion NYC tour which I really want to catch), so I guess I’m just holding out some faint hope that “final shows” didn’t mean “final itinerary” as much as it meant those two October shows are in fact their final shows, but they might have more shows in the interim. That would still maybe leave room for Vibes.

Hear! Hear! June 2, 2014, 21:10:20

Nice, dk70. Ditto. And I would add Allan Woody to that statement.

Skydog June 3, 2014, 01:13:29

Enlightened Rogue, they haven’t broken up “countless times”, they’ve broken up twice. This, unfortunately, is almost certainly it for them. I think it’s obvious that Gregg’s medical condition is a little more serious than bronchitis and a busted arm. They probably intended to replace Derek and Warren at first, but Gregg is really struggling health-wise, so they must have abandoned the search for replacements and decided to call it quits.

Ed Horst June 3, 2014, 01:57:26

No Florida shows,too bad..

dano June 3, 2014, 16:48:59

Ummm… No Red Rocks? W. T. F.

OBR June 4, 2014, 01:09:42

ABB may have started at the Big House, but their journey led them to the Beacon, and that is a fine place to end it. Thank Warren, Derek, Woody & Jack Pearson for bringing some of the finest music in American history to millions who may never had heard it. The original band is an icon in our country’s musical history. And, of course, thank you to Duane.

Barbara smith June 12, 2014, 15:27:13

What? You know Macon it a MUST!!!!!