Published: 2014/06/03

Ex-Obama Aides Join HeadCount Board of Directors

President Barack Obama’s former Chief of Staff Peter Rouse and former Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations Alyssa Mastromonaco have joined HeadCount’s Board of Directors. As reported by Politico, the two political operatives and longtime Deadheads were invited into the fold by Grateful Dead guitarist and HeadCount boardmember Bob Weir.

Both Mastromonaco and Rouse started working with Obama during his Senate days, though both are no longer a part of his administration. Rouse now works as a policy adviser for a law firm, while Mastromonaco—who has also attended upwards of 40 Phish shows—is helping the President prepare his library.

In related news, HeadCount will celebrate its 10th anniversary at the Brooklyn Bowl tomorrow night with a performance by Bob Weir & RatDog with special guests Marc Brownstein, Brendan Bayliss, Eric Krasno, Ryan Zoidis and Eric Bloom. A few unannounced guests are also expected to appear at the sold out show, which will be streamed via TourGigs for those at home.

Founded in 2004, HeadCount is a non-partisan organization best known for registering voters at concerts and festival across the country. The group has helped get 300,000 people added to voter rolls since its inception, while also getting young people and music lovers excited about politics. HeadCount has been recapping its decade-long history over the past few months with a special blog series, which you can check out here.

Comments

X June 3, 2014, 14:09:26

But sure its a bipartisan org…...riiiigghhhhtt we dont care who you vote for just as long as you vote? why dont I believe you

Headcount is a fraud June 3, 2014, 14:34:45

I know more than one person who has registered at a concert only to discover that they were not registered when they tried to vote. It just so happens that they registered as Republicans. Some Headcount volunteers are just plain sketchy.

Craig June 3, 2014, 14:59:38

^^^ Sounds like bullshit to me. They’re definitely liberal at HeadCount but they’re not dishonest. If anything, they go out of their way to be non-partisan as fuck because they know how people view them. I’ve volunteered with them before and I’d be really surprised if they were throwing out Republican voter registrations. You’re friends probably don’t know how to fill out a form

Typical June 3, 2014, 17:42:48

Yeah – huge shocker! You have to have an I.D. to go see an “R” movie, but the libs think I.D. requirements to vote are “disenfranchising” to the bottom feeders looking for a handout.

blah June 3, 2014, 20:46:04

Typical gets an A+ for use of racist code words.

TCinNYC June 3, 2014, 21:01:58

Congrats to Andy B, Brownie, Bobby and everyone else at Head Count on10 years of important & hard work. You guys are doing great, keep I going, and have fun at the show.

It's time to wake up America ! June 3, 2014, 23:48:48

www.usdebtclock.org

Losers June 4, 2014, 09:32:44

I supported this group until I was with Brownie in NYC at a benefit. He went into some bogus political rant that was driven by whatever he had consumed. He sounded so absurd and delusional that when I asked about Head Count being non partisan he about popped like a blood vessel in Charlie Sheens head. These guys should get checked out to make sure they are using their finances appropriately. Also as a lifelong democrat, why is it an accomplishment to hire anyone from my party’s most embarrassing leader of all time? NSA VA ACA -17trillion #cant blame bush and Boehner forever #just because I’m happy we butted our historic racism and had a historic election in 2004 doesn’t mean I won’t say the president embarrasses our party every day. I honestly am surprised a Burger King would hire these two staffers. Nothing like something with bisco involved to show you just how poorly decisions can be made that sound good. Maybe if we sink in to the 20s on the approval rating for the administration we can get Joe Biden to run Nugs.net,???!!!

'Chief of Staff' June 4, 2014, 09:40:04

Peter Rouse was the interim Chief of Staff for about 2 months between staff changes. He was an unconfirmed place holder. It’s like saying Carl Perazzo was in Phish in 1996 because he played 10/31 and 11/1. Typical bs involving the east coast friends of JB.com.

Hahahahah June 4, 2014, 09:43:57

Alyssa Mastomonaco has no qualifications for much, so I am not suprised her highlights are Phish shows. Everyone knows she is only employed because she is married to Harry Reid’s Chief of Staff. Congrats to brownie!! these are total ballers they got here lololololol. Did they try to get Sash and Malia first for the board? They have more reach than Harry Reid’s staffers wife hahahahahahah.

nickt1631 June 4, 2014, 10:36:56

It’s no BS, Craig. I registered, excuse me, thought I registered when I was 18 with Head Count only to find out months later that nothing was done with my form. I thought it was a fluke and didn’t make much of it until about 5 years ago I filled out a change of address form with them at the ‘Roo. I go to vote in my State and local elections at what I thought was my polling place and get told I’m still registered at my old address in another county. Didn’t get to vote in any of my local elections. Head Count has got a bunch of whacko volunteers and probably some that are on the payroll.

Brian O'Connell June 4, 2014, 21:19:45

Remember friends, the key here is to stay focused on the Marxist Dialectic.