Published: 2014/06/12

Phish Release Studio Version of "555"

Phish have unveiled the studio version of “555” from their forthcoming album, Fuego. The Mike Gordon and Scott Murawski-penned track is now the third song from the new LP (after “Waiting All Night” and “The Line”) to be posted by the band ahead of the album’s release.

As previously reported, Fuego is set to drop on June 24. The Bob Ezrin-produced album is set to be the band’s first studio release since 2009’s Joy.

Comments

Oh my god June 12, 2014, 18:05:48

This is one of the best studio tracks I have ever heard. Mike has for 20 years been trying to machinate Little Feat songs into one groove or song. Finally he has replicated his skin it back. At about the two minute mark I realized I had tears rolling down my face. Each bass note is more prolific than that which it follows. It’s as if Trey has realized the talent in the band and finally sat back. He is yet a side player to this show who Mike could have replaced on a whim. I can’t wait for a Mike heavy set with an early Roggae and the finishing combo of 555>Yarmouth Road>555>Possum. This is going to be the most creative Summer since June of 1994. They already threw down a massive gauntlet in New Orleans. That is like 6.11.94 Red Rocks and we all know what followed that month.

Clive Bigsby June 12, 2014, 16:09:34

Save some for the release fellows.

Clive Bigsby June 12, 2014, 16:10:38

I love it.

Charles De Mar June 12, 2014, 16:24:01

Come on Dave the Slave, let er rip

Steve June 12, 2014, 16:38:53

Funkarific!

Craig June 12, 2014, 16:55:27

Wait…. this is actually pretty good. I guess we all knew 555 and Fuego would be the best tracks but I’m still pleasantly surprised I don’t hate it

Clive Bigsby June 12, 2014, 17:00:16

I think I like this the best out of the 3 they released, with Waiting All Night being runner up.

Dave the slave June 12, 2014, 17:55:25

Poor Bob Ezrin must be about ready to shoot himself. No studio tricks he can come up with can put some lipstick on this pig. Maybe he can talk them into recording some old Alice Cooper songs. That might have a half a chance of not sucking completely. Yep, got to love Phish 3.0.
Stay strong Phish phans stay strong.

Dave the slave June 12, 2014, 18:04:43

I love sucking balls.

clive bigsby June 12, 2014, 19:02:38

I love to eat cat food

Clive Bigsby June 12, 2014, 19:25:31

I love cats, but not cat food. BELIEVE IT!

Yo mama June 12, 2014, 20:00:17

Tour w/ horns

Peachhead June 12, 2014, 20:07:36

Jesus it’s ok but not oh my god good

timmy June 12, 2014, 20:52:19

another gordo snooze fest.

Tater Nation June 13, 2014, 01:47:31

Bing bong, rollie jays dude…

johnny d June 13, 2014, 07:43:51

Very good. Fuego is getting much better then the original wingsuit. Looking forward to saratoga it’s gonna rage

Cactus June 13, 2014, 08:31:29

this tune rocks.

Who cares June 13, 2014, 09:14:59

Yea but what will it sound like without all of Ezrin’s tricks??? No horns, no backup singers(people who can actually sing), NO THANKS

Dave the Slave June 13, 2014, 10:32:34

By the way, did you guys know I am bisexual?

Dave the slave June 13, 2014, 10:39:20

It’s true. My roots are as poor trailer trash. You can find my greasy, semi-toothless mug at juggalo gatherings from time to time, especially at THE gathering of the juggalos bouncing between the fattest, dirtiest trailer trash girls I can find. But then, I have my strong desires for transvestite truckers. Really any truckers that will pay for my services are ok, but the transvestites I’d probably do for free if they’d allow me to. If I could find an obese trailer trash girl that would be ok with having a live-in transvestite trucker, I think my life would be complete. I’m a long way from that, though. Living in the bushes behind a library currently, trying to scrape up enough cash to go on Phish tour or find a new place to rent.

Otto June 13, 2014, 11:19:48

Leave thew Juggalos alone Dave the thought slave. They know way more about being good family than you ever will.

Dave the slave June 13, 2014, 11:30:06

I agree, nothing says family like 5 oz of meth, 4 cases of Natural Ice, and women so immense that they exert a noticeable gravitational field.

Dave the slave June 13, 2014, 14:26:07

What can I say. My Clone has issues. I think he has drug problems and needs an intervention. But most Phish fans have the same issues. If they weren’t high they wouldn’t be able to stand the crappy music produced by Phish. And please tell that drummer to buy some pants. Freak!!!!

Slave Sack June 13, 2014, 14:50:23

Dave and Clive fuck each other

Dave the slave June 13, 2014, 14:57:03

I’ve offered, but he never seemed interested. God knows I need the money. Would you like to have a go?

Clive Bigsby June 13, 2014, 16:59:03

You are an idiot Slave Sack. I am Anti-Dave the Slave. DUH!

Slave Sack June 13, 2014, 17:44:28

Clive and Dave Slave are Jerry Sandusky prodigy’s and should be neutered and jailed immediately. Send them to Putin!

DJ DAMAGE June 13, 2014, 21:22:26

Slave Sack & clive-o, spend a few days working out lifting each other’s jockstraps and perhaps you will be able to collectively carry D the S’...The man has depth, passion & insight that has not been witnessed since pre-Cuba Hemingway ( the rum, the boat, the girls, the fish…)...Long live D the S!!!!

Branden OTTO June 15, 2014, 14:12:43

who is this other otto?

Dave the slave June 17, 2014, 01:51:31

Phish are my favorite band ever, and the only reason I’ve failed so many times to come to terms with my love for their incredible music is because every time I hear “Reba”, I think they’re saying “f*ggot” instead of “bag it”. It causes me great emotional distress to think that my favorite band of all time would insult me just because I love sucking the wrinkly ballsacks of 80 year old men. On second thought, I can’t say Phish are my favorite band ever. Associating my lust for ballsacks and wangs as shriveled as prunes with Phish’s great musical talents is beyond insulting to Phish. Wearing a dress on stage might be an act of cross dressing, but me gobbling the balls of elderly men is downright depraved. So, in summation, listen to Phish, enjoy the tour, have a great time. Just don’t be me. I’m a disgusting, vile human being who loves to have my face covered with the spooge of the senile.