Published: 2014/06/18

Phish to Play Live On Letterman Set

Phish will perform a special Live on Letterman set on June 24 beginning at 8 PM ET. The set will be webcast live from the Ed Sullivan Theater on CBS.com. The performance will coincide with the release of their latest album Fuego due out on the same day. The band will also perform on Late Show with David Letterman prior to the performance.

Phish is running a contest to win tickets to the very limited show through their website. To win tickets to the show, share a photo of your best interpretation of any song from Fuego by Noon on June 20 for your chance to win.

To submit a photo entry, post your photos to Instagram or Twitter and tag them with #PhishFuego and the name of the song you’ve chosen. Each winner will receive two tickets to Live on Letterman.

Comments

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 11:23:30

Woooohooo!! how awesome is this going to be? I would do anything, literally ANYTHING, to get to this show. Life is looking up. Come Jule 23rd, I am at the Gathering of the Juggalos. I got a new meth connection, have been slinging like a boss, and moved from behind the library into an abandoned building across the street from a Starbucks. Free wifi and a roof over my head, and plenty of walls to tweak out on. I spent the last couple hours taking apart a clock radio, breaking it down into its most simple components so that i could understand its inner workings and talk to god. So far no new girlfriend, but I’m working on it. See you on Phish Tour!!!

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 11:24:39

This must be one of Letterman’s stupid human tricks.

halfkiwi June 18, 2014, 11:30:16

Dave is such a pathetic moron!
What life must be like to sit and wait for the next Phish post, so he can make another self absorbed comment…...........................

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 11:40:14

My name is like a spinning lure in front of a trout. People will just bite at it like mindless Phish. No end of haters in this world, that’s for sure. It’s all peace, love, and happiness… until the other guy is a transvestite trucker-loving, greasy obese trailer trash girl banging, meth cooking, homeless person. Don’t judge me.

Clive Bugsby June 18, 2014, 11:44:27

Halhkiwi is such a dick.

halfkiwi June 18, 2014, 12:01:29

Speaking of hate, just what is it that you hate about Phish dave?

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 12:08:21

I hate nothing about Phish. I really like them actually. It’s my clone that hates Phish. First Tube is a great song, I have masturbated 16 times to it in one day attempting to climax at the same time the song does.

Clive Bigsby June 18, 2014, 12:09:30

halfkiwi that is not me saying that, someone is stealing my net handle. I can’t wait for the Charlotte Show, the whole Fuego CD is great.

halfkiwi June 18, 2014, 12:18:30

Right on Clive!
I can’t wait either…..........

Mike June 18, 2014, 12:21:09

Dave the Slave is awesome… lighten up people.

dave the slave June 18, 2014, 12:22:03

The reason I hate Phish? Do to the fact that I don’t take massive amounts of drugs I can see they them for what they truly are. A bunch of talentless hacks. The only people that can tolerate their alleged music are people so high on drugs they can’t tell the difference. And the drummer needs to get some pants.

Clive Bugsby June 18, 2014, 12:24:33

Halfkiwi=Halfwit.

halfkiwi June 18, 2014, 12:36:17

Um…that would be “due to the fact”

dave the slave June 18, 2014, 12:48:39

ok, the truth is that I am just pushing all of your buttons. Any wasteoid out there can tell that Phish can play. They are monsters when it comes to rocking an arena or sweaty fest. And for Christ’s sake guys: dave the SLAVE, put 2 and 2 together.

marco escaundolas June 18, 2014, 12:55:28

i don’t take massive amounts of drugs(just the right amount) and still enjoy phish. to say they’re talentless hacks is like saying hippies dont shit in the woods(it’s just not true). They are prob. the best live band you could see of our generation(under 30). the juggalo/wifi comment was pretty good though ill give you that. Hey dave keep calm and go fuck yourself

halfkiwi June 18, 2014, 13:10:14

Yay Dave!
I was hoping that you were just “phishin”.

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 13:37:30

I have not touched a woman since the last millenium.

Dave the slave June 18, 2014, 13:44:46

My clone lies. Having an extreme obsession with unwashed trailer trash women, I met one and had her move into a trailer I was renting. At that time, she could still walk, but her insatiable desire for Burger King Whoppers at literally all hours of the day eventually rendered her bed ridden. Meanwhile, I was cooking up rocks like you wouldn’t believe, but my landlord found out and evicted us. This was a real blow. They had to remove her from the trailer using the jaws of life, several chainsaws, a crane, and an 18-wheeler with a flatbed. Once aboard they strapped her down with those ratchet ties you get at The Home Depot. The stench of her removal was overpowering as she had been unable to wipe her ass for many months and the bucket I had beneath a hole in the mattress to catch her waste products was tipped over by one of the extraction crew. So yes, I have touched a woman recently, and way more woman that you, I guarantee it.

ChiSkins June 18, 2014, 16:33:07

an amazing imagination you got their DTS. the sh+t that is pouring out of your mouth is hilarious keep it coming
ps although i still see 3-5 shows a year, i miss 98 badly
Chicago in the summer gonna rage Wheres my Alpine shows you sh+theads?

Dave the Slave June 18, 2014, 19:24:32

I am Dave the Slave. We are all Dave the Slave.

wtf June 18, 2014, 19:25:25

Remember when Phish did this in the 90s and it was awesome?

Clive Bigsby June 18, 2014, 20:19:33

While I groove to Phish I love to eat cat food.
So good.

phish food June 19, 2014, 01:17:00

Sooo will citrus gallons be at this letterman show….or is it bring your own tank like most phish shows

SNOOZEFEST! June 19, 2014, 09:17:08

They will be handing out pillows at the door of the ed sullivan theatre!! SNOOOZE FEST 14!! YAAAAWWWWNNN!!

russ June 19, 2014, 16:40:19

Oh is is awesome but the best live band I disagree!!!! That would be Widespread Panic folks!!

marco escudandolas June 20, 2014, 04:25:17

my bad russ i meant to say one of the best WIIIIIIDE SPREEEEAAAAD PANIC! shorten up the comments dave

STARSHIP TROOPER June 22, 2014, 12:57:39

PHISH is the real deal. Stop all the bashing.Share all the wonderous stories. Going for the one ...........

Dave the slave June 27, 2014, 01:21:42

Phish were amazing on Letterman. Blistering versions of “46 Days” and one of my favorite tunes, “Undermind”. The new material worked pretty well, too.

Noodles June 28, 2014, 20:22:30

Dave is just a bit twisted on meth, but probably has a job writing for the Post. Not sure which Post, but one of em. This will be a FORTY YEAR OLD birthday bash and I only miss the 90’s because back then girls still attended the Phish shows, boobs out and all, at a decent ratio. The music was jamming, sure, and no spray on hair was required. Now, they are all half bald, even Gordon with his funky looking Chester cut. But that’s cool, they still party just at the AARP chapter. They are members now, ya know. 2000 was fun as was Fest 8 in Cali. Enjoy your 20’s swinging D’s. Make some money and move out of mummy’s house though nerds. It’s on … Fuego! That means F U if all haven’t figured that one out yet. Just suck on some h crack and say the word twice