Published: 2014/06/18

Shovels & Rope Announce Tour Dates

Shovels & Rope, the acoustic husband and wife duo from Charleston, SC, will hit the road in July for an extensive tour in support of their forthcoming album Swimmin’ Time due out August 26 via Dualtone Music.

The album includes thirteen new songs that maintain a subtle aquatic theme throughout and will serve as the follow up to their debut release O’ Be Joyful. Consult the full tour schedule below.

Shovels & Rope Tour Dates:

October 10 Athens, GA—Georgia Theatre ^

(*) with The Avett Brothers
(#) with Old Crow Medicine Show
(^) with John Fullbright

Comments

Clive Bigsby June 18, 2014, 15:18:21

Love, love love this group.

KB June 18, 2014, 15:42:44

I saw them here in their hometown of Charleston in the fall. I was underwhelmed with their live performance. They better bring their A game or John Fullbright will blow them off the stage.

Lorraine Brasteter June 18, 2014, 17:46:34

Best duo around. They kick ass, cant wait to see them in Philly!

Athens gal June 18, 2014, 17:56:45

I have seen them at least 4 times over the last 4 years and every time they blow the roof off of the place. Are you sure you didn’t see someone else KB?

Sam June 18, 2014, 18:08:56

I saw them at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans and also thought they were underwhelming. The album isn’t bad though.

Danny Robinson June 18, 2014, 22:47:43

ShoRo is an amazing band, period. They are writing better songs than most bands/musicians out today and on top of that they are 2 of the nicest most down to earth people you could ever meet. If you didn’t think it was amazing the first time then see them again. If they still don’t tickle your fancy then you might need to have your hearing checked and your head examined.

KB June 19, 2014, 08:41:36

I’m sure it was Shovels and Rope, said it on the ticket, the sign, the tshirts, and hats. I’m with Sam, I love their albums but the show was kind of bland. Danny, contrary to your belief, music isn’t universal. It’s ok if everyone doesn’t love everything all of the time. So if I didn’t enjoy the show that doesn’t mean i need to get my ears checked or my head examined, you tool.

Clive Bigsby June 19, 2014, 09:03:10

See them in an intimate club, then you will be overwhelmed.

KB June 19, 2014, 13:28:52

I saw them at the Charleston Music Hall. It holds about 800-1000. It was pretty intimate and I love that venue and it was their big homecoming shows after blowing up on the festival circuit. I thought their playing was kind of erratic and they seemed to be pretty tanked. The husband was solid on guitar but I didn’t want to dance at all and that’s what I want to do at a live show.