Published: 2014/06/20

Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams Join Hot Tuna at Capitol Theatre

Hot Tuna took the stage last night at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY for an electric show that included a pair of special guests. Larry Campbell joined the band for the entire set on guitar while Teresa Williams jumped on stage to sing at various points during the set.

Williams added her voice to “Children of Zion,” “Angel of Darkness,” “Bar Room Crystal Ball,” “Wade in the Water,” “Chauffer Blues” and a cover of the Grateful Dead’s “Sugaree” that preceded the set closing “Funky #7.”

Here’s a look at the setlist from last night:

Hot Tuna
The Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY

Second Chances, Children of Zion*, Angel of Darkness*, Can’t Get Satisfied, I See The Light, Bar Room Crystal Ball*, Water Song, Bowlegged Woman, Wade in the Water*, Rock Me Baby, Chauffer Blues*, Sugaree*, Funky #7

Enc: Hit Single #1

Notes: *w/Teresa Williams

Comments

Joshua Katt June 20, 2014, 14:10:18

Saw them guest with Furthur Nov ’11 at MSG and it was the greatest concert of my 50 yo life. Saw them with Phil at the Cap a few months ago and a total dud. Don’t know what to see now…

dubs June 20, 2014, 14:13:42

A-mazing show, last night. Larry really seemed to be enjoying the dynamics of the Hot Tuna experience. Theresa’s contributions were terrific, as well. It all just felt so right. Leon Russell opened and while his vocals have been in decline for a few years now, his body of work is just awesome, love hearing those tunes. Of course, the Capitol brings it’s own magic to an evening such as this. Not to be missed.

Kranmar Mystery Delicious June 20, 2014, 14:33:01

Hot F’in Tuna!
I’m headed for Westbury Music Fair tonight and tomorrow to Bergen Performance Arts Center. Just can’t get enuff of that funky #7 stuff!

Paul June 21, 2014, 06:37:17

Thought they were AWESOME with Tuna last night. Was also at the P & F show a couple months back at the Capitol and have to disagree with the guy who posted. I thought Larry and Teresa were superb with P & F. That was a fantastic show as well.

Stevenmeinster June 22, 2014, 00:22:46

It only took twenty years for us to get a real hot tuna concert with no friends please do more 3or4pc shows we need jamming hot tuna today bring back the past Jorma and jack had a great time doing this show check out my hot tuna reviews on YouTube search stevenmeinster

Charles McGarry July 1, 2014, 00:21:04

This was my first visit to The Capitol Theatre since 1975, and it felt like going home; especially when they played Sugaree and the Water Song (the latter I hadn’t heard them play in years). I had seen the tour in Dallas in January, but that show was an acoustic show after being advertised as an Electric show, I prefer the electric band in any venue over 900 capacity. Larry Campbell is great; I saw him at a Midnight Ramble in Woodstock – he needs to tour more and come see us in Texas!