Published: 2014/07/01

Lockn’ Festival Adds String Cheese & The Gang, Derek & Susan, Taj Mahal Acoustic, Dumpstaphunk

The Lockn’ Festival has added a number of artists to the lineup for this year’s event. Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi (performing a special acoustic set), Dumpstaphunk, Taj Mahal Acoustic and Tauk will now be performing at the festival. Additionally, Lockn’ has also confirmed that the String Cheese Incident will be teaming up with Kool & The Gang’s JT Taylor and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band for a String Cheese & The Gang set.

String Cheese & The Gang will headline Thursday night, while Taj Mahal Acoustic will play a late night at the Triangle on Thursday and Saturday and Dumpstpahunk will do a late night at the Shakedown Stage on Thursday. Tauk will perform on one of the main stages on Friday, with Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi playing an after show at the Triangle on the same night.

The new artists join a lineup that already includes Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Furthur, The Allman Brothers Band, Wilco, Widespread Panic (including a performance with Steve Winwood), Phil Lesh and Friends, The String Cheese Incident, Umphrey’s McGee, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Bob Weir & RatDog, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Gary Clark Jr, Wilie Nelson, Hot Tuna Acoustic and many more.

In related news, Lockn’ has also revealed that single day tickets will be going on sale next Tuesday, July 8 at 10am ET. Head over to Relix.com to find out how to enter to win a pair of 4-day passes to this year’s festival.

Lockn Festival

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
The Allman Brothers Band
Furthur
Phil Lesh & Friends
Bob Weir & Ratdog
Del McCoury Band
Widespread Panic (including performance with Steve Winwood)
Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi
The String Cheese Incident (including String Cheese & The Gang set)
Tedechi Trucks Band
Tauk
The Revivalists
No BS Brass Band
Rockn’ To Lockn’ Winner

Comments

Dave the slave July 1, 2014, 10:22:14

I would cut my own dick off to get to this festival. Honest to god.

PhishLover July 1, 2014, 10:36:19

In that case, Dave, you can have my ticket.

Dave the slave July 1, 2014, 10:41:38

I have to agree with my clone. That is one hell of a lineup.

UMphan July 1, 2014, 10:43:04

Why is Umphreys not headlining? This is crap. A bunch of washed up has been acts and even that Colorado drug band that Umphreys surpassed a decade ago steal the best spots from Umphreys. I am going with my UM crew and band guys but this is a pathetic kick down to these old man bands. The new album just came out. Band Management is readying to announce it going Platinum and the biggest best band plays before some old druggies and drunks. I can’t wait to be swinging my UM swag so hard that everyone wants to just see them. The scene has been so hype and sexy since UMbowl. It’s like we are going to have to teach the entire Lockn crowd about guitar playing and throwing down in 2014 with all the freaks. I can’t friggin wait until arenas and stadiums next year so UM and us close to the guys don’t deal with this type of low level festival stuff anymore. Pull that puppet string yo!

Dave the slave July 1, 2014, 10:50:25

It’s really saying something because I’ve been abusing my genitals like crazy last couple days.

Easy July 1, 2014, 11:21:10

Sorry UMphan, Umphries has not surpassed the Colorado Drug bands or as you call it washed up bands. Umphries doesn’t have as many fans as you want them to have. They do have a good following and will bring out a crowd. They are good dont get me wrong, but if you think they are bigger than panic or cheese then you are living in a dream world.

UM Fan Here July 1, 2014, 11:57:30

I’m a huge Umphrey’s fan, travel the country to see them more than any other band that I follow. But to act like they are above Panic, Cheese and the Dead at this point is just not true. Please tell me the last time you saw Bobby or Phil at a festival that they were not headlining? Throw in that this is the only Furthur show of the year, and it’s easy to see why they have the times they do. My only hope is that UM at least gets a show after dark, don’t want Waful to go to waste. Also worth mentioning that Joel said on twitter just this week that the times have not been set in stone yet.

gratefulterp July 1, 2014, 12:38:18

It’s an old man fest. you don’t have to dig it, but that’s where it’s at!

Don July 1, 2014, 13:57:14

Dave: The whole thing will be Webcast I am fairly sure. Sit back at home and enjoy the festival for much less money and hassel

Greg Mulehead July 2, 2014, 12:51:26

UmPhan=idiot troll. Saw UM at a “daytime” slot at Wanee a few years ago and it was fantastic, as is this entire lineup. Wish I could go. Love TTB but Derek and Susan acoustic sounds very cool as does String Cheese & The Gang. Get Down On It!

jonna July 3, 2014, 14:12:56

where is the shakedown stage going to be?