Published: 2014/07/01

Phish to Play Fallon

Phish will perform on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on July 14. The news comes just as the band prepares to kick off its summer tour at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA.

As previously reported, Phish celebrated the release of their new album, Fuego, by performing “The Line” on The Late Show with David Letterman last Tuesday. The band also played a longer set for a Live On Letterman webcast on the same day.

In related news, Relix has named Fuego one of the 40 best albums of the first half of 2014.

Comments

Dave the slave July 1, 2014, 22:44:30

Right on. Another reason to hate Jimmy Fallon.

ray vann July 1, 2014, 23:10:45

Yes agreed. Maybe you should cut your dick off in protest, or at least the tip/head? Really what use is it anyways.

Slave the Rave July 2, 2014, 08:09:16

Jimmy Fallon’s gonna be making some serious cringe faces while Phish shits on his stage.

Dave the slave July 2, 2014, 09:29:47

Best comedian ever hosting the best band ever. Does it get any better? No, it does not. Ray, I have been on a couple of marathon masturbation sessions lately, and I’ll tell you, the soreness and rawness that has resulted has given me cause to cut the sucker off. Meth gives me an obsessive-compulsive need to climax at the exact moment of the climax in the 3/6/09 version of First Tube. You know, the part where it goes from the BA-WAH-WAH BA-WAH-WAH melody to the CHARAAAAANG CHARAAAAAANG chords of the bridge. I can almost get there, but as you can imagine, getting the timing down is a fine art, and one that I have not yet perfected. As I reported earlier, in order to relieve the constant friction, I constructed a homemade fleshlight out of ABS pipe I salvaged from the abandoned building I am living in, bubble wrap, and fruit pies. Well, not the whole fruit pies, just the filling. They are cheap and you can get 1 for 99 cents at 7-11, which somewhat relieves the spending conflict I have with the money that I earn sucking off truckers to pay for my meth habit. Less money spent on fruit pies is more money to feed that mother loving monkey that’s constantly humping my back. But I digress. The fleshlight did not function quite as I had envisioned, and in fact, I believe another few hours in the planning stage would have revealed this was a bad result. Living in a building with no running water means I cannot wash off the sticky mixture that results from my gyrations, and the Starbucks across the street has banned me for life for soliciting while dressed in a pink tutu pulled up over a trenchcoat. That was a whole other story and had me hiding out from the cops for days. This society can be so bigoted and cruel sometimes.

Dave the slave July 2, 2014, 10:29:41

Clone you are so wrong. We all know Will Ferrell is the best comic around. As far as you other activities maybe you should look into some new hobbies. Just saying.

Dave the slave July 3, 2014, 11:30:22

Will Ferrell hosting Phish on funny or die: The premise… I’ve invited my favorite band and favorite comedian over to my “house” to watch me use my new and improved homemade fleshlight, now with additional fiberglass. Phish is gonna play Winterqueen while I viciously make love to my ABS pipe, and right at the point that Winterqueen doesn’t suck (when troys not singing), I climax, Ferrell tells a joke about not using meth and thats the bit. They said theyre gonna intersperse shots of me with truck drivers to get the full effect. I’m so happy I’m finally gonna make it big, hoping that people will come from far and wide to see me climax into a tube over winterqueen so I can make money without having to blow truckers. Then I can get back to my true passion… blowing truckers for free