Published: 2014/07/02

Phish’s Fuego Marks Group’s Highest Charting Album Since 1996

Phish’s twelfth studio album, Fuego, came in at number seven on the Billboard 200, marking the band’s highest charting album since 1996’s Billy Breathes. Moving 32,000 units in its first week, the album is Phish’s 32nd charting effort and it’s first top-10 since 1998’s Story of the Ghost, which peaked at No. 8.

As previously reported, Phish amped up their promotional cycle this time around with performances on Late Show with David Letterman as well as a scheduled slot on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon set for July 14. The band also made their Live on Letterman debut following the June 24 release of the new album.

Comments

Clive Bigsby July 2, 2014, 12:11:33

Great job guys! Great record! Great tour opener!

Dave the slave July 2, 2014, 12:14:15

And what an album it is, every track a winner except for the atrocious Wombat.

Dave the slave July 2, 2014, 12:14:28

This album is the tits. I know many of you are jaded 1.0 vets, but for me, a 3.0 nooble mcnoobleton, i found this album to be worthy of better than a #7 slot. I would cut off the tip of my penis for this band.

The Tip of Dave the slaves penis July 2, 2014, 12:17:22

I am finally free! I used to be attached to a complete douchebag, and now I am free!

Aaron July 2, 2014, 13:45:53

Wow, go Phish! Still bringing it.

Puckhead July 2, 2014, 13:53:56

@dave the slave, you mean winterqueen… Haha

Midstation SInglechair July 2, 2014, 14:16:50

A man named Wilson said “Got To Have that Wombat!!” Love this tune and the whole record. It is rapidly nearing the top of my all-time favorite studio Phish releases since grooving along the southern Vermont highways listening to a brand-new “Picture of Nectar”.

DJ Damage July 3, 2014, 11:37:22

@Puckhead, I believe my friend did mean winterqueen, he gets confused sometimes on account of all the meth. He’s a sucker for self punishment, it’s the only way he can become sexually aroused, listening to songs that are awful especially winterqueen. His “happy time with the ABS pipe” playlist consists of taylor swift, winterqueen, and selena gomez all playing at the same time