Published: 2014/07/07

Bob Weir Returns to the Stage with RatDog

Bob Weir returned to the stage last night following an illness that forced him to miss Saturday’s show. RatDog went back to their two-set format, delivering takes on “Jack Straw,” “Bird Song,” “Tomorrow Never Knows,” “Johnny B. Goode” and more.

As previously reported, Weir was advised not to perform on Saturday night at The Palms in Las Vegas, NV due to an illness. The band soldiered on, with Jay Lane on vocals, and performed a one-set show.

Here’s a look at the setlist as it appears in our Box Scores section:

Bob Weir & RatDog
Humphrey’s Concerts by the Bay, San Diego, CA

Set I: Jam > Jack Straw, Queen Jane Approximately, She Says, Bird Song > Cassidy

Set II: Me and My Uncle, Mexicali Blues, Tomorrow Never Knows, Two Djinn > Stuff > Death Don’t Have No Mercy > Samson and Delilah

Enc: Johnny B. Goode

Comments

DJ Damage July 7, 2014, 11:01:35

Soooooo….Ol’ Buttfuckles Mc Twatt “returns” to the stage huh? Apparently getting out of Nevada and into California (no 24 hour bars or lenient pharmacies, etc.) is just what the Dr. (and the Nevada Sheriff’s office) ordered. Please BFMcT no more waitress groping. No more Double Long Island Ice Teas. No more Oxies before shows. Ideally, no more BFMcT!!!! I notice “Loose Lucy” was again left off the setlist, so perhaps things are headed in the right direction. Soo…BFMcT send the waitress a card & roses, count your belssings and get the HELL into ALCOHOLICS & NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ GO FUCKYOURSELF July 7, 2014, 11:15:36

we’re talking bobby weir here, have some respect. did we forget that this is rock n roll? getting messed up comes with the territory. If you could stay out of the jam world go have fun at bassnectar or whatever dj mctwatt youre talkin about. Fah Q

DJ Doosh July 7, 2014, 11:28:24

Bobby is a legend, don’t be jealous this 65 year old has more fun and gets more women than you do you sorry loser. We love you BOBBY!

DJ Damage July 7, 2014, 11:32:46

Uh, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Keith Moon, Brad Nowell, Shannon Hoon, Tommy Bolin..the list goes on forever. “Getting Messed Up”?????? Are you friggin’ kidding me? He hit that milestone eons ago. He’s in the “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” territiory. If you really cared about “bobby weir”, you’d tell him to RUN, not WALk to the nearest rehab facilty rather than enable or mollycoddle him. Get a life dude, which basically means crawl out of Mommy’s basement and get a job, a life, perspective, and most of all….take a bath! You stink!

timmy July 7, 2014, 12:00:25

@DJ Cocksucker: GD fans were enjoying art and helping to set up the “jam” scene before you fell out of a pussy in God knows where. Before you discovered how cool Bathsalts were, Bob Weir was helping to change the way we listened to live music forever. Whatever his flaws are, (do you have any?) he will wake up tomorrow, and still be a legend. And you will still be a soulless little prick, talking shit about a legend.

me July 7, 2014, 12:04:20

@DJ… You and Dave the slave come on here constantly and talk shit while hiding behind a keyboard… you add nothing to the conversation but hate and negativity… then when people call you and the other keyboard pussy out, you preach compassion. Personally, as much as I think you and Dave are punks, I don’t care how much you post, or what you have to say (not even a big Dead fan for that matter), so please don’t take this comment as anything but a simple response to your latest pathetic comments… to read your BS about caring about Bobby is a fucking joke… keep telling others to get a life… you really show your true self doing so… I can’t imagine two people more in need of getting a life than the two of you who waste your lives posting crap multiple times a day, every day of the week but I guess that is your life. PS… It’s been proven that those with a negative outlook on life have a shorter lifespan… think about that as you continue to post your negativity… and remember it when you near Bobby’s age… there’s a thing called respect and having it doesn’t mean you can’t be honest about a situation, it only means that you do so without being hateful. On that note, if the rumors have any merit, I sure hope Bobby gets some help cause it doesn’t sound good at all.

Texas Jake July 7, 2014, 12:06:17

DJ….
eat shit you twit!

DJ'S SUCK July 7, 2014, 12:09:12

NO DISRESPECT TO JIMI (HE’S MY FAVORITE GUITARIST/ARTIST OF ALL TIME) BUT IM PRETTY SURE BOBBY DIDN’T DROWND IN HIS OWN PILE OF VOMIT. Have a job, took a shower two hours ago, used deodorant, mom doesn’t have a basement and get a life, get real you moron. you wish you could’ve had a weekend like mine and bobby’s(pretty sure I got a little more hammered than he did). MERICA!!! Bobby can make his own decisions and I would prefer if he stayed out of rehab at least until after lockn.

mjb fresh July 7, 2014, 12:11:09

this is fun reading…

Clive Bigsby July 7, 2014, 12:19:35

Who needs Bob Weir when you got Phish.

DJ Damage July 7, 2014, 12:20:21

Wow! Thanks for the validation freakos! You’re the excpetions that prove the rule. I’m curious though…Isn’t Bobby married? So how many women is he getting? Wow, that’s upstanding. And someone wants him to stay f’d up until after Lockn? Well, that’s not at all selfish, now is it? Another thing, I don’t post anywhere near every day. I can though :) Sooooo…peace, love, pachooli, and bonhhits! DJ. Abiding.

catfish25 July 7, 2014, 12:36:55

This problem will not be solved until people learn the difference between dope and drugs.

Merg July 7, 2014, 12:42:32

The only mistake y’all are making is giving this tool a voice by responding to him.
Never understood the hating on Bobby thing. I’m much more of a P&F fan than I am of Ratdog, but he’s still one of the founders of my favorite band of all time. And without him, there would’ve been no Grateful Dead as we knew (and will forever continue to know) it.
As for DJ Douchebag, just let him spew his venom and maybe eventually he’ll go away. An empty vessel makes the loudest sound…

Kindlot July 7, 2014, 12:44:58

Hey now ignore the damage dude your giving him what he wants, pretend as if his comments don’t exist with no attention he will go ahead. The Vegas show was a bit of a bummer but we got a full refund and Ratdog carried on and there sick moments. Especially the instrumental Stella. The only truly rough part was the Loser but they were getting warmed up. After three nights of Panic over at the Hard Rock a lot of us were pretty burnt anyways. I felt for Ratdog more than Bobby at that moment, they were left in a rough one and Jay had to read the lyrics. Jay said damn after all these years you think I would have learned the lyrics.The real bummer being 50 myself I always wonder if it is my last show. By the end everyone was groovin and hey free show and my positive karma came back on the way out when I hit $205 bucks on a $20 waiting for the wife to pick me up.

doug mlyn July 7, 2014, 12:49:08

Being in rock and roll is no excuse for being an addict. There are plenty of rock and roll legends that are clean and sober and at the top of their game.

KB July 7, 2014, 13:26:55

Everyone look up internet trolls in the dictionary or urban dictionary.com or wherever you look shit up these days. Dave and DJ are trolls. They get off on riling everyone up, it’s the highlight of their day. Just don’t respond and they can stay in their sad little worlds all by themselves. If nobody responded the silence would be deafening. They clearly put a lot of thought and energy into their posts. They even proofread (which I appreciate being an English teacher). Just ignore them; they will go away, kind of.

Samuel D Begler July 7, 2014, 13:45:57

if bob is partying so hard that he missed a show or the quality of his performance is suffering he needs to slow down or quit partying. if he is not, and is just sick due to his age and past decades of partying and his the quality of his performance is suffering, he needs to slow down or quit playing. i love bob and hope he recovers fully from WHATEVER the problem is he needs to be HONEST with himself and the fans. i personally would rather he played ten amazing shows in a year than 50 mediocre ones….....that is all.

Robert July 7, 2014, 14:28:38

He’s a good dude and a regular person. Why must fans delve into a performers personal life, don’t we all have bad days? I’ve seen great shows and so-so ones, and if you don’t expect the bumps go see Celine Dion.

Jerry July 7, 2014, 14:39:32

It’s bobby come on he has gave so many years of music and memories who cares if he gets wrecked and misses a show !!! I mean come on either way no one has proof if he was wrecked and that’s the reason he missed the show !!!

skullsplitter July 7, 2014, 15:18:57

DJ Damage, Go fuck yourself.
If you don’t like Bob and/or the Dead, fine. The rest of us don’t give a flying FUCK what you think or what your particular problem is, although it is clear: You are a miserable ASSHOLE who has no respect for anyone else’s opinion.

herk July 7, 2014, 15:56:52

Its not the point that he’s still ‘partying’. Its the unprofessionalism. Respect the ticket buying fans and get cleaned up (fix the issue). Or quit touring. Its a shame

DJ Damage July 7, 2014, 16:07:16

Schmeckledy-Doon! Thank you for the outpouring of love and gratification. Say whatever you want about m, but please, please, please don’t misspell my name (thanks skullsplitter)....You’re right of course, of course I’m a miserable ASSHOLE. Why else would I care so much about BFMcT??? I mean who hasn’t wanted to grope a cocktail waitress??? Or mix a few oxies (30’s!) and vodka?? Or get paid for not playing, I mean come on!

#MC_ONSNO July 7, 2014, 17:19:06

In the last ten days the following greats have canceled at the last minute or stormed off stage leaving angry crowds and a wake of blog H8Rs; Weir, Clapton, Allman and just today Dickey Betts. Did I miss anyone? Getting old SUCKS. Especially for non-H8Rs. Here’s to peace and healthy music players.

Cosmic July 7, 2014, 17:25:28

Damn, Bobby called in to work sick. Something that has rarely ever happened in nearly 50 years of working. Cut the dude some slack you judgmental douche nozzles.

L.Sommer July 7, 2014, 18:13:36

Bobby is leading the life he wants. Hope he is around and playing for us for many more years. He missed a show at 60+, shit I slept through a show in my 20s. Keep on keepin on brother, and thank you for a real good time!

DClubb July 7, 2014, 18:28:04

Didn’t booby pass out on stage not too long ago?? He’s heading down the wrong side of a one way street. The outcome not good….

J.flats July 7, 2014, 20:36:03

If a man among you have no sin upon his had may he cast a stone at me for playing in the band

GR8FULJOHN July 7, 2014, 20:50:35

To BJ DUMBASS or DJ DUMBASS (or what ever your handle is)
If you only had a clue of who you are talking about I believe you would shut your mouth.Bobby was spreading love and positive energy around the WORLD long before you were even a cum stain on your mother’s face the only thing you could spread is your mother’s legs you shit head.Sorry people I am not a hater but when it comes to idiots talking shit about someone that has literally changed thousands of lives in a positive way it kinda pisses me off.Sorry we missed you the other night Bobby get well and we will see you next time
Much love John and Janneans
PS tell the rest of the boys we said hi.

Wrecking krew July 7, 2014, 21:17:37

Dj damage ur a punk and if u said that to my face I would kill u. U r a pussy and would never say anything like that on lot bitch. And also for Clive phish sux ass a bunch of spoiled ass frat boys a bunch of what I call trustafarians u just have poor taste. But dj best watch ur back.

Wrecking krew July 7, 2014, 21:18:59

not a dumbass July 7, 2014, 21:22:54

This one’s for Clive. You obviously don’t get it. You don’t even understand how to use the english language. Just keep going to your Phish shows. The family doesn’t need you either.

Lesley July 7, 2014, 22:19:04

How about a little compassion folks?
The cause of Bobbys illness is irrelevant. Just take a step back and be grateful for all of the great times, tnes and tours you have gotten over the years.

me July 7, 2014, 22:39:27

Hey DJ… wasn’t it you who was wearing the grammar police uniform a few days ago… yeah, thought so… glad you’re enjoying the hate, I’d expect nothing less of a punk… as for those who are saying don’t feed the troll, why not? It’s the only thing the little boy has in his life… ain’t that right DJ? Love the weak sauce you have for responses :^)

Jjjj July 7, 2014, 23:11:06

Unsuscribe

Norma stitz July 7, 2014, 23:13:00

the DJ certainly is getting a rise tonight. DJ and Dave the slave are wise and only speak the truth . I love the douche trying to reason that terrible instrumental Stella was awesome . bf mctwatt has Berna douche for years

MarZaPhiGar July 8, 2014, 00:10:00

Despite Gar’s probs, he would NOT have tolerated that punk kid taking a night off. Phil (PHIL!) tells a story in his own autobio about how Jer almost threw him down a flight of stairs for being sub-par one night, screaming “you PLAY, motherfucker!”
All that aside, let’s all take a breath for a second and remember that addiction is a DISEASE, and it does NOT descriminate. It fucks over EVERYBODY, and EVERYBODY associated with the addict. Think about it- would you look down on a cancer patient? It’s time for compassion and tough love. Get help, Bobby. Consider it an intervention on a massive scale- we can no longer subsidize your illness, and we therefore must inform you that until you are in recovery, we will no longer support your act. If enough of you people got on board and put your OWN selfish reasons for attending his shows aside, perhaps he will get the message.

MarZaPhiGar July 8, 2014, 00:12:00

BTW- this goes for Jambands.com as well. Do your job as journos. If you know something, report it. Don’t be apologists, and don’t go ostrich on us. We deserve better. If not you, who???

Pine Trees July 8, 2014, 09:33:10

Well said MarZaPhiGar

DJ Damage July 8, 2014, 09:39:37

To all of my fans and adulators: Thank you, thank you, thank you. Perhaps now BFMcT will get wind of the hope and concern for him and do the right thing. RE-hab & RE-tire. Only then will I crawl back down my hole and amuse myself from the sidelines. To Hal (Wrecking Crew) Blaine, me, and the rest of my denizens, I can only blush from the love and respect sent my way. There is no such thing as bad publicity, no? Don’t cry for me Argentina (apologies to Lionel), I will forever relish my time as the “Most Interesting Man on Jambands”. Spell check abiding. Reality abiding. The DJ. Abiding.

Rainchild July 8, 2014, 12:58:20

Jeez, kids, thought we tolled yuz to stay away from the brown acid….Had a quaintance once dried & cleaned some jimson weed, scraped off & smoked the root hairs but his trip didn’t sound this Ugh, Lee. Weir’s condition? You don’t know, can’t know & mebbe don’t really wanna anyway, huh?
Save yourselves if you can. Meanwhile, seven stories high, all your dreams are being realized.

NuclearFathead July 8, 2014, 13:22:09

MarZaPhiGar hits the nail on the head. I had to miss the Detroit shows because my family had to come first and I can only see so many shows/concerts a year. That said, I hate subsidizing addicts and no longer knowingly do so. Good luck Brother Weir. I hope you get well soon.

Wrecking krew July 8, 2014, 14:51:48

Damage we r on the way to end your existence. U fucked up bad. U have less than 48 hours left on this planet. So tell everyone u love goodbye.

Wrecking krew July 8, 2014, 14:52:17

skullsplitter July 8, 2014, 15:23:54

Do all you haters have some inside scoop as to what Bob’s ailment actually was? If not, then STFU and go listen to Phish.

Fast Eddie July 8, 2014, 15:27:45

That’s right damage we know where u r.

Clive Bigsby July 8, 2014, 15:38:25

I will just listen to Phish. Way better. The Dead never really rocked anyway.

norma stitz July 8, 2014, 16:52:33

“Bobby is good dude and regular guy”- lulz

Issac Washington July 9, 2014, 22:31:50

The music was better without Bobby. He should sit at the bar and get faced everynight.

Trude July 9, 2014, 23:56:20

Missed Bobby on Sat. Night and could hardly believe the rumors that he was drunk/drugged to the point could not go on. Thank you to Steve, Jeff, etc. for still playing the music. It should be more about the music and less than the individuals. San Diego and Phoenix were fine shows- Hope we all carry on for many more. Humboldt Rules

Bob Weir July 18, 2014, 21:28:31

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. I will keep on rocking it for you!