Published: 2014/07/08

Widespread Panic Announce New Year’s Eve, Tunes for Tots Shows

Photo: Brad Kuntz

Widespread Panic will celebrate the new year with a pair of shows in Charlotte, NC on December 30 and 31. The first show will take will take place at The Fillmore and will be the band’s annual Tunes for Tots benefit concert, while the New Year’s Eve show will take place at the Time Warner Cable Arena. Show details and ticketing information will be announced in the near future.

Widespread Panic’s Tunes for Tots concerts have raised over $1.2 million to purchases instruments for Georgia Public Schools since the the band held the first benefit in 2005.

Comments

Nah July 8, 2014, 11:36:00

Charlotte is a super lame city to be in for NYE.
No thanks. Even if I could find out where Ric Flair was pregaming it still wouldn’t be worth it.

Rob July 8, 2014, 11:46:57

Why can’t you guys take a risk and supprise every spreadheads and play out in sf or la. It’d be good weather and lots of fun or maybe sd, it’s like a global warming winter Hawaii down there that time a year.

goodberger13 July 8, 2014, 12:05:07

As far as NYE goes… CLT > ATL

Nick July 8, 2014, 13:12:27

Not Returning to Playa unless it changes destination.
Not going to the southeast to Panic.
So many better destinations.

Bryan July 8, 2014, 13:59:17

Sorry West Coast fans, but WSP calls GA home, and everybody wants to stay close to home during the holidays. Go see the Halloween show in CO! It should be a good time!

timmy July 8, 2014, 14:26:05

@Nick: What don’t you like about Punta Cana, DR? I’m not saying your wrong, I really want to know, because I want to go one of these years. I would have gone by now, but I really need to justify dropping that kind of loot. I’m not an all inclusive guy. My wife and I would rather stay somewhere cheap, and go to shows from there. But not if the location sucks.

Kramer July 8, 2014, 14:57:02

What’s with just 2 nights again?? What happened to tunes on the 29th? Most of us can’t afford that so we only get one night on NYE and that’s lame. Every other major touring band does 3 nights. This is BS!! I’m close to 200 shows but I’m seriously considering retiring. Oh and I agree Charlotte sux! They don’t really treat us well in ATL but it’s more fun than Charlotte!

D July 8, 2014, 15:32:31

I’m sorry, but Playa is great! I think the resort is just fine as well. Better than Mayan holidaze Sapphire in Mexico. I’ve been two years in a row to the DR and have had an unbelievable time each year. To each his own for sure. Timmy, I recommend it if the money is there.

honkyred July 8, 2014, 15:43:25

“Thanks for giving us our old jobs back!”

jesse July 8, 2014, 18:36:22

shoulda been in Athens , GA

Danny July 8, 2014, 19:51:06

You guys always find something to complain about. Not in Atlanta? Complain. Not outside the south east? Complain. Only doing tunes for tots and one show? Complain. The boys are all from the southeast, so them wanting to be there and not on the west coast makes sense. Be happy the west coast got a ton of love on spring tour and Halloween is in Denver. They wanted to switch it up and do somewhere else besides Atlanta. So what? They’ll be back next year and you Georgians had tons of opportunities to see shows in Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama this year. And can you blame em for only doing 2 shows during the holidays? They wanna spend the holidays with family as well. They tour hard all year long, let em take it easy during the holidays and be grateful you get to see em put on one hell of a show to bring in the new year. I’m sure they’ll do another warren Haynes Christmas jam or whatever like last year. TL;DR Stop fucking complaining. The boys tour all year, and never play a mediocre show. They bring the heat night in and night out, and myself and all of you are lucky enough to be able to experience the magic their music provides. So chill the fuck out and enjoy the ride.

nickt1631 July 9, 2014, 10:19:28

I think Todd and Jimmy are the only ones from the south. I’m pretty sure Dave lives on the west coast, so….

Joe July 9, 2014, 12:18:16

FYI:
JoJo lives in Nashville and JB in Dahlonega, GA. I think Sonny lives in GA as well. So Dave is the only one who does not live in the South.