Published: 2014/07/21

Gregg Allman Cancels Norway Show

Gregg Allman will not appear at this year’s Notodden Blues Festival in Norway due to illness. There is no official word on whether or not this is related to his hospitalization earlier this month. That incident forced the postponement of his show scheduled in Spokane, WA and outright canceling his show in Seattle, WA that evening.

Delbert McClinton and Royal Southern Brotherhood will replace Allman at the festival which kicks off July 31. He is still committed to the future Allman Brothers Band shows as well as his remaining solo dates scheduled for the month of August. Allman was also recently added to the lineup at Atlanta’s Music Midtown Festival in September.

Allman release the following statement in regards to the cancellation:

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to meet my fans in Norway in August. I am disappointed and will make plans to see you all in the near future. Get ready for what promises to be a killer set from Delbert and Royal Southern Brotherhood

Comments

. July 21, 2014, 17:34:07

this is getting a bit old, eh?

Danny July 21, 2014, 17:46:30

Man, poor guy really seems to be struggling right now. However; after checking out some of the 7/19 show on youtube he still sounds pretty good. Seems like there a renewed energy in his solo shows. Jam On has been playing a version of “Blue Sky” from Wanee 2014 and it’s slow and flat. I’ve been checking out the “Blue Sky” from 92 at the Beacon and it blows anything the current line up is doing anyway. Perhaps Greg should get well, then resume his solo touring in 2015.

M July 21, 2014, 17:54:18

Blue Sky sounding flat is not Gregg’s fault. He doesn’t sing or lead that song.

Henry Cooper July 21, 2014, 18:08:34

Good luck with those Beacon tickets in October.

Addie Corn July 21, 2014, 18:19:25

Gregg, we love you, and want you to be well.

Donna Doble-Brown July 21, 2014, 18:41:43

Gregg, take good care of yourself . . . We want you to be healthy! Sending love from RI

Dennis July 21, 2014, 21:46:57

Dearest Greg, The Allman Brothers band and you Greg, are the only tunes I listen to ever, fan since the early 70s, if there’s anything that I could do for you Sir, just send me an email, Carry-on my brother hope things get better for you, I love you Bro rock on my brother…

dc July 21, 2014, 21:50:40

Gregg should shelve the solo shows so he’s able to make ABB/Beacon this fall

Looked frail July 22, 2014, 01:06:22

I saw Greg in May at a festival in California. He looked very frail, still sounded good and played solid. When they had to help him off the stage for a little mid-set break, he looked super tired. John Mayall was on that bill too, at 81, he still looked 10 x more fit than Greg. Get well, keep rocking.

Pamela July 22, 2014, 07:29:58

Greg ~ I just got out of the hospital ~ I am 56. It takes longer for us older people to get truly back to our old selves…take care of yourself ~ get well ~ none of your true fans are worried about seeing you sick and tired..we want to see you well and happy !!!

Ernie Pyle July 22, 2014, 07:45:02

Perhaps it is time for Gregg Allmans family to make a decision for what is best for him not band members and managers who look at him for a paycheck.

Homer July 22, 2014, 10:01:20

Ernie- If you look at G. Allmans tour schedule the past 3 years then you will see that nobody is making $$ of of him. If anything guys like Scott Sharrard in his solo band are doing him a service. It is hard enough to be a musician in the industry and make money. But it also is harder when you commit to a project out of dedication and turn down other projects that are more fruitful. Especially when the gigs are thin and have the possibility of cancellation every week.

Joshua Katt July 22, 2014, 10:36:21

You Locken people are going to be very disappointed…

Duder July 22, 2014, 11:39:21

Sending my prayers to Gregg. It’s hard to swallow all of these cancellations and be excited for the beacon run in October. I want to see the brothers go out on top but with Gregg not able to perform more than twice a week makes me concerned. The real question is why did his management decide to drag him around the world for shows instead of focusing on US dates that I assume would be just at profitable? You don’t see healthy older musicians like Santana, bob weir, Phil Lesh, bb king, buddy guy or even our boy dicky jumping overseas for $$$? What’s the deal?

JStats July 22, 2014, 12:17:35

First and foremost I hope that Gregg can get well. Someone in the thread mentioned Good Luck to the Lockn’ people which would be me. This would be my last ABB show. Get well Gregg and hope to see you in September.

Jabroni July 22, 2014, 12:19:18

How about reporting when he actually does play a show as opposed to all these cancellations. At this point it is news if he performs.

skullsplitter July 22, 2014, 13:43:16

Jabroni, wtf is wrong with you? Cut the guy some slack.

Blooby July 22, 2014, 17:38:53

I am pretty much resigned to the notion that we probably won’t see Gregg at Locken. If staying off the road leads to improved health, so be it.

Susan Torbush July 22, 2014, 18:27:44

Gregory apparently lives and breathes “the pain free planet, aka live music gigs” as he has said before. Bear in mind a organ transplant unless from family requires life long steroid/anti-rejection meds that lower body’s natural immune response to any pathogen. So that is just what gets worse the further he gets from home. He was in rare form past winter in Macon GA looking and sounding half his age. The stress and grief from his movie’s set accident has undoubtedly been heavy on heart. Long live Baybro ~ Peace & Peaches

Susan Torbush July 22, 2014, 18:47:09

Looking back at other posts I just want to say I don’t know or care what Gregory’s bandmate’s pay rate is! to be chosen is such a rare gift & they know it )) Kudos to all it sounds so very lovely it makes me forget I am earthbound when that sound is in the air Positive vibes Brothers & Sisters!

Chriss July 22, 2014, 21:49:49

I haven’t been fortunate enough to see the band live. I have had the great pleasure where the music takes me there. And it never fails. So, if it takes this to get to that, I wish him well and all the love and support to his family.

Blooby July 23, 2014, 08:28:43

@ Susan, thanks for that bit of information. I was unaware about the lowered immune system as a result of the meds.

Homer July 23, 2014, 13:35:30

@susan While I appreciate your opinion and love for Gregg you are misguided. Nobody in this industry goes and plays music with legends without getting paid. Unless of course they are rich which is highly unlikely.Of course they appreciate the gift of the gig…but that doesn’t necessarily keep the lights on at home.

Bob July 24, 2014, 00:43:46

Have a ticket for aug 8th at the cape cod melody tent
on cape cod. That show is still going on right?

yelnick mc wawa July 29, 2014, 23:37:27

Take it easy bro,ya know 70 is a little different than 60 ,huh. This cat dennis who left a pretty disturbing entry You might wanna keep him at a distance. PEACE

Paula tobin July 30, 2014, 10:40:30

So true re: blue sky
Dickey sings that doesn’t he?

Martha Williams July 30, 2014, 12:46:35

First and priority – get well Gregg. Take it easy, only you can tell when your body is ready to take on touring. Everything else is secondary. There are always haters and negative people…especially those (dennis) who hide on these sites. Like the chickens they are, they will peck you to death if you let them. You have dedicated your life to the music and I suppose always will as it is your passion and love, but sometimes you just have to slow down. Get well, Mr. Allman

Jim Chisholm July 30, 2014, 16:17:17

To the person who said this is getting old . . .take your negativity somewhere else and the rest of us will wish Gregg well. He owes you nothing. Gregg Allman, you are in my thoughts. I know Delbert and Devon and and Brotherhood will make you proud.